Unwinnable Arguments.

General Discussion
"Flying is great because it lets me get from one area of content to the next quickly and at my complete discretion."

"Ground running is great because the limitation it imposes engenders emergent game play between points of static content that I enjoy."

Neither are wrong.
For some reason I don't see arguments as something that has winners and losers.

One side just speaks either louder or has the most followers. It doesn't mean it's the "right" thing.

And sadly with WoW, the loud ones tend to be the ones causing stupid changes. Only to continue complaining about the change.

Apologies for the cynicism.
And we needed another pointless thread about this why?
04/03/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Keglagek

Every thread is pointless if you think about it
04/03/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Ghaston

Every thread is pointless if you think about it

Or is it that every thread has a point but it doesn't make it a good one?

These are the questions.

Either you're nihilist or not. Either everything has some point or merit or nothing does. Don't go half in on convictions. Every topic has a value. This one surely has little, but it was on my mind and happened to be a relevant current topic.
THis point has been stated literally hundreds of times, so it has not additional point or merit. It's like retweeting something everyone knows, there is absolutely no point.

Some people come to the forums, look for popular threads, then make a new thread on the subject hoping theirs will be popular too.

Best thing is to just not post in it.
04/03/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Cocoa

Some people come to the forums, look for popular threads, then make a new thread on the subject hoping theirs will be popular too.

Best thing is to just not post in it.

This poster here is very right. I agree.
I don't get why people get angry over threads they deem repetitive or just disagree with. I see countless "Rate my transmog" and other silly threads all the time. I also see LFR hate threads and other complaints about teh game and community. When you think about it, few threads are truly unique. Some threads crop up again and have been for years already.

I say if you are not interested, just don't click and read the thread. It actually takes more effort to click on, read, then click respond, and type out your displeasure than it does to simply ignore.

The people doing the same repetitive "Do we really need this again?" are actually worse.
04/03/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Sereven
"Flying is great because it lets me get from one area of content to the next quickly and at my complete discretion."

"Ground running is great because the limitation it imposes engenders emergent game play between points of static content that I enjoy."

Neither are wrong.

tru...

thats why i prefer to see it as a QoL issue :D
04/03/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Sereven

One of the things I loved about FF14 was the lack of flying and how everyone was forced to run around and interact more with the world.

I'm not really sure there's an upside to flying. What you get out of flying could be done better with the teleport systems you see in newer games, without the huge downsides that flying brings in.
04/03/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Keglagek
THis point has been stated literally hundreds of times, so it has not additional point or merit. It's like retweeting something everyone knows, there is absolutely no point.

The difference is that people calling dead horse are under the assumption that everyone else has heard the points they've already read. To them they see no further point because it's old for them, but to others this would not be the case. It's a bit absurd to assume that every single person has read every argument there is to a topic and chide someone who is just learning about it that they should have known the things they clearly aren't familiar with.

And telling them to use the search engine only goes so far.

There is always a point in doing something, whether it's a good one or a bad one is debatable.