WoD Patch notes

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
04/03/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Adelphie
I lose:
Hand of Salvation(who cares?)
Guardian of Ancient Kings(which is good, ret needs less burst and more sustained)
Inquisition(I'm sure there will be a celebration in honor of its demise)

I was dreading the squish, but it didn't really hit paladins.

I really just want sustained dps. Yay I can burst up to 250k dps! Then it just drops straight back down to 130...

Why
Inquisition was removed.

I think I'll ask for my deleted Paladin to be restored.
I like the part where the explanation of the level 75 mage tier talents were longer than the entire paladin section.
The perk system (a bunch of passive 20% buffs) sounds - not entirely exciting.

I'm not in love with the shift towards longer cast times for heals and the overall reduction in healing (that's going to be made up for by gimped raid bosses, but how does that work in PvP?)

But what matters is how much fun the new garrisons and content is in Draenor. They can always tweak the numbers or abilities.
04/03/2014 07:17 PMPosted by Demecanos
Inquisition was removed.

I think I'll ask for my deleted Paladin to be restored.

<taps keg>

<hands out steins>
04/03/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Dliver
The perk system (a bunch of passive 20% buffs) sounds - not entirely exciting.

[/quote]

Kind of inclined to agree. Some of them seem kind of neat/interesting, some... don't, most are pretty bland.

And the random thing is stupid. Let us pick or pick for us, but don't leave it to RNG.
I can't say I'm entirely happy about some of the class changes, but I'll see what happens. Things have changed before, and we've adapted. I'll give it a chance and see how things go. Besides, this is still subject to change. Some things may not work out the way they planned, and others may have to be adjusted or junked completely by release.
HUNTARDS NEED TO GET ROYALY $#%&ED IN THE FIRST PLACE
04/03/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Rubedo
Hey, warlocks got :

04/01/2014 08:29 AMPosted by Bashiok
Warlock

All spells and abilities have been significantly revamped. Again. You’ll figure it out.

exactly as mentioned.

I saw none of that.
im just gonna level a paladin. they are the only ones who didnt really get nerfed
04/03/2014 06:13 PMPosted by Nitelyte
Am i the only one that couldnt help but laughing at the abilities being removed? Guess ill be avoiding WoD like a plague.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little startled and upset by some of the things I read in the patch notes.

But I still trust Blizzard to make sure the end result is enjoyable.
04/03/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Sebingston
I find it somewhat funny that they removed symbiosis when it was just released in Mop.
Lets be honest, it was a pretty awful ability. It required a ton of work on Blizzard's end and most people couldn't be bothered to remember every single ability the druid received or gave.

Anyway, a standard "Change is happening, sky is falling" thread from pre-release patch notes. Nothing I haven't seen several times before.
I'd really like to know why they took out/plan on taking out cower. It's a good ability, a viable one, even. I don't want to have to stick to my turtle every time I think I might need some damage reduction for that little extra leeway when soloing and learning a new rare/raid/dungeon/what have you, or have to group up with a tank.

There are several other things that have me miffed about my main class getting screwed again (not that I don't expect this sort of thing by now), but Cower? Come on.
Hunters got an attempt at balance, as the usual.

And they're probably still going to be broken. The classes design as a whole needs to be reworked.

You can't balance a class that deals full damage regardless of range, has a dot you have to kill to stop, and has absolutely nothing besides a disarm to stop them.
Hello.

I'm fine with the class changes. I hope that's okay.
04/04/2014 01:57 AMPosted by Enekie
Hello.

I'm fine with the class changes. I hope that's okay.
Fanboy spotted, get 'em!
04/03/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Trode
Hunters got !@#$ed royally as the usual.
Meh, not really. Not sad to see Widow Venom gone, or Distracting Shot. Somewhat sad to see Rapid Fire going out of nostalgia, but it's always been a rather lackluster cooldown for BM and SV; only MM gained from it significantly, and that was to spam Aimed Shot while it was up, primarily. Aspects have been known to be on the chopping block for a while, too.

Can't say I'm too sorry to see pet CC going, too; one less thing to micro-manage in PvP.

Now, the one thing that does have me raising an eyebrow is the removal of Hunter's Mark, and the removal of Kill Shot from Survival. Are they just removing it as a separate ability, and arcane shot/chimera shot/kill command will still apply it, or is that being removed, as well? And how is Survival going to be compensated for losing access to an execute. That's what I want to know.