Why must we ele shaman become turrets again?

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
I dont understand it. I think being able to cast lightning bolt while on the move has been one of the few saving graces of ele shaman. Why take that away? There are so many(bad) implications for ele shaman with this particular change.
Because Blizzard didn't want their refrigerator running. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
They want all casters to stand still again.
04/03/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Adelphie

Based on a cursory glance I dont see other casters mobility being nerfed.
This annoyed me to. I was happy when they made us able to move and cast. Hopefully that change does not hit live.
There's this part of the patch notes that say: "Effects like Spiritwalker's Grace can still make the spell [Lightning Bolt] castable while moving."
04/03/2014 11:22 PMPosted by Zerde
04/03/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Adelphie

Based on a cursory glance I dont see other casters mobility being nerfed.

They're changing Brain Freeze for frost mages so they're less mobile. Arcane had crap all for mobility to begin with. Same with balance and shadow.

It's really just warlocks who will still have mobility, but it's a talent not a passive thing.
I see you! Put me down! I don't hate you.
Mobility is bad, mmkay?

Eh, rolling a melee next expac or something, kinda getting sick of them backtracking over mobility with other classes and leaving hunters as HEYYYYY I CAN FREE CAST AND GIVE ZERO DAMNS!

Double standards ftw.
Fel Flame is going, so that hurts mobility for warlocks.

But then we'll still have that 90 talent to let us cast our filler spells on the move, so I'm not sure why we get to keep that when everyone else is losing theirs.

Looks like warlocks and fire mages will be the only competent caster DPS on the move. Hunters will probably still have perfect 100% mobilie DPS too.

Shaman will actually still be better off than some classes mind you, since they have spiritwalker's grace. Yes, it's a 2 minute cooldown and only lasts for 15/20 seconds, but arcane/frost mages have to rely on ice floes which kinda sucks by comparison.
04/03/2014 11:32 PMPosted by Devul
Mobility is bad, mmkay?

Eh, rolling a melee next expac or something, kinda getting sick of them backtracking over mobility with other classes and leaving hunters as HEYYYYY I CAN FREE CAST AND GIVE ZERO DAMNS!

Double standards ftw.

There needs to be an easy mode class.
04/03/2014 11:32 PMPosted by Devul
Mobility is bad, mmkay?

Double standards ftw.

Yeah. Mobility for casters is actually a really fun dynamic, especially since, as far as I'm aware it's only 1 or 2 spells each, so you have to make careful decisions about, say, when to stop to cast Immolate or spend a Burning Ember in between Incinerates. Mobility like that is a step in the right direction, imo. Meanwhile Hunters going HURP DURP I NEVER HAVE TO STOP MOVING OR THINK ABOUT WHAT I'M DOING, AS IF I HAD TO DO ANY OF THAT BEFORE is mobility done wrong.
Hunters can now shoot while mounted.

Hunters cannot be dismounted by combat.

Whoops. T instead of W
04/03/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Trixye
Hunters can not shoot while mounted.

Blizzard needs to fix this
04/03/2014 11:39 PMPosted by Renrashin
Hunters can not shoot while mounted.

please no.
I think they want it to be situational - it kind of goes against the fundamental principles of casting to be able to output damage at your maximum potential while on the move for casters. We'll see how it fleshes out.. nothing's set in stone and WOD overall will play very differently
04/03/2014 11:39 PMPosted by Trixye

please no.

I think I speak of a majority of the hunter community when I say Hunters need to be buffed
04/03/2014 11:39 PMPosted by Voidsworn
And no mobility while casting is exactly why I don't play casters.

Er...you know you're a warlock...right?