Nethergarde destroyed

Story Forum
1 2 3 26 Next
http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2014/Apr/blasted_lands_invaded_17.jpg
http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2014/Apr/blasted_lands_invaded_15.jpg

While the Horde base remains untouched

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2014/Apr/blasted_lands_invaded_08.jpg
We're still in alpha, so it's possible the same will be done to the Horde base.

But if that's really the case, I'll just leave this comment here:

"What a surprise..."
I'm not surprised. The Iron Horde is pretty much handing our keisters, so it fulfills the purpose that we're on the receiving end.

And I think I read somewhere (on MMO-C) Dreadmaul Hold is captured? Could explain why it hasn't been sacked.
... really?

Are they doing this on purpose for us to accuse them of a bias, but then deny it?
We can't start off an expansion without destroying an alliance city! I'm hoping that is just for the pre-expansion thing and it get rebuilt later when/if the alliance sends more forces through after we shut off the portal.

We do get Karabor though. Horde get an ogre fort.
Pffft, I would've preferred it more if the Iron Horde completely swamped us and sacked Stormwind a la First War.

Then we'd finally get some love for the Dwarvs and Northern Kingdoms and Dalaran.

Azerothians have become too OP for their own good since WoW.

There needs to be a sense of possible defeat again.
what else is new

iirc dreadmaul remains intact because okrilla and most of the orcs there defected to the iron horde but the point is that they start off an expac by destroying another alliance town.

BUT HURR DURR WERE NOT BIASED
Dreadmaul Hold defects to the Iron Horde. You can see their banner hanging outside, and Okrilla has become a rare mob.

Given dialogue about Stonard guards, Stonard is probably the Horde town that gets blown up.
I think this will be some sort of pre-xpac event where we defend against waves of iron horde then rebuild Nethergarde.
Why are there two identical (literally) threads on this topic?
Does the Alliance ever NOT lose? This is a tragedy. I hear that the Horde base defects to the Iron Horde. I just don't see the value of the losses the Alliance has.
04/08/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Reignac
Dreadmaul Hold defects to the Iron Horde. You can see their banner hanging outside, and Okrilla has become a rare mob.

Given dialogue about Stonard guards, Stonard is probably the Horde town that gets blown up.

HORDEBIAS.
It's better to die valiantly than be a nest of traitorous cowards? Their whole base defecting is more ominous (and disastrous) for The Horde than the losses at Nethergarde are for The Alliance. The implication being that many are willing to subvert The Horde's efforts in favor of joining the enemy.

That'll probably be a major storyline for The Horde this expansion.
04/08/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Velen
Does the Alliance ever NOT lose? This is a tragedy. I hear that the Horde base defects to the Iron Horde. I just don't see the value of the losses the Alliance has.

Getting rid of the Horde presence in Dalaran isn't considered a victory (as grey as it is)?

What about invading Orgrimmar with Horde rebels and dethroning Garrosh?
I just hope we'll get a Theramore-styled "Choose whatever phase you want to be in", so I can revisit Nethergarde, I love that place.

Plus, might solve the Dark Portal problem (Fallen Nethergarde phase=portal to AU while Old BL phase=portal to Outland)

And indeed, I could see the Horde's plot in WoD revolving around the possibility of defection.
04/08/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Fengi
It's better to die valiantly than be a nest of traitorous cowards? Their whole base defecting is more ominous (and disastrous) for The Horde than the losses at Nethergarde are for The Alliance. The implication being that many are willing to subvert The Horde's efforts in favor of joining the enemy.

How many times have we died "valiantly" and how many more lives must we lose while the Horde losses are minimal compared to our own. Yes, some defectors show that the Horde is not a united force under Vol'jin but who ever thought it was?

The Horde will likely see the Blackrock, Dragonmaw and Warsong Orcs defect to the Iron Horde and will have Upper Blackrock Spire as a nest of defectors "valiantly" defending their lives and homes for the True Horde - The Iron Horde.... Blah Blah Blah.

Where's our !@#$%^-ed comeuppance?!
04/08/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Fengi

That'll probably be a major storyline for The Horde this expansion.

I do hope there is a story line of orcs who have been indoctrinated with tales of these great warlords desperately wanting to join the Iron horde.