Insane in the Membrane hotfix??

Bug Report
Back in my day you had to keep Cartel at Exalted, and Bloodsail at Honored to get the achievement....hence why it's called "Insane".

I still have my rep sitting like that.

It's locked me out of working on the achievements for those zones that have goblin quests (because I don't want to lose anymore Bloodsail rep just to get an achievement for doing x amount of quests in a zone. It's like doing Loremaster twice :P )
Hey everybody, just wanted to clear this up since there was some confusion regarding the comment posted in the Hotfix Blog Post.

I'll start with a bit of history. Prior to this hotfix, some players were encountering an issue where they wouldn't get the Insane in the Membrane Feat of Strength awarded to them if they didn't concurrently have the the required factions (namely the Goblin Cartels and Bloodsail Buccaneers) at the required rep level. This was a bug, as it's no longer a requirement that you have all those reps at the required level at the same time.

In order to fix this, we had to slightly re-build how our achievement system tracks your character's progress towards this Feat of Strength via Hotfix. This is likely why methods of "tracking" the Feat of Strength aren't showing progress as they did before.

Now that the hotfix is applied, going forward you will now retain credit for any of these reputations even if you do something that makes you lose reputation with them. Additionally, we were able to grant retroactive credit towards the Bloodsail Buccaneers portion, as long as you had completed the Avast Ye, Admiral quest. Unfortunately no retroactive credit was provided to players who had reached exalted with any of the Goblin Cartel reputations. If you didn't get the Feat of Strength after the hotfix was applied on April 14th, and you don't currently have the four Goblin Cartel reputations at exalted, you'll need to re-obtain those reputations again.

In Summary:
  • Insane in the Membrane wasn't giving credit properly, but has since been hotfixed.
  • The system will now properly track and remember your reputation levels, even if you lose the rep levels needed.
  • We were able to retroactively grant credit to some players for the Bloodsail Reputation requirement.
  • If you were once exalted with Booty Bay or the other Cartel reputations but no longer are, you'll need to get them back to exalted to get the Feat of Strength.
  • 04/23/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Zorbrix
    Hey everybody, just wanted to clear this up since there was some confusion regarding the comment posted in the Hotfix Blog Post.
    hi i appreciate the explanation and well informed post (as it's even forced me to consider doing the achievement now), but i have a far more urgent matter that u must attend to

as a blue, you are expected to have a quirky .gif avatar that we all will come to know and love. i sincerely hope that you find one to use soon since the cute pugs are taken and the spooky trees are taken, and it's only a matter of time before you're left with nothing special

i love u goodbye
    04/23/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Ifr

as a blue, you are expected to have a quirky .gif avatar that we all will come to know and love. i sincerely hope that you find one to use soon since the cute pugs are taken and the spooky trees are taken, and it's only a matter of time before you're left with nothing special

I've got one picked out and it should be ready soon. Can't wait to show everybody, I think it'll be awesome!
    So, after multiple GMs and Zorbrix telling me I needed re-grind the goblins reps, I bought a bunch of cloth and did the quest turn-ins. As soon as I hit neutral with the last goblin faction, I got the achievement: http://imgur.com/2Lz1ARE

There seems to be something quite wrong with the tracking for this achievement =/

On a related note, the achievement tracker for Insane in the membrane started showing the reps for the goblins once I was neutral with them.
    That's very interesting. You were at Exalted with the Goblin Cartels at some point I assume? Can you walk me through (very rough estimates are fine) when you hit the various faction levels for Insane in the Membrane? Might help us track down what happened.
    Yes, I was exalted with the goblins up until this previous fall (when I started working on Bloodsail reputation). I want to say it was late Wrath/early Cata when I reached exalted with all of the goblin factions; I know I never ground pirates specifically for rep, and never killed Booty Bay npcs until this previous fall, so whatever the rep that faction-related quests give you is what I got. I did the original Loremaster, then did all of the new zone-specific achievements that were added in the Cata pre-expansion patch (if I recall correctly, I did them all before Cataclysm went live) but didn't use the phased version of Booty Bay to grind rep.

I reached exalted with Darkmoon Faire during Cata- I hadn't really started on it at all until the island was available, then pretty much did every daily/event quest possible every time the Faire was available...so, maybe a few months into Cata?

I reached exalted with Ravenholdt this week.

I reached honored with Bloodsail shortly after getting the Avast Ye, Admiral FoS, so late January/early February 2014. I only ground Bruisers; I didn't use the phased version of Booty Bay to grind rep.
    Prior to when we pushed the hotfix live a few weeks ago, it had been not functioning properly for a few patches, so I imagine it was just a combination of when you specifically hit the various rep levels (Goblin reps before MoP Launch, Bloodsail Post MoP Launch but pre-hotfix).

Thanks for the information, we'll do further testing and keep an eye on earned achievements.
    Oh, so that's why Eberard didn't get credit for Bloodsail. He got it and lost it again during Cataclysm, but skipped Avast Ye, Admiral!.

BTW, it's been broken since 5.0.4, the pre-MoP release patch.
    04/23/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Zorbrix
    Now that the hotfix is applied, going forward you will now retain credit for any of these reputations even if you do something that makes you lose reputation with them. Additionally, we were able to grant retroactive credit towards the Bloodsail Buccaneers portion, as long as you had completed the Avast Ye, Admiral quest. Unfortunately no retroactive credit was provided to players who had reached exalted with any of the Goblin Cartel reputations. If you didn't get the Feat of Strength after the hotfix was applied on April 14th, and you don't currently have the four Goblin Cartel reputations at exalted, you'll need to re-obtain those reputations again.

Thank you for the informative post. I received the Avast FoS in 2010 and made a feeble attempt at rebuilding the cartel reps. I soon gave up to spend my time on more interesting things. :) I just recently considered working towards this title, but I do not know if I reached Honored with the Bloodsail in 2010 and would rather not have to grind it from Hated to Honored. Is there a way for me to tell if I received retroactive credit for Honored with the Bloodsail?

If it helps this was a GM response from a ticket I submitted last month - but I didn't know to ask about the retroactive credit hotfix as I became aware of it today via this thread.

Unfortunately, we cannot verify what you're reputation was at with the Buccaneers at that time. You reputation changes as you gain or lose it overtime and we can only verify what the current state is.

P.S. Excellent avatar choice.
    Today I received confirmation from a GM that yes, with the "Avast" achievement Bloodsail rep is credited toward the "Insane" achievement. In addition, when I have all the others at Exalted but do not receive the "Insane" feat of strength and title, that I should submit a ticket and it will be granted.

So glad I don't have to regrind the Bloodsail! Still got a long freakin' way to go.
    I'm working on obtaining the Feat Of Strength "Insane In The Membrane" and I'm concerned that I've encountered a bug.

When I type /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)
    or /script AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

to show my progress beneath Objectives in my standard (default) UI, it doesn't list the requirements.

The text only says: "Raise your reputation with the areas listed below." but there's no list. There seem to be no requirements! though I've read what they are, so why aren't they displaying properly? Why isn't it tracking that I'm Exalted with each faction of Steamwheedle Cartel? You can verify that I am at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Valsharai/reputation/

Is this bugged for me? for some reason? if so, is there a way to fix it so that I can see my current progress to track it? From what I've read, other players pursuing this F.O.S. are able to see the list of requirements, so I'm worried. Could someone please confirm or deny or explain what's going on with this tracking in my UI not functioning as it seemingly should?

I'm still grinding Ravenholdt reputation and will then soon tackle Bloodsail rep. since I've read that I don't need to have Steamwheedle Cartel at Exalted at the same time as Honored with Bloodsail to get the Feat Of Strength title "Insane In The Membrane"