How can make friends in World of Warcraft ?!

General Discussion
Hey,

I need help in making friends in WOW, I'm new here, and I am not being able to make any connection with anyone, all people are busy questing and stuff, however I'm interested in PVP, and making XP over communication not just questing,

Kindly advice.
My advice: Post this in the general discussion forums.
Basically, from what I learned, Common Sense is a must, even outside of WoW.

Trust the tank and the healer to do their jobs, that is to hold threat and keep everyone alive respectively and in that order. Guilds are also a good start, but that can be a hit-and-miss: Of what I found, most guilds are either dead (hundreds of members, you and some creepy guy's the only one that logs in), Empty (less than 10 people around at all times, logged on and off), or full of a rather unenjoyable bunch (pricks, drama, etc).
Roll a tank, be chill, people will gravitate towards you.
Roll a tank or healer, that'll get you somewhere. Ladies like it when I take the damage for them.
Once you meet at least one person who you think is friend worthy the rest just falls into place. You begin to meet their friends if in group, you may join the guild they are in, just stand around in the shrine and org and chime in conversations (not the trolling ones). Before you know it you'll have build bonds with people you like who have the same interests. Also instead of posting here in general I suggest you post on your realms forum introducing yourself and what your interested in and hopefully you'll get many friendly replies =)

Cheers on your adventures and happy ally killing =)
04/15/2014 08:28 AMPosted by Sephirothya
Hey,

I need help in making friends in WOW, I'm new here, and I am not being able to make any connection with anyone, all people are busy questing and stuff, however I'm interested in PVP, and making XP over communication not just questing,

Kindly advice.

Find a good guild for you because your still leveling Look for a social guild one with a lot of players around your level.. Now once you get into the guild, do not be shy and quiet.. Say Hi when you log on and see if anyone wants to do something..

To do this you want to avoid " hey I am bored anyone want to do something?" kind of thing instead, Hey I am a tank anyone what to run a few dungeons I am level 20.

Also find out what voice chat your guild uses and use it, you will find many guilds who have voice chat prefer to use it..

Get to know the other guild members, go slowly at first.. giving out too much personal information can actually scare folks off. I have had periods where I knew a lot of people in game and then others where I felt like I was the only one.. it takes some effort to cultivate friendships in real life and in game

If you want to roll a toon on Zul jin look me up, this guild is nice friendly and active
Friends can making in Woarcraft of World.
04/15/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Jakemcdeath
Roll a tank or healer, that'll get you somewhere. Ladies like it when I take the damage for them.

lol :) That is so true, love a tank that knows how to help their healer in bg's .
Start with your guild. Be an active member. Start conversation, get guildies in on dungeons and pvp. If you find you aren't getting any bites within your guild, find a new one. If no one is interacting anyway you're not likely to miss them or be missed.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The Den of Wolves

Roll a tank or healer, that'll get you somewhere. Ladies like it when I take the damage for them

Definitely love the tanks and use Pain Suppression & Void Shift on them!

To OP:
It used to be so much easier to meet a new person and befriend them when we had to count on people on our servers. Nowadays, we turn to looking for dungeon, looking for raid & random battlegrounds.

In the past , it was common to see posts in trade chat from people asking for help with a quest or they needed some gear made or they were getting a group together. Community chat was satisfying in spite of the usual trade chat trolls. Every server had a few of those.

If I could answer your question I would. My friends stopped playing the game 6 months ago and it's not easy to find a group you have fun with and trust.
Lotta nerd rage in this thread. I'd suggest finding a social guild, usually more friendly people in those, and stay away from hardcore raiding guilds, as they tend to be populated with antisocial trolls.

Just MO.
It's all in the right guild.

So on that note, don't feel bad about leaving guilds that don't fit you.

For leveling finding a leveling partner (or a few) and a guild vent/mumble is a fun way to hang out.
joining a guild and communicating is the best way imo
In my opinion the first thing you should do is decide for yourself what having a friend in game means. Literally write your expectations down.

Does it mean someone who will recognize you as a person, as opposed to just another NPC, say hello when you log on and good nite when you are leaving? (small commitment)

Does it mean someone who will do something in game with you a time or two every week? (moderate commitment)

Does it mean someone who will schedule play time with you and level with you? (thats a big commitment)

Does it mean someone who will do all the above plus share external contact information with you and be interested in whats going on in your life outside the game? (thats pretty extreme commitment)

I say this often... but "the key to happiness is low expectations"

Make sure your expectations are reasonable, and since friendships are a two way street, not so much of a commitment that it becomes overwhelming for you to keep up your end of the deal. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

For me? I'm content to establish mutually beneficial (transactional) relationships with about 40 other players I know I will see again and again. With some of them, we stay in touch via facebook. With one or two, I've invited them to visit my home and we do "real" friend stuff. Thats enough for me right now... and I can make that work.

How to find these people? I can't say exactly. So far (honest truth) in games like this people seem to approach me first. I don't approach them. I just play along with the new people who talk to me and see how it goes.
04/15/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Xindrahorde
You don't. Either you made friends back when there was a community (no x realm crap) or you're screwed now. If you're a new player, better bring real life friends with you.

Don't listen to this guy.

All the friends I play with now I made about a week before Mists launched, that was when I joined this guild.

Of course I've gained new friends as we got new guildies, but my point is you can still make friends and I personally believe that comes from finding the right guild.
The friends I've made in the game have been people I whispered to join a group or else
I was asked to join their group.

I tend to identify with other middle-aged women who have kids and husbands or boyfriends and also younger people who have parents playing the game with them. In essence it's a family thing.

Courteousness and respectfulness are my only criteria for friendship in World of Warcraft.

If I can't respect you and you can't respect me, we are doomed to not be friends at all.