Why is Rogue Dead last in Damage in PVP

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Seriously, can blizzard give me the option of my rogue being something other then a CC BOT.

Something is wrong with the game when characters with 40 yard range and platewearers sitting in defensive/blood get to outdps my rogue.

Mage is suppoused to be premiere ranged damage dealer.

Rogue is supposued to be premiere melee damage dealer.

Melee needs to close a gap to attack an enemy and switch targets.

Meanwhile rogues have the worst mitigation in the game.

And blizzard thinks that warriors and dks should get to outpds rogues while sitting in their defensives on top of plate.

Can blizzard get a clue and balance the game worth a damn?

Seriously, playing a rogue is a painful exercise in frustration.

Feels nothing like the class it was in TBC.

I don't want super good burst damage if it means this class gets the most garbage sustained damage in the game iN PVP
Wut? You realize rogues are amazing currently due to scaling in current gear with new prideful gear. In PvP they do some great burst and have amazing crowd control in arenas your issue is a L2p issue.
04/23/2014 08:30 AMPosted by Faetel
Are you kidding? Rogues are at the top right now. Learn to play.

Actually, they are second to last. But good job being almost completely wrong

http://arenahead.com/index.php/threes
04/23/2014 08:30 AMPosted by Faetel
Are you kidding? Rogues are at the top right now. Learn to play.

Are you referring to cap, or your level. They are not as bad at cap as the OP suggests, but they are not top either.
Im serious...I have 6 90s...every single one outdamages Rogue in PVP.

MM Hunter = Outdamages Rogue at 40 yards while backpeddling
Arms Warrior - Outdamages Rogue
Balance Druid = Outdamages Rogue
Lock = Gets 2x my Rogues EFHP with more damage at 40 yards
Monk = Rogue 5.0, RSKS for 120k FOF for 50k

Rogue= CCBOT
Well not to play devils advocate, but to play devils advocate

Rogues are not the premier melee damage class. In every RPG and MMO that role goes to the warrior. Thats like their jam, run in with a big weapon, make noise, crack skulls, and take heavy hits.

Rogues are the premier finisher/utility class. High dps, lots of finishers, and lots of utility. Your class is a hit and run class, if you are trying to go face to face with a melee, you are gonna have a bad time.
04/23/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Khlorós

Rogues are not the premier melee damage class. In every RPG and MMO that role goes to the warrior. Thats like their jam, run in with a big weapon, make noise, crack skulls, and take heavy hits.

Rogues are the premier finisher/utility class. High dps, lots of finishers, and lots of utility. Your class is a hit and run class, if you are trying to go face to face with a melee, you are gonna have a bad time.

Wrong.

Rogue Could Stunlock people for 14 seconds in Vanilla.

Rogue was the premier "PVP" class from Vanilla to TBC.

Cata Legendaries made rogues overpowered.

This whole expansion rogues have been garbage...
My husband is a rogue and he sometimes does more damage than I do, and I always do a lot!
f you are trying to go face to face with a melee, you are gonna have a bad time.

This has been true since BC... (well.. I could rock pallies/enhance shaman and after DK's weren't LOLFACEROLLEVERYTHING I could also take most DK's in WOTLK) but seriously.... you NEVER went face to face with a warrior lol... well except for a small period in Cata where they were delicious corpses at my feet...
04/23/2014 08:50 AMPosted by Dashero

Wrong.

Rogue was the premier "PVP" class from Vanilla to TBC.

Cata Legendaries made rogues overpowered.

This whole expansion rogues have been garbage...

So for 2 expansions and vanilla you were the center of attention and for some reason I'm supposed to feel bad for you now?
lol
Rogues are good for about 50% of a health pool. Moral of the story, attack after 50%.
Amyiss

i keep forgetting ask you what your DA name is

was OP and obviously needed nerfing.

Rogue was the premier "PVP" class from Vanilla to TBC

Hello Mr. SL/SL Warlock would like a word with you (although rogues were pretty sick, but still, you NEVER went face to face with a warrior... Unless you were combat, even then it was a 50/50)

(I can't speak for mace rogues because I found that spec to be transient and kind of pathetic)
04/23/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Dashero
Seriously, can blizzard give me the option of my rogue being something other then a CC BOT.

Something is wrong with the game when characters with 40 yard range and platewearers sitting in defensive/blood get to outdps my rogue.

And blizzard thinks that warriors and dks should get to outpds rogues while sitting in their defensives on top of plate.

I don't want super good burst damage if it means this class gets the most garbage sustained damage in the game iN PVP

Cause there is more to PVP then just the numbers on your recount.
04/23/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Shizukå
Amyiss

i keep forgetting ask you what your DA name is

naon - I keep meaning to change it tho
04/23/2014 08:57 AMPosted by Bellcross
04/23/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Dashero

Cause there is more to PVP then just the numbers on your recount.

I DON'T PVE.

Rogues are fine IN PVE, IMO.

ITS PVP where they are complete and utter trash.

I don't use recount.

Frost DKs in blood should not be hitting me for 85k Obliterates while my Hemorrage hits them for 7k in equal gear.
04/23/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Dashero
ITS PVP where they are complete and utter trash.

my gear is not as good as yours, I'm not yet gemmed nor am I enchanted... more often than not, unless the player outgears me strongly, or has 150k+ more hp than I do... I have more CC, more interrupts, more utility all around, and I'm going to say about 80% of the time, I kill them.. not the other way around.

I you genuinely think that rogues are trash in pvp... I have some bad news for ya :/

I'll admit Frost DK's in BP are pretty crap to try to fight... but every class needs to have a weakness, hunters are not our weakness, warriors are a 60/40 loss but that's not bad... the only two classes that are a no go on my rogue, is a DK and a monk..
04/23/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Dashero
Rogue= CCBOT
If it helps your team win, is that a bad thing?