Why is Rogue Dead last in Damage in PVP

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
My friend plays a rogue and wrecks people with only like a 500 pvp item level.

That's just battlegrounds though so idk.
Rogue is much nerfed! So much that Blizz decided to remove stealth and rename you a "Thief" ... Now cry OP!
Awww the poor rogue isn't on top. Boo Who Who
I agree with a lot of the other rogues here. They are not fun to play. I mained my rogue since vanilla and this xpac made me switch.

Too many "I don't know anything about rogues but they scare me in pvp so I hate them" in this thread.
04/23/2014 08:50 AMPosted by Dashero
04/23/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Khlorós
Well not to play devils advocate, but to play devils advocate

Rogues are not the premier melee damage class. In every RPG and MMO that role goes to the warrior. Thats like their jam, run in with a big weapon, make noise, crack skulls, and take heavy hits.

Rogues are the premier finisher/utility class. High dps, lots of finishers, and lots of utility. Your class is a hit and run class, if you are trying to go face to face with a melee, you are gonna have a bad time.

Wrong.

Rogue Could Stunlock people for 14 seconds in Vanilla.

Rogue was the premier "PVP" class from Vanilla to TBC.

Cata Legendaries made rogues overpowered.

This whole expansion rogues have been garbage...

Yeah and we're all glad those days are over
Want to know why?

Most rogues play as opportunists -- i.e. They wait for a target to be low health or already in combat to take advantage of the situation!

Good rogues can top pvp damage any day. All depends on the play style.
Because go FERAL DRUID! :D

C'mon stop bringing up vanilla like it was balanced! Rogues, Shamans, and Warriors killllled it and everybody knows how OP rogue was in PvE too! Your glory days are over :)
Hi there.

You are a god awful rogue. Any decent/good rogue will know that we are not there for "OMG THAT ROGUE DID 25M DAMAGE IN THAT BG THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED". We aren't unholy dk's or affliction locks. We're all single target damage, and on top of that we don't have constant uptime like other melee. We have to get restealths and play more of a support role rather than spam backstab and let your energy pool stay at 0 the whole fight (which is probably what you do).

We are a support dps class. We aren't meant to top damage boards, more so be at the top of DPS meters.

Please, for the love of all that is unholy, quit your rogue. Stick with aoe-dependent classes if you want to do 20m+ damage a bg.

Sincerely, a player who hopes to never see you on the fields of battle.
04/25/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Dysko
We have to get restealths and play more of a support role rather than spam backstab and let your energy pool stay at 0 the whole fight (which is probably what you do).

Actually, I think all he does is try to spam Hemo.

He's compared Hemo (a secondary resource generator) to other, more powerful spells that are Secondary Resource spenders twice now, namely with Fists of Fury.

He thinks Hemo is supposed to deal roughly the same damage as Fists of Fury. Yeah.

04/24/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Dashero
Lol don't understand how all these posters can deny the truth which is rogue damage is utter crap.

Simple.

Because your opinion actually isn't a truth or fact.
04/25/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Laranel
Actually, I think all he does is try to spam Hemo.

He's compared Hemo (a secondary resource generator) to other, more powerful spells that are Secondary Resource spenders twice now, namely with Fists of Fury.

He thinks Hemo is supposed to deal roughly the same damage as Fists of Fury. Yeah.
Seriously? Man, I guess I should've read all 5 pages of this thread. Potentially some big laughs in there. OP is one strange individual.
04/25/2014 05:31 AMPosted by Trueflight
Too many "I don't know anything about rogues but they scare me in pvp so I hate them" in this thread.

I hates em so much :)

I can deal with it, but when you're standing there on your own guarding a base and suddenly *sapped* you get this little jolt of adrenaline and know you're going to have to pay a lot of really close attention for the next few. It's tense. I wouldn't have the game without them though, and I think they're in a good spot right now from what I see in BGs, not OP, not useless, a solid class holding its own.

In the hands of a decent player, of course.
04/25/2014 10:11 AMPosted by Hystin
when you're standing there on your own guarding a base and suddenly *sapped* you get this little jolt of adrenaline and know you're going to have to pay a lot of really close attention for the next few.
And this is why playing a rogue is so much fun. Believe me, it's as much fun for me as it is for you :)
Okay guys. Rogues are good but you need to rethink your life if you think rogues are TOP. We due not that great damage but the fact I can win games or lose games for my team is awesome. Cc is our main role
Rogue is one of the hardest classes to really excel at in PvP, you're probably just not that good at it.
04/25/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Dysko
. Potentially some big laughs in there. OP is one strange individual.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of OP going "LOL, didn't read. Anyways blah blah hemo, blah blah blah obliterate" up in here
Hi all, thread is being locked as it really doesn't lend itself to constructive conversation. We respectfully ask that you refrain from name calling or any other sort of behavior that may draw the ire of your fellow posters. Thank you for your understanding.

If you wish to recreate the topic in such a way that encourages civil discussion regarding why some players have criticism to offer, by all means do so.