Elder Scrolls Online

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Anyone played? If so whatcha think? Do you like it?
It cratered my friend's hard drive from the CD install bug. It's like wow with aiming, so if you think the player base on wow can barely play add aiming at mobs into the mix. It looks nice though. I think SWTOR was a better temporary time killer however.
It would be forgettable and bland, but it's so thoroughly broken that it's awful instead.
Beta was dull, Reviews are not good.
ArcheAge>>>>
I enjoy ESO, but it's a bit buggy right now so I would hold off on buying it for another month or so.
04/15/2014 08:31 AMPosted by Gunstarr
Beta was dull, Reviews are not good.
Dat 68% from PCGamer.

Good use of $200 million to be sure.

04/15/2014 08:32 AMPosted by Eranos
I enjoy ESO, but it's a bit buggy right now so I would hold off on buying it for another month or so.
A quarter of the skills don't work properly and quests mandatory to access endgame content have been broken for over a week. It's more than a bit buggy.
04/15/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Darstine
I can't just understand how developing a game, or any other software, can cost $200 million.
04/15/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Banknorris
I can't just understand how developing a game, or any other software, can cost $200 million.
Most of it was spent on voice acting. The majority of the voice acting in ESO is awful, btw.
A quarter of the skills don't work properly and quests mandatory to access endgame content have been broken for over a week. It's more than a bit buggy.

Its obvious you're a bit biased on the matter, so raging harder against it just defeats your intent.
I play it ...

but I am a huge fan of the series so I love it.

Cant compare it to wow and I wont they are two totally different games and play styles. I happen to like both.

I will say this : If you try eso play with a friend or group. It makes a world of difference. The set up of spells to feed off each other in the group and the dynamic is truly fun and amazing . I love that the trinity is an option but not a requirement ... ( but for those that love the trinity it still can be played that way too)..

*Playing a battle mage ( sorc in armor mix heavy to med) with two hander and healing staff in off spec in case I need to heal group on the fly.

I also play a Templar much like a paly and use him as tank healer for groups that cant live with out that holy trinity.
the only time I found it to be buggy was when I tried to play it on my laptop and my processor wasn't quite fast enough. Put it on my new gaming desktop, and no problems

However, I will say that It pales in comparison to WoW, and there are many aspects of the game that I would have designed differently, but overall it's a good time killer when WoW is down or you're feeling a little burned out.
04/15/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Temptations
If you try eso play with a friend or group.

This is very true. Playing off each other and using set ups and enhancements is a lot of fun.
Played the beta twice, actually liked it a lot. Very tempted to buy it after watching towelliee play it... Just because as it is right now, WoW is so very boring.. I send 90% of my time logged in AFK in shrine... seriously.
I got it at launch and played for about a week before unsubbing and haven't logged in since.

I have a few beefs with it, like not being able to group up for a lot of quests...it seems pretty dumb to pay a sub fee for what is essentially a single player game. I'm sure that will change at end-game, but that's a loooooong way away and I'm not paying to get there by myself.

Also the menus and interface are pretty clumsy and convoluted. The crafting system is just ridiculously over-complicated and I have a feeling it's going to be required to have all of them at max level by the time you make it to 50 in order to be competitive, something that I have absolutely zero interest in doing.

The game requires a much more tricked-out PC rig than the system requirements would have you believe. If you want to run this game without it looking like Goldeneye, you're going to need some serious hardware to stay above even 30-40 fps in dungeons.

Those complaints aside, though I think it's a pretty solid title. It starts off rather dull, but ramps up along the way. It's an above-average MMO all things considered, but it's just not what I'm looking for right now.

I will say this though, it will make one helluva console game. I wish I had waited for the console release instead of jumping at it right out of the gate on PC.
The loot system for dungeons in ESO is a troll's paradise.

That's all I really remember about the game, it was pretty mediocre.
not really interested in it.. and even if I was I simply do not have the computer that would allow me to fully enjoy it. So it is not something that I will be getting into til I can get a new system
04/15/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Mogles
not really interested in it.. and even if I was I simply do not have the computer that would allow me to fully enjoy it. So it is not something that I will be getting into til I can get a new system
It has some weird CPU hitching issues that basically render it unplayable in Cyrodiil, good PC or no.
Very buggy and rough around the edges