First Name High General Turalyon

Story Forum
So, just wondering, Mr. Blizzard, sir, but could I have some more name please?

I know he's lost in some sort of timey wimey vortex majigger, but can we please know the full name of a pretty significant character who would probably not have kept his name a secret?

No, sir, please! Don't put me in the closest! My name isn't Oliver!

Noooooooooooooo!

Edit: for those who do not get my humor I am just asking what Turalyon's full name is.
Bob. Bob Turalyon.

Or, if you prefer, Robert Turalyon.
I kind of assumed Turalyon was his first name.
Thaddeus Aloysius Turalyon
No Idea, Ill say Turalyon RandomHumanPaladin
I like to think his name is Samson; it has a nice ring to it.

But, uh, given the Biblical context behind the name, it might not be suitable.

Turalyon by itself is fine. It sounds brave and leonine.

P.S. Thread title got my hopes up that we finally knew his first name :(
04/15/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Darstine

Turalyon Windrunner.
Wait. What is his full name?

There was an entire book about him, and it wasn't mentioned once?
04/15/2014 11:39 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
04/15/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Darstine

Turalyon Windrunner.

This.
04/15/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Veloran
Wait. What is his full name?

There was an entire book about him, and it wasn't mentioned once?

As far as I am aware, this is the case.
Waldo
That's actually pretty odd. Now that I think of it, Uther doesn't have one either.
04/15/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Vicara
That's actually pretty odd. Now that I think of it, Uther doesn't have one either.

Yes he dies. Uther Lightbringer.
04/15/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Drallín
04/15/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Vicara

I believe this is correct, the name is Uther Lightbringer but they slapped THE in the middle of it as a title.

No way of knowing what Turalyon's real name is, I guess he is like Madonna or Seal.
No, the Lightbringer is his title as far as I know. He is also apparently without a full name.

Uther the Lightbringer.is a title, not a name. Tides of Darkness is when he is given that title, the novel is the newer canon version telling of the second war.

“And I thank you, Uther the Lightbringer,” Turalyon replied, and he saw the older Paladin’s eyes widen at the new title. “For so shall you be known henceforth, in honor of the Holy Light you brought us this day.” Uther bowed, clearly pleased, then turned without another word and walked back toward the other knights of the Silver Hand, no doubt to tell them their marching orders.

In the novel Lightbringer is never mentioned before this anytime he shows up. He's also surprised by this new name when he is given it (Pluswho gives someone their last name as a title?). Perhaps it was his last name in W2 the game but since then they've changed it to being his title. Meaning now he lacks a last name.
04/15/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Vicara

Uther the Lightbringer.is a title, not a name. Tides of Darkness is when he is given that title, the novel is the newer canon version telling of the second war.

“And I thank you, Uther the Lightbringer,” Turalyon replied, and he saw the older Paladin’s eyes widen at the new title. “For so shall you be known henceforth, in honor of the Holy Light you brought us this day.” Uther bowed, clearly pleased, then turned without another word and walked back toward the other knights of the Silver Hand, no doubt to tell them their marching orders.

In the novel Lightbringer is never mentioned before this anytime he shows up. He's also surprised by this new name when he is given it (Pluswho gives someone their last name as a title?). Perhaps it was his last name in W2 the game but since then they've changed it to being his title. Meaning now he lacks a last name.

I think I've seen him labelled as Uther Lightbringer before, as well as the Lightbringer.
04/15/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Drallín
I think I've seen him labelled as Uther Lightbringer before, as well as the Lightbringer.

Mislabeled as Uther Lightbringer*
Well what if his last name was Lucifer and they just literally translated it
Pretty sure Turalyon is his first name since everyone calls him that, even his wife.

His last name is unknown though. For the longest time people thought he was Turalyon Mograine, before Darion was introduced, because of the old (and now non-canon) event in SM where Fairbanks said the youngest Mograine could be found in Outland.