Enhancement fight in Ghost Wolf form?

Shaman
Would it be probable that Blizzard could make a Minor Glyph to let Enhancement Shamans perform melee combat while in Ghost Wolf form?

Basically like Feral Druids fighting in cat form.

I think it'd be really neat to see, especially while me mutts are summoned and fightin' with meh! :)
You will see Shaman tanks before you see that.
I wouldn't want that, i'm not a druid. At least you suggest it as a glyph so it's optional.
I think all our specs should do everything in ghost wolf and out of ghost wolf you cant cast or attack anything because you arent powerful as a none ghost wolf.
As long as they change the model to look as good as the new wolf mounts.
no they should give us the old worg model that looked like it had hip joint issues!
I personally like wolfing up to someone and popping out with a shock or SS.

You can auto-attack in wolf form, that's enough I think.
Or if they make it a minor glyph where when you summon your wolves that you'll be able to fight in wolf form for a short period of time while your spirit wolves are active then once the duration is up you go back to normal.
04/23/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Volkar
I wouldn't want that, i'm not a druid. At least you suggest it as a glyph so it's optional.

You're correct in that you are not a Druid, thus you'd not be fighting in Cat Form!

Instead, you'd be in Ghost Wolf Form, which is specific to Shamans only! :-)
04/22/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Lillyhåmmer

Why do you say this?

Has Blizzard hinted at such a thing?

I think it'd be much easier and logical to let Enh. Shaman' fight in Ghost Wolf form, than to implement all new abilities, graphics, names, etc. for Shaman tanking... don't you?
Though this is an ancient post, since then they've changed talents and stuff vigorously, and now we have a ghost wolf talent that makes us a bit beefier, and increases movement speed by so much, stacking 4 times (5%x4=20%).

Now I feel that that talent needs to be buffed a bit (as currently, Earth shield is ruling over that vigorously). And my thoughts is to allow us (while talented in Ghost Wolf buff) to be a continuous ghost wolf, only leaving ghost wolf to use Healing Surge or Ascendance! Would make us closer to a Melee Boomkin than a Cat (as cat's have their own abilities associated to them, and in either case we can still be Polymorphed), but that it's a "choice of talent" instead of a overall Ghost wolf spec).
04/23/2014 10:34 PMPosted by Zormozitaz
04/22/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Lillyhåmmer

Why do you say this?

Has Blizzard hinted at such a thing?

I think it'd be much easier and logical to let Enh. Shaman' fight in Ghost Wolf form, than to implement all new abilities, graphics, names, etc. for Shaman tanking... don't you?

The original idea behind Enhancement shaman was to be a mail tank. They gave up on the concept prior to BC.
With talents, you could have passive 160% speed, and 20% damage reduction. Glyphs are purely cosmetic, but this would be spec altering.
Not as much as you'd think Klowdy.

Basically if you look at the talents as they are there are 3 types: 1- Melee caster (Ascendance/Spikes/overcharge/Fury of air, 2- Totem Mastery (Itself, Wind Totem, Static Charge, and 3- Wolfman (Spirit, Elemental spirit/Lunge). This would only encourage the wolf side of things. Hell even if it's on a timer would be cool, like Ascendance is and totems are. After the timer, any ability used throws you back into normal (on a 1 min cd maybe- 25s duration). Totems:buffs, Ascendance: you're offensive push, Spirit Wolf: your off-tank frenzy- like cat druids with bear talent-just not as strong. May alter things a bit but would feel more like a versatile Shaman. I do agree though that Glyphs are Cos and should pretty much stay that way. Reason in my post I spoke about buffing the talent, not add a glyph.
I'd rather see a speed buff in ghost wolf
I don't know...a 1% increase to either general ghost wolf speed or talent ghost wolf won't make too much a difference (24% instead of 20% at max) or 31% from 30% (161 or 164 respectively)...If we be lucky to get that. My idea trumps that by a good margin and would benefit us more for it...especially in pvp survivability and quickness together.
11/01/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Urthog
I'd rather see a speed buff in ghost wolf

Kind of like the old ashran buff would be awesome!
Use the body swap crystal on someone while in ghost wolf then use it on them again and you can fight in the form. I once swapped my whole raid to raptors on a last attempt, and the boss finally fell to the might of raptor jesus.
Secondary thought on Ghost Wolf....

If you have Azerite 3rd tier "Pack Spirit" my 370 gear heals for 2k/s or the following:

2k per gear per second (haste maters). So assuming 3 items....
At 16% haste in GW you heal 6k per .9 sec
At 18% haste in GW you heal 6k per .8 sec
With Reorigination Array in raid I start at 25ish% haste.. or 6k per .7 sec.

There seems to be a diminishing after 18/19% I am not sure on the cut off for the .7 count on heals. During lust if I go +40% haste its still .7.... Its A REALLY strong 3rd tier if planned to use.