Regarding block value when Prot Speced

Paladin
I recenetly started playing my paladin after the cataclyms patches and spec'd prot. my question is to why my block chance is 5%? Is this supposed to be? I feel like i get hit so hard b/c i don't block anything.. then holy shield increases my block dmg...whats the point if i barely block?
Need some feedback please, thanks
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76671

Of course you don't get that til 80. Welcome to Cataclysm!
I have a lvl 70 twink paladin I keep for doing old BC raids, and i also see no way to get above 5% shield block chance. Before theses changes my Paladins survival was outstanding, but now its lack luster. I'm suprised Blizz would make a change that would pretty much destroy the use of a shield for a paladin pre lvl 80. Thats a large portion of leveling up. I know Blizz is only worried about balance and mechanics at lvl 85 but still. lvling now as a prot pally must be horrible, your bread and butter avoidance capability hardly exists till lvl 80.
Leveling up pre-85 was godly...Word of Glory is a ridiculous heal before it starts to drop off with scaling. Use it.
12/22/2010 8:02 AMPosted by Offshoot
I have a lvl 70 twink paladin I keep for doing old BC raids, and i also see no way to get above 5% shield block chance. Before theses changes my Paladins survival was outstanding, but now its lack luster. I'm suprised Blizz would make a change that would pretty much destroy the use of a shield for a paladin pre lvl 80. Thats a large portion of leveling up. I know Blizz is only worried about balance and mechanics at lvl 85 but still. lvling now as a prot pally must be horrible, your bread and butter avoidance capability hardly exists till lvl 80.

Oh no, things aren't balanced at level 70! The sky is falling!