Gift Pre-Order of Cata?

Customer Support
A friend of mine and guildmate is going to wait to purchase Cata until the new year since he has been our of work for a while and wants to save money for Christmas for his son. I want to help him in his one guilty pleasure, WoW. LOL. Is is possible to Gift a pre-order of Cataclysm so he can play Cata when it comes out? Or would it be better to just purchase a copy on launch day and email him the key as a Christmas Gift?
I was wondering if this could be done as well.
Hopes someone answers this, cause I want to know too.
Both sounds like it would work . You can gift or email the key.
I see no where on the screens where I could gift Cata. I have looked.
I don't think you can do it threw the blizzard store. You might have to buy it and send him the key.
You cannot gift the pre-order.

Once the release goes up on the normal Blizzard store on Tuesday, you'll be able to gift that.
Can the pre-order for the fall expansion be gifted to another active player?
03/17/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Vesperlynn

No. And please don't resurrect threads from 4 years ago that aren't related to your issue.
03/17/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Vesperlynn

Not currently through a digital upgrade. Traditionally it usually will not be an option for a few months after the expansion has been released. I'm not sure if that will continue to work that way.

This thread is a bit old so I'm going to lock it up. Sorry I don't have a better option for you, Vesperlynn.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.