Human Racial...again

Arenas
I plan to be heavily involved in arena in cataclysm, which unfortunately means I am taking the Every Man for Himself (EMFH) nerf very seriously. I have no problems paying $15 a month for WoW, but I feel like Blizzard is taxing the hardcore PVPers by 'tweaking' racial abilities, and almost forcing us to purchase a way overpriced race change.

Can Blizzard inform the community better for what their plans/ideas are?

IMO they should eliminate the ripoff race change charge (which, lets be honest, is all automated anyway) OR they should be much more informative...Perhaps posting their ideas before MMO-champion has hardcore evidence its coming out?

Agree? Blue post hopefully? Has Blizzard already done this, and I missed it in the past hour of researching it?

Thanks
People were complaining about EMFH for atleast several seasons now up until the nerf. You should have seen that a nerf was coming, regardless if they did or did not say anything about a nerf to the racial =/

And yes, they did have the nerf listed when the change was on the PTR
I saw the nerf coming, sure. I suppose I want them to follow up and say "after testing we now believe this is fair and we currently have no plans of changing it."

12/06/2010 9:56 AMPosted by Truewann
12/06/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Erica
People were complaining about EMFH for atleast several seasons now up until the nerf. You should have seen that a nerf was coming, regardless if they did or did not say anything about a nerf to the racial =/

The problem with that is EMFH has been around for 6 years, no one saw a nerf coming.

I really do not understand blizzards changes to this racial, but yes it is making myself reconsider changing my rogue to a night elf or Worgen. I am going to try and make it work, we'll see how viable double trinkets are now because of the resil buff.

Every man for himself has most certainly NOT been around for 6 years.

Look at it this way OP - less humies. Your race is more unique and you don't need silly race-abilities to be a good player!
The problem with that is EMFH has been around for 6 years, no one saw a nerf coming.

Incorrect. Original Human racial was Perception before it was changed to Every Man For Himself.
12/06/2010 10:33 AMPosted by Caricature
12/06/2010 9:56 AMPosted by Truewann
[quote="12518736559"]People were complaining about EMFH for atleast several seasons now up until the nerf. You should have seen that a nerf was coming, regardless if they did or did not say anything about a nerf to the racial =/

I really do not understand blizzards changes to this racial, but yes it is making myself reconsider changing my rogue to a night elf or Worgen. I am going to try and make it work, we'll see how viable double trinkets are now because of the resil buff.

Look at it this way OP - less humies. Your race is more unique and you don't need silly race-abilities to be a good player![/quote]

Of course you don't need EMFH to be a good player, but you do need useful racial abilities to be successful. In top arena brackets, the difference between winning and losing may just be the racial abilities, and when your supposed ability is 100% useless it sucks.
12/06/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Drakell
12/06/2010 10:33 AMPosted by Caricature
[quote="12532335408"][quote="12518736559"]People were complaining about EMFH for atleast several seasons now up until the nerf. You should have seen that a nerf was coming, regardless if they did or did not say anything about a nerf to the racial =/

Look at it this way OP - less humies. Your race is more unique and you don't need silly race-abilities to be a good player![/quote]

Of course you don't need EMFH to be a good player, but you do need useful racial abilities to be successful. In top arena brackets, the difference between winning and losing may just be the racial abilities, and when your supposed ability is 100% useless it sucks.

No offense but the brackets you are referring to are far and away beyond your ability. Even in the top 10 of each battlegroup, you STILL don't need these racials and if you insist on blaming them for being stuck below 2000 you're just both a terrible player and a liar.
12/06/2010 10:56 AMPosted by Caricature
12/06/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Drakell
[quote="12532336021"][quote="12532335408"][quote="12518736559"]People were complaining about EMFH for atleast several seasons now up until the nerf. You should have seen that a nerf was coming, regardless if they did or did not say anything about a nerf to the racial =/

No offense but the brackets you are referring to are far and away beyond your ability. Even in the top 10 of each battlegroup, you STILL don't need these racials and if you insist on blaming them for being stuck below 2000 you're just both a terrible player and a liar.[/quote]

LOL. That's rich. I shouldn't have posted on my dk my mistake. This is my PvE hero. But good job flaming me thinking you know anything about my pvp capability. I hope that mage isn't your main... 2100?.... Anyways, this just proves you don't know what you are talking about. The fact of the matter is any racial is better than none, but I guess you missed that while you were busy looking up my DKs arena statistics. LOL!
IMO the reason behind the nerf is because of how the racial scales with gear. In BC being able to wear a 2nd trinket with minimal stats wasnt good at all, in the end of WOTLK when all the extremely powerful pve trinkets started being used it became an issue that they could use 2 trinkets while everyone else was forced to use a pvp trinket with much less valueable stats. Now in cataclysm im sure the trinkets are going to be rediculously strong, so being able to wear 2 of them would be undeniably OP compared to other racials.
12/06/2010 11:12 AMPosted by Affyoulol
IMO the reason behind the nerf is because of how the racial scales with gear. In BC being able to wear a 2nd trinket with minimal stats wasnt good at all, in the end of WOTLK when all the extremely powerful pve trinkets started being used it became an issue that they could use 2 trinkets while everyone else was forced to use a pvp trinket with much less valueable stats. Now in cataclysm im sure the trinkets are going to be rediculously strong, so being able to wear 2 of them would be undeniably OP compared to other racials.

Yeah I agree with you here, but personally instead of having the CD increase by 1 min I would much rather just have the racial completely scrapped and replaced with something else that would be beneficial to pvp.
I just want Blizzard to be more informative on how they feel about recent changes. Changes like these have been implemented, and fixed within weeks after PTR's go live. I'd hate to go gnome and in 1 month have humans have a change to be on-par with other races.

This applies to all aspects of the game. It would be very nice if Blizzard was just more transparent in their ideas/opinions.

Human racial was op but 90% of gladiators were horde....makes perfect sense.
12/06/2010 2:06 PMPosted by Dragoo
Human racial was op but 90% of gladiators were horde....makes perfect sense.
And you found this statistic where? :P link it and I'll shut up.
Knew the nerf was coming. Every other racial is "meh" in comparison to a racial trinket.

You think undead didn't cry when Will of the Forsaken got nerfed? Hell, your racial even does what ours does.

Humans need to stop whining and be happy it only had it's cooldown increased.

USE A TRINKET
12/06/2010 4:35 PMPosted by Hakusan
Knew the nerf was coming. Every other racial is "meh" in comparison to a racial trinket.

You think undead didn't cry when Will of the Forsaken got nerfed? Hell, your racial even does what ours does.

Humans need to stop whining and be happy it only had it's cooldown increased.

USE A TRINKET

Yes, for the most part our racial does do what yours does, but it doesn't have the same cooldown effect. It doesn't share a 45 sec cooldown with similar effects, it shares an entire cooldown. Making it completely useless.
12/06/2010 9:23 AMPosted by Kornbred
I plan to be heavily involved in arena in cataclysm, which unfortunately means I am taking the Every Man for Himself (EMFH) nerf very seriously. I have no problems paying $15 a month for WoW, but I feel like Blizzard is taxing the hardcore PVPers by 'tweaking' racial abilities, and almost forcing us to purchase a way overpriced race change.

Can Blizzard inform the community better for what their plans/ideas are?

IMO they should eliminate the ripoff race change charge (which, lets be honest, is all automated anyway) OR they should be much more informative...Perhaps posting their ideas before MMO-champion has hardcore evidence its coming out?

Agree? Blue post hopefully? Has Blizzard already done this, and I missed it in the past hour of researching it?

Thanks

Change to worgen, enjoy overpowered melee racials, and stop crying?