Our "nerf"

Paladin
I play a DK and a Pally and I just wanted to say, I have had more fun with my pally in 4.0 than I have ever had. I leveled him to 80 because I wanted a shield tank and he sat after that because the play style of Ret and Prot bored me. Nothing came close to how I loved my DK. Now though, I am desperately trying to keep my DK my main, but I can't stay off my Pally!

As for the Warlock I have had since Vanilla and the Druid I have had since BC? They aren't getting much love. =(
12/10/2010 9:46 AMPosted by Vathrellin
I play a DK and a Pally and I just wanted to say, I have had more fun with my pally in 4.0 than I have ever had. I leveled him to 80 because I wanted a shield tank and he sat after that because the play style of Ret and Prot bored me. Nothing came close to how I loved my DK. Now though, I am desperately trying to keep my DK my main, but I can't stay off my Pally!

As for the Warlock I have had since Vanilla and the Druid I have had since BC? They aren't getting much love. =(

What exactly do you like about your ret pally over your dk? I have pretty much the exact opposite experience. Playing my ret pally is depressing and not very fun while playing my DK is fun. I guess I just don't like the holy rogue concept they seem to be pushing.

My druid is the only character where I'm happy with all specs although the DK is fairly close.
I think my only complaint is our flow for battle isnt like other classes, I play a DK hunter priest and this paladin. I like how we have alot of bag of tricks to work with and almost a trick for any situation presented to us as a ret paladin and I dont mind taking a hit in dps for it. However the stop gaps between casting is kinda bothersome I want to be pressing a button to set up my next move always if I am waiting for a proc I feel that time needs to be filled to separate the top tier player from a regular player... Anyone else feel that or am I by myself on this one =P ?

Furthermore pre nerf I also felt like our flow wasn't up to par of other classes because if AoW didn't proc we had to wait for something in between our main 3 abilities. I like the concept of HP but I dont think Divine Storm and CS should share CD's it would be nice if they separated them and kept the HP concept.
My first main in BC was a pally. My ret pally was so bad in raids etc, I created a mage to run in 5 mans and raids and used the pally farming, and crafting. I was starting to use my pally in raids and 5 mans more often but now my ret pally will be back to strictly farming and crafting for my mage. Maybe some day my ret pally will be valuable in 5 mans and raids again. The nerf bat was bound to swing against ret Pallys eventually.