Thunderfury in under 2 Hours

General Discussion
05/05/2014 01:06 AMPosted by Choplifter
You should see how many people claim to have played classic. When you point out their oldest achievements are from 2009 (well after the mid October 2008 start date of achievements) they then claim that its a new account and they dont have access to their old account.

Except there actually are some people who are telling the truth when they say that. :P
05/04/2014 10:17 PMPosted by Merriwink
Just checked your guild history and you're lying.

To anyone who wants proof, go to his guild history and you will see that he only looted the left half of the bindings during molten core. He already had the right bindings.

Why would you come to the forums to lie?

You should see how many people claim to have played classic. When you point out their oldest achievements are from 2009 (well after the mid October 2008 start date of achievements) they then claim that its a new account and they dont have access to their old account.

Of course in 99.999999% cases they also claim that classic sucked and that WotLK is the best ever.

Yeah I agree with you, except I myself did play classic extensively but no longer have that account. I think that happens with a lot of people from vanilla. It was going on 10 years ago. A lot of us quit and come back so many times. This is my fourth account. I got rid of my first account mid way through BC cause I was convinced I was addicted to the game and it was ruining my life.

So, actually, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say they played classic but are on a new account. It's more common than you think.
05/05/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Merriwink

Of course in 99.999999% cases they also claim that classic sucked and that WotLK is the best ever.

Yeah I agree with you, except I myself did play classic extensively but no longer have that account. I think that happens with a lot of people from vanilla. It was going on 10 years ago. A lot of us quit and come back so many times. This is my fourth account. I got rid of my first account mid way through BC cause I was convinced I was addicted to the game and it was ruining my life.

So, actually, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they say they played classic but are on a new account. It's more common than you think.

Agreed.
05/05/2014 01:07 AMPosted by Devul
05/05/2014 12:55 AMPosted by Lauren
@Devul lol somebody has a little trouble reading huh? Nobody said he didn't have it, he claimed to have "got it in under 2 hours" and he was lying. That was the "nerds'" point.
Also why did you feel the need to throw in your little xmog statement haha grats on having heroic loot, people who brag about their gear have very sad lives.

Firstly; he got it. That's all I'm saying. I could really care less about whether he got it in under two hours or not (I spent forever and a day in Silithus farming acane crystals on my monk for hers, because I got the first binding off Geddon at 60 odd, and was too stubborn to buy any >_>)

What's annoying me, is the fact that people are DELIBERATELY nit picking at him. Who gives a crap; yes he/she made a thread, yes he/she lied. All people have to say is Congrats on Thunderfury, and move on.

There is little to no reason to knock someone down like you all are, because they're "bragging" about having got it in two hours. It annoys me people stoop to that level.

Secondly; The reason I made that statement was beeeeecause the armoury hasn't updated, and it's also taking a while for GUILD armories to update? I wasn't "bragging" about anything, I was just saying that the armoury is taking forever to update, and made a statement as to why I believe it to be true - because I've been mogged into H T16 for five odd days, and it still hasn't changed from this ._.

I love how me enjoying a pretty nice xmog, makes me "have a very sad life"

Also, the nerd comment was a little inside joke, I call everyone nerds >_>

But... I did like WotLK ;~;

Wow, you're so afraid to admit you're wrong that you are now completely playing devil's advocate, defending someone for lying on forums, and blaming everyone else.

I think this is the last time I'm responding to you. Just goes to show that just because someone can clear heroic content and can admit when they are wrong during progression doesn't mean they can admit when they are wrong in real life.

/ignore
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just because you take a break and come back doesn't mean you have to get a new account. I only played Catacylsm for a total of 3-4 months because it was god awful. Came back with the same account.

I'm not admitting to what I did with that account in order to protect myself, but unfortunately I made it where I cannot get it back. Can you guess what I did? Is pretty obvious, I would think.

As for my 2nd account: banned. My fault I knew what I was doing.
3rd account: once again, let's just say I cannot get that account back. I can, but I won't.
4th account: current account
05/05/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Merriwink

+1, I am also one of you. I started the game when I was around 9 years old, and sometime in middle school my parents banned me from playing. I came back a couple years ago, and I had completely lost all my info.

10 years is a long time, and someone being able to keep the same account the entire time is impressive. I definitely believe most people when they say they played in Vanilla and don't have account info to back it up, because I'm clearly one of them.

Also, I find that most people who claimed to have played classic but really haven't like to say it was the best game ever. It was good in its own respect, but nothing compared to what we have now.

edit: oops, sorry, totally messed up the quote format.
05/04/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Scimonte
So about 2 and a half hours ago, I decided I wanted Thunderfury. I ran Molten Core, got both Bindings, and did the rest of the Quest, buying the Enchanted Elementium Bars for 20k. I did this all within 2 Hours.

Has anyone else gotten Thunderfury in under 2~ Hours? I hope I was just lucky and that the bindings are not just 100% DR now...Making Legendaries this easy would be disappointing.

SSOIDH.
05/05/2014 01:21 AMPosted by Choplifter

Just because you take a break and come back doesn't mean you have to get a new account. I only played Catacylsm for a total of 3-4 months because it was god awful. Came back with the same account.

There are various reasons people have little to no choice but to start a new account. After the game being out for almost a decade, not everyone has their original account. I don't. *shrug*

I don't feel I need to prove I played in Vanilla. To me, it's just a game. The people I choose to interact with are faceless, nameless words on a page (sounds insulting, but I don't mean for it to!).

I'm sure there are lots of people out there who feel they must prove they are a Vanilla Vet, and regurgitate things they've seen others say about each expansion, but not everyone is like that.

I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even when they might be trolls.
05/04/2014 10:17 PMPosted by Merriwink
Just checked your guild history and you're lying.

To anyone who wants proof, go to his guild history and you will see that he only looted the left half of the bindings during molten core. He already had the right bindings.

Why would you come to the forums to lie?

I like you Warlock I can not say classic sucked but Wrath ripped it a new one that is for sure. Who can deny after playing in classic that killing The Lich King was not the best thing ever!
So about 2 and a half hours ago, I decided I wanted Thunderfury. I ran Molten Core, got both Bindings,

05/04/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Scimonte
What I meant was the total time it took was under two hours. I DID get the other binding a week or two ago,

You were purposely misleading in your first post OP. You did not get both bindings in teh same run. They were weeks apart, so it took you weeks to get thunderfury. It doesn't matter how much time you spent in the actual dungeon.
05/05/2014 01:58 AMPosted by Maybeline
So about 2 and a half hours ago, I decided I wanted Thunderfury. I ran Molten Core, got both Bindings,

05/04/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Scimonte
What I meant was the total time it took was under two hours. I DID get the other binding a week or two ago,

You were purposely misleading in your first post OP. You did not get both bindings in teh same run. They were weeks apart, so it took you weeks to get thunderfury. It doesn't matter how much time you spent in the actual dungeon.

I am flabberghasted that a girl with bazooka's that size of yours can keep them stealthed!
so many upset noobs
so many nerds that post on alts ^^^ lel
Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

I don't know who you are

but I will find you

and I will kill you
05/05/2014 01:12 AMPosted by Merriwink
05/05/2014 12:51 AMPosted by Lauren
Nah you're definitely lying. "I decided I wanted Thunderfury, ran Molten Core GOT BOTH BINDINGS, and did the rest of the quest all in under 2 hours." Now, let's also point out that you said "Has anyone else got it in under 2 hours? I hope the drop rate isn't 100%" If you had run MC and not *hypothetically* looted both bindings in 1 lockout, you would have known it wasn't 100% drop rate, and would not have said that. You said that to rub in your little statement about getting everything needed in under 2 hours. You got caught in a lie and it is pretty obvious, nobody comes to the forums and makes a post that says "Hey I got 1 thunderfury binding a while ago, then I ran MC and within 2 hours of that MC run I had thunderfury". Really funny how that guy called you out though props to the gnome up there hahahahahaha

Haha what can I say, gnomes are trained to sniff out liars from the day they are born :) Glad you enjoyed my social justice!

Gnomes, man. One day they'll rise up and take their rightful place as rulers of Azeroth :) Got a kick out of both of your posts, gg.
On the other hand, I actually got both bindings on one run a little while ago.

Getting all the mats was harder as I had to make them, basically, since noone was selling the crafted bars until I was almost done.