General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Our topic was just capped again.

To those that would like to catch up, the original topic can be found here

To Fly or Not to Fly 1 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673658420?page=1

To Fly or Not to Fly 2 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673849155?page=1

Please let's try to keep the conversation going in a civil way!

A source some might not have seen before

Kris Zierhut, Lead Class Designer for WoD speaking at PAX East; transcript at http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/pax-east-2014-warlords-of-draenor-blizzplanet-interviews-kris-zierhut-steve-burke
05/12/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Sacrolash
Just a random thought...I could see there being a lot more rogues in WoD so people can avoid the trash mobs to complete quests since Blizzard wants to keep flying out of WoD. I better get started leveling mine.

*groans* I HATE my rogue... she's a bank toon I dislike playing her so much... no no no nonononoNO!

Ok ... tantrum subsided... there MUST be flight... I just can't play my rogue for longer than it takes to make level cap.
Sadly it seems Blizzard has made up their mind, lets just hope that when they're hemorrhaging subs with this little experiment that they see the error of their ways and reverse it quick. I just wish they would come out and say ok guys 100% 6.1 you get flying back.
Blizz removes a long established feature and states that they don't know if they will ever bother adding it to WoD.

No Flight Club people = happy.

Flight Club people = sad.

They could have compromised and given us a threshold to cross to get flight in main parts of WoD. Such at level cap, 6.1, 500k canceled accounts. Something concrete to work with. Something at all.

They should have just stuck to their model of newest parts don't get flight because it is so much fun walking around them and walking and running and walking some more.

Their current plan strikes me as a great way to make everyone unhappy.
05/12/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
Their current plan strikes me as a great way to make everyone unhappy.

Well at least they're currently succeeding at that.
05/12/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Sacrolash
I wonder how many subs they'll lose before WoD launch just because we cannot get a straight answer directly from them on these forums. All we have is old statements that contradict each other and can only guess by Bash's post that "probably not" is what we have.
suppose it's better if they let their comments stir the nest so they can see if what they are doing is worth it or not.

Truth be told i personally don't care which mount i use since i have a favorite for both sides and areas that do stunt flying i still enjoy my ground mounts while i equally enjoy flying BUUUTTTTT i don't see people having the same mindset as myself nor expect as such. This is a stupid game of hide behind the curtains that is probably going to hurt more then anything else. People instinctively hate something being given to them just to have it forcefully taken away.

I don't see this method of theirs being effective. Just saying take a kid's toy away and making them cry for your own reasons is just asking for trouble if anything just overall ranting from anyone and everyone.
05/12/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Sacrolash
I wonder how many subs they'll lose before WoD launch just because we cannot get a straight answer directly from them on these forums. All we have is old statements that contradict each other and can only guess by Bash's post that "probably not" is what we have.

I can tell you now that their "wait and see" position isn't going to lose them subs. Whatever subs lost as a result of not having flight available at ship will be due to not having flight, not due to them not answering a question about 6.1 or onward.
[quote="126729193826"]

- Every expansion since BC had 5 mans and 5 man meta achievements that awarded flying mounts.

you mean wrath since bc has no 5 man meta achievement for raids or 5 mans. yes it had 1 or 2 raid drop mounts but that was really bout it. *edit* just remembered achievements were added in wotlk so no way did bc have achievements before wotlk coming out.
Might be having memory fade here.. but wasn't there no flying at the start of BC, Wrath, and MoP until you reach max level?

Why are you guys saying it's a long established feature (as in from start of the expansion) when it is clearly not? Why should we skip content just so we can sit around and moan there isn't enough content?

WoD is going to be a great expansion, this is a tiny issue. I agree it should be opened at max level, but not before. I honestly can't understand what all the tantrums and tears are about right now over it.
05/12/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Téchnofox
Might be having memory fade here.. but wasn't there no flying at the start of BC, Wrath, and MoP until you reach max level?

Why are you guys saying it's a long established feature (as in from start of the expansion) when it is clearly not? Why should we skip content just so we can sit around and moan there isn't enough content?

WoD is going to be a great expansion, this is a tiny issue. I agree it should be opened at max level, but not before. I honestly can't understand what all the tantrums and tears are about right now over it.

People need to just stop trying to tie these issues together, NOBODY has issues with leveling on the ground, they expect to be grounded through the leveling process and get flying back immediately when they hit level cap. Being level 100 and having no flying for months and potentially the entire expansion if we are to believe Blizzards hinting/plans is why people are upset.
So far, there has been zero info per WOD that has me excited for an upcoming expac, a complete contrast for me when looking back at prior expacs. It is disheartening that for the first time I am not like others and eager for an expac.

I am fine with waiting till at or near cap to again fly, even accepting of waiting till a patch but possibly no flying for all future content, a resounding NO THANKS from me.

Immersion, an odd word with a myriad of definitions pending each player but from this player, "IMMERSION" became non existent the minute buyable 90's became available, either the game as a WHOLE is "immersion" worthy or let each player decide for him/herself what is "immersion" worthy to them.

In very poor taste in my opinion, sell an expac featuring a mount that flies BUT not in the content in which it is being sold, couple that with the encouragement to try out Hearthstone, get a Hearthsteed, yet again a mount that flies.

With limited info out and some of that info having been changed from the original info, WOD at least for me is so far, a revamped OL, 10 new levels and content already in game, add into that

the potential for no flight

garrisons, unlike out farms, NOT so optional

changes to vp/jp and very limited dailies, when your alli characters are no longer end gamers, those vp/jp and dailies are a primary means of some progression

"more forced player interaction" tweet per Alex A.
Yeah, I don't know if their decision to deny us flight for perhaps all WoD+ content is coloring my view but there's really nothing they've shown that interests me all that much. I was looking forward to the new models, but really that's no draw when compared to other modern mmo's. They are just bringing them up to current standards. Otherwise it's just garrisons and Timeless Isle style content that relies on us being grounded for any chance of being fun. Stat squishes and ability pruning? Meh. Maybe if they opened up more class/race possibilities it would help, but the content list for WoD seems unimpressive.

Really flight was the one big thing that kept drawing me back from other games. I probably won't be actively playing for at least , what, another 4-5 months? More? If I can't fly, see no hint that I can fly in the future, the chance I stick with another game just gets stronger.
05/12/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Téchnofox

In each of those x-pacs, one could theoretically fly on day #1....and some did. (Wrath was 77 BTW). What they have in mind for WoD is something new.

To the title of the thread....I wish Blizz would grow a spine and answer the question.
05/12/2014 11:25 PMPosted by Solaru
To the title of the thread....I wish Blizz would grow a spine and answer the question.

Exactly.

By keeping us in the dark they are just breeding spite and anger.

Things that do not tend to foster a healthy thriving gaming community.
Gawds, just STOP.

We get it. Blizz gets it.

Blizz will answer or not answer when they feel like it, not because they feel "threatened" or "forced" by some stupid threads.