Just be straight with us.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
04/30/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Solaru
If the devs would grow a spine and come out and tell players what they want the future of flight in the game should be, this all ends.

They have already answered this but people don't like the answer. They want flight gone, they did say that. But, they are willing to wait it out and see if the playerbase will enjoy the content they provide without flight first. It sounds pretty straight forward to me..
04/30/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Jugajr
They want flight gone

They have not said this. They have come short of saying this. They are dancing around it.
Don't like the ambiguity or notion that flying could be removed? Find another game. No player is bound to a contract. Subscriptions can be cancelled.

Oh.my.lord. We may have to run places instead of flying (for a short period of time). Oh, the horror. I wish I wasn't required to play WoW. Wait, I'm not?

There's clarity and then there's entitlement. The entitlement of gamers nowdays is hysterical.
04/30/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Starbourne
That's not true. Blizzard has stated how the experience will be different. Content will continue to upgrade and be relevant for all level 100 players, every single zone, that is very much unlike any previous expansion.

"Even at level 100 there will be no small portions of the game world intended to provide relevant content even to max-level players. These zones may even unlock over the course of the expansion, or the content in them will progress in story and scope throughout content patches."

It sounds just like this expansion with the various isles tacked on at level cap that moved the story along, except without the mechanic of heretofore unknown islands magically appearing out of the mists.
04/30/2014 02:30 PMPosted by Tempchick
If they would confirm this is TRUE, for 6.1, this could ALL END. But they won't.

because they do not know. plain and simple.
04/30/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Dhgwarkey
Oh they know.

They just do not want to make the news big or give a concrete answer, becuase once they take a firm stance, perhaps millions will flee to another MMO that actually cares how the players want to play.

I don't see this happening. This is why these threads are pointless. You guys have your minds made up, doesn't matter what anyone says.
04/30/2014 02:11 PMPosted by Tempchick
It will be the exact same experience as every other expansion, save for Cata, only difference is, you never get flight at level cap. 2 years of new content and never getting to fly in the new content. Sounds thrilling [/sarcasm]

That's not true. Blizzard has stated how the experience will be different. Content will continue to upgrade and be relevant for all level 100 players, every single zone, that is very much unlike any previous expansion.

That would be more compelling if we could actually fly in said content.
04/30/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Tempchick
Content will continue to upgrade and be relevant for all level 100 players, every single zone, that is very much unlike any previous expansion.

Fancy phrase for dailies.

Try reading their statement. Literally, the sentence after that statement, they said they weren't talking about just dailies either
04/30/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Ziryus

That would be more compelling if we could actually fly in said content.

I'd rather have good and satisfying content, not content that can be compromised by flying mounts.

"Hey guys! I just made my way up the mountain and killed so and so and got that achievment, it was awesome!"

"Pshh, that's easy, we all have done that, just fly up there and whack him upside the head."

"I wasn't flying....."

"LOL,,.....ROFL....noob"

Flying must be disabled for everyone in order for it to be viable.
04/30/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Solaru
04/30/2014 02:11 PMPosted by Yoshimo
Due to the players not Blizzard employees.

I think you are confused. If the devs would grow a spine and come out and tell players what they want the future of flight in the game should be, this all ends. Their indecisiveness has lead to this.

You confuse indecisiveness with the practice of trickling out information during the production and testing of a product that has not been publicly released. Also, the playerbase is a cesspool. That has led to this.
04/30/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Jugajr
04/30/2014 02:30 PMPosted by Tempchick
If they would confirm this is TRUE, for 6.1, this could ALL END. But they won't.

because they do not know. plain and simple.

They've made their position fairly clear, the lead designers hate flying and want it gone. What they don't know is how much negative feedback it'll get when it goes live so blizzard is going to use 6.0 as a proof of concept.

And that's why these threads keep coming up since blizzard refuses to take a hard stand one way or the other on the issue.
04/30/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Ziryus
And that's why these threads keep coming up since blizzard refuses to take a hard stand one way or the other on the issue.

Yea, they are allowing players to decide whether they like it or not. I think that is a good approach really.
04/30/2014 01:06 PMPosted by Korolos
Will flight be available at some point in warlords.

Ok, ok, being perfectly honest... we don't know. In the same way we have no idea what the gearing model for the final tier of the expansion could be, because it's going to be based on testing, and playing, and seeing how the expansion plays out up to that point. We're open and willing to change the game as we go to make it the best it can be.

We don't know because we're open to feedback, and making changes based on that feedback.

Our current focus is to get the expansion into a state where you guys can help us start testing it. That testing will inform many, many decisions, and how the game plays when it's launched will inform how the first content patch is designed, and how that patch plays out will inform the second content patch, etc. etc. We'd rather be unsure and make the correct decisions when they need to be made, than make the wrong decisions and be too stubborn to change them.
04/30/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Starbourne
I'd rather have good and satisfying content, not content that can be compromised by flying mounts.

You don't care enough about the questing content, flight or no flight, to complete it going as far back as BC. You do enough to get you into dungeons and do that until you're ready to move into raiding.

You're not going to be doing this level cap questing content for the exact same reason you don't do questing to the fullest now: The rewards from questing content, including this newfangled level cap content, are going to be inferior to rewards from raiding.

If the rewards aren't inferior, the raiders will pitch a fit.

04/30/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Starbourne
"Hey guys! I just made my way up the mountain and killed so and so and got that achievment, it was awesome!"

"Pshh, that's easy, we all have done that, just fly up there and whack him upside the head."

"I wasn't flying....."

"LOL,,.....ROFL....noob"

Flying must be disabled for everyone in order for it to be viable.

Or maybe you just need better friends who don't find amusement in crapping on your enthusiasm.
04/30/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Bashiok
04/30/2014 01:06 PMPosted by Korolos
Will flight be available at some point in warlords.

Ok, ok, being perfectly honest... we don't know. In the same way we have no idea what the gearing model for the final tier of the expansion could be, because it's going to be based on testing, and playing, and seeing how the expansion plays out up to that point. We're open and willing to change the game as we go to make it the best it can be.

We don't know because we're open to feedback, and making changes based on that feedback.

Our current focus is to get the expansion into a state where you guys can help us start testing it. That testing will inform many, many decisions, and how the game plays when it's launched will inform how the first content patch is designed, and how that patch plays out will inform the second content patch, etc. etc. We'd rather be unsure and make the correct decisions when they need to be made, than make the wrong decisions and be too stubborn to change them.

Thank you. Much better than your last post and it at least gives hope those of us who enjoy flight have a chance to save it.