I am senpai

General Discussion
05/05/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Magnata
Someone who has been anywhere longer than another. A kōhai is a person of lesser seniority. It is sort of an unspoken social contract that it is the responsibility of a senpai to show a kōhai the ropes... train and educate the newcomer. The kōhai is sort of the trainee that learns their job from their senior.

This thread is like one of my Japanese Animes.
05/05/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Zhani
Senpai, please notice Zhani-chan.

Which character Alliance, Horde, or neutral would you want to be noticed by and for what reason; impressive feats of strength, amassing incredible wealth, saving the world...of Azeroth?
05/05/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Rygarius
Think you got me confused with Crithto.
rofl
Oh yea! Be great if we could do that; play frisbee with Crithto.
05/05/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Rygarius
Greetings, and keep on adventuring!

Senpai noticed me!
05/05/2014 06:08 PMPosted by Rygarius

Which character Alliance, Horde, or neutral would you want to be noticed by and for what reason; impressive feats of strength, amassing incredible wealth, saving the world...of Azeroth?

Senpai pls I made you give me the time once on twitter!!! NOTICE ME!!!
I'm a walking, talking corpse with a Ph.D in Restorative Arts.

Grovel, ye pitiful damage-dealers!
05/05/2014 06:08 PMPosted by Rygarius

Zhani-chan wants to be noticed by every Senpai in Azeroth and beyond! Senpai must also be able to carry me around like a princess and to play with my like one of Senpai's french girls.
I keep telling my guildies to call me Kergane or if they must, Kerg-chan... but they keep calling me Kergane-sama.

What should I do about this Rygarius-senpai?
05/05/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Thaudur

Well, restore the Athenian Temple to its former glory.
Do not notice this post.
Um, I just hope a cute Pandaren lady notices me today...

And I'm not a worgen!
I am the Walrus

goo goo ker-choo
A senpai and kohai are a team, an elder man or officer instructing and guiding the younger one. A mentor, a teacher...and usually in time, a close friend.

I was what you could call kohai once, my "senpai" was a gifted, kind and extraordinary man.
05/05/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Marilly
05/05/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Thaudur

Well, restore the Athenian Temple to its former glory.

I cannot be bothered with such trivial matters! I have gashes to mend! Limbs to regenerate! Heads to reattach! You want your temple restored? Go bother someone in the Archaeology department! I hear Belloc Brightblade isn't doing anything useful with his time.

The nerve of some of these people...
05/05/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Magnata
05/05/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Rygarius
I notice your question. It's a person held in esteem/looks up to, usually with an elevated social status, and generally reserved for mentors. Oh, it has become a meme of sorts too.

Someone who has been anywhere longer than another. A kōhai is a person of lesser seniority. It is sort of an unspoken social contract that it is the responsibility of a senpai to show a kōhai the ropes... train and educate the newcomer. The kōhai is sort of the trainee that learns their job from their senior.

It's also used in schools over there too. Senpai is an upperclassman whille a kohai is a underclassman. So to a junior in high school, a senior would be senpai while a freshman would be kohai. Dunno if there's one for same level.

Find out more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai
you're no senpai to us, Mister!
Conswer: the difference between that and other iterations is this: that there are mutual obligations and responsibilities. If a senpai is negligent or uncaring and his student suffers, the student isnt punished.

The senpai is hauled into a room and torn to shreds for his failure to his younger counterpart. I find that....comforting.
05/05/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Thaudur
05/05/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Marilly
...Well, restore the Athenian Temple to its former glory.

I cannot be bothered with such trivial matters! I have gashes to mend! Limbs to regenerate! Heads to reattach! You want your temple restored? Go bother someone in the Archaeology department! I hear Belloc Brightblade isn't doing anything useful with his time.

The nerve of some of these people...
Well, gee.... I was hoping for a place to have intelligent discussion.
/shambles off
Sweet, can I get your autograph? Who am I talking to, you ask? All of you. And this is totally not a contract.