Never liked being forced to fly

General Discussion
The polar opposite if the gripes recently. But it's true. To get quite a bit accomplished In the game it's almost mandatory if not completely mandatory that you pay for flying.

For the people saying "If you don't want to fly then don't", we don't have that option. Unless we are constantly looking for someone with a two person mount.

If they make ALL of the WoD content accessible without needing to fly I'll be very happy with it.
Hey look two low level alts posting on a flame-bait topic. Nice try fellas.
You've been posting a lot recently; in a trollish way if I recall correctly.

Too many tears have been shed on the announcements for this expansion.
People on these forums need to go cry over the results of their local sports team matches like normal people. Then take credit for that teams success by saying things like "we did it" despite having done nothing but sit on the couch and watch as they brush Cheeto dust off their moobs.

Wow that got off topic in a hurry.
05/02/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Zulan
Hey look two low level alts posting on a flame-bait topic. Nice try fellas.

Hey look a troll that doesn't agree with the topic so he tries to derail it with nonsensical garbage that doesn't matter.

Nice try though.
Would be funny if blizz suddenly say they are bringing back flight mount and it becomes their turn to whine about it...
05/02/2014 05:34 AMPosted by Ðamnation
Would be funny if blizz suddenly say they are bringing back flight mount and it becomes their turn to whine about it...

I could care less if they did. This post was about being forced to fly.
oh do grow up, we all play a game made by blizzard, we cant control it, we can only make suggestions. and the suggestion about flying does not really matter. either way just make due with what you got
05/02/2014 05:41 AMPosted by Dârak
oh do grow up, we all play a game made by blizzard, we cant control it, we can only make suggestions. and the suggestion about flying does not really matter. either way just make due with what you got

Ok all grown up now! But wait... It seems... I will still be pleased if they made all of WoD accessible without requiring you to buy flying. I'm a horrible excuse for a human i guess. I should conform.
Heading to a location by flight path or auto-walking there, it makes no real difference to me except for the influence that flying has on world PVP. As someone who played Rogue throughout Vanilla and TBC, I'm going to actually have fun playing all the content instead of just going to Timeless Isle for my ganking sprees.

Can't wait for WOD.
05/02/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Harrymauls
05/02/2014 05:41 AMPosted by Dârak

Ok all grown up now! But wait... It seems... I will still be pleased if they made all of WoD accessible without requiring you to buy flying. I'm a horrible excuse for a human i guess. I should conform.

i doubt its a problem unless you did not pay for flying.
05/02/2014 05:37 AMPosted by Harrymauls

Nope you are not been force...
I don't see why everyone is crying so much about no flying in WoD. I am thouroughly excited to hear about it and there are many reasons for it.

The first being that it actually makes players experience the landscape that Blizzard put so much time into face to face.

Secondly, now hear me out, no flying leads to less lowbie ganking. This may not seem apparent at first but back in BC/WotLK on Azeroth if a lowbie were to be ganked it was fairly easy to get away. Rez up, mount up, and B-line to the nearest friendly base. Since even lowbies (generally) have the same mount speed theres no "ima get on da flyer and catch up real fast."

Finally, no flying leads to WPvP. The best kind of PvP in my opinion. There is truly nothing more epic than being part of a 40+ man raid group that runs from Theramore to Orgrimmar to battle it out in the middle of a city. The travel aspect was half of the fun! Now it is just fly there from all different directions. Ground mounts make people see eachother face to face, which causes a fight right on the spot, and that is what PvP servers are all about, not the silly flying mount teasing that goes on right now.

In conclusion, flying mounts have really taken out the open world aspect of the game. They have made it just a fly-by... theres no more experiencing.

Edit: Spelling.
05/02/2014 05:46 AMPosted by Dârak
05/02/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Harrymauls

Well it happens I just got my alt on Alli side to 90 (my only 90 alli) leveled through LFD in my spare time. This toon doesn't have the funds to buy the flying... No big deal right. Wrong. I can't get to chromie to get ported to the shrine to get my timeless gear without grinding quest on a toon.
05/02/2014 05:48 AMPosted by Ðamnation
05/02/2014 05:37 AMPosted by Harrymauls

So yes you are forced
05/02/2014 05:54 AMPosted by Harrymauls
05/02/2014 05:48 AMPosted by Ðamnation

So yes you are forced

So no you are not forced.
05/02/2014 05:53 AMPosted by Harrymauls

Well it happens I just got my alt on Alli side to 90 (my only 90 alli) leveled through LFD in my spare time. This toon doesn't have the funds to buy the flying... No big deal right. Wrong. I can't get to chromie to get ported to the shrine to get my timeless gear without grinding quest on a toon.

you can take the serpent dragon there you know, if thats what this is all about...... hes at the bottom, should be the red thing floating around.