To fly or not to fly?

General Discussion
Flying has become a major part of World of Warcraft, but with talks of it not being in the world of Draenor, or returning in a later patch, has some angry.

I myself would like flying not to return, well least wait until a later patch in Warlords Of Draenor.

Pros of flying (in my opinion)

Less frame-rate drops (as not everyone is not in the same general area)
If you want to play a for 20-30 min session, you have a quicker means
More variety of mounts (eg not just ground beasts or machines)

Cons of flying (in my opinion)
You miss beautiful scenery
Quests are done without much fuss***
PvP,**

**PVP with flying is like attacking a rouge, that vanishes, and sprints away. With Flying you can avoid almost every encountered pvp.

***You could say that games like final fantasy(excluding newer ones), dragon quest which has flying(near end of the game) does almost the same, thing ( skipping battles or fights), but also the fights take longer(loading taking turns VERY repetitive), it gets that way in wow, yes but not on a scale as in running into 5 cactuars battles in a row in in the desert.

People may say no flying takes from there experience, or its a downgrade, but they don't realize they remove things in all the expansions thus far, i am sure you remember some of them, which were removed , Volley, for hunters, as an example.

People afk in the air, WHY not afk on a flightpath, even if you land on neutral grounds your pretty much safe as neutral NPC's will attack anyone who pvps in a town.
But then again if your poor, you wont be able to afford alot.

Last point/suggestion: With garrisions comming with WoD, how do we know if a building wont increase mount speed, STACKED with guild perks.

Edit: someone mentioned that higher flying speeds makes some nodes missable
i'm all for the no flying at least at first but if we are not going to be flying around can we at least get upgraded ground mounts make them a bit faster 130% 150% , 180%??.
Take your pic if you are worried about it ruining out of Draenor content just limit it to Draenor make us have to buy it if you want, I think it would be a decent option since you are taking flying away which means we go from 310 too 100, this way content doesn't get skipped and we move faster.
I'm all for no flying 98% for PvP.

The other 2% is having immersion without missing out on slower travel, less efficient mat farming, and the like.
No flying is actually something I'm excited about.
It's amusing that people think no flying has anything to do with pvp. Half the servers are normal realms and more than half of the pvp servers are devoid of one faction. Pretty much why they had to do TI the way they did.

Personally i'll survive either way. But pretending that wpvp has anything to do with flying is outright silly. People don't wpvp because it is stupid and pointless.
04/28/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Gyute
It's amusing that people think no flying has anything to do with pvp. Half the servers are normal realms and more than half of the pvp servers are devoid of one faction. Pretty much why they had to do TI the way they did.

Personally i'll survive either way. But pretending that wpvp has anything to do with flying is outright silly. People don't wpvp because it is stupid and pointless.

Your opinion on wpvp doesn't change the fact that it happens, or the fact that when people die in wpvp they fly away on flying mounts, and on the pvp servers you mentioned. (Which are crossrealm, balancing out factions.)
04/28/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Allynn

Me too. I've really enjoyed the non flying times, like the first few days of MoP, or isle of thunder. I love convenience as much as the next person, but I also love playing the game. Not just skipping everything that might crinkle my robes.
04/28/2014 05:36 AMPosted by Allynn
(Which are crossrealm, balancing out factions.)

New content zones aren't cross realmed. Just saying.
04/28/2014 05:40 AMPosted by Gyute
04/28/2014 05:36 AMPosted by Allynn
(Which are crossrealm, balancing out factions.)

New content zones aren't cross realmed. Just saying.

Yeah I missed that. I wish they would do that for some specific servers though, our population as horde here on proudmoore is so small.
04/28/2014 05:39 AMPosted by Magnarok
04/28/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Allynn

Me too. I've really enjoyed the non flying times, like the first few days of MoP, or isle of thunder. I love convenience as much as the next person, but I also love playing the game. Not just skipping everything that might crinkle my robes.

The jade forest was an excellent place for no flying. Trees and mountains covering your LoS to give the feeling that there was an actual uncharted landmass there waiting to be found.
04/28/2014 06:12 AMPosted by Dljman
04/28/2014 05:24 AMPosted by Makazi
I'm all for no flying 98% for PvP.

The other 2% is having immersion without missing out on slower travel, less efficient mat farming, and the like.

I don't see PVP being affected that much. Go to any daily quest hub in Padaria and you can do all the PVP you want. But if you just quest yourself or walk around, you won't find that many are going to attack you. Or at least that is the way it is on some PVP servers.

Actually now that i think about it, it could go either way, be it less, from slower travel travel time or more since you cant fly away can "could" call friends(leveling of course)
04/28/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Gyute

I can see your viewpoint even when i stated you can hide from pvp with flightpaths and if destination is neutral it still wont be smart to kill someone.

But then again....people attack guards all the time.
No one's yet mentioned how the removal of flying shrinks the game world.

Without flying, they can't put nodes or lore items or loot anywhere there isn't a path.
See, Blizzard, perfect.

Split it so that those that want flying keep flying, and those that don't want flying, remove flying from them.

The two don't mingle anyways.
04/28/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Dliver

Without flying, they can't put nodes or lore items or loot anywhere there isn't a path.

There is always caves, some mining nodes are deep in caves
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And some people love playing only what they want. That is one of the great things about the game, variety.

This. Variety.

So you don't want flying in Draenor? Don't fly.

Some want flying in Draenor, then fly.

It'll probably end up being something like how they did MoP, with flying coming at level 100, give or take a step.
Idk if it has anything to do with wpvp, I think it has more to do with earning flight again. They'll probably provide a lovely carrot near the end, too, such as a wondrous flying mount or something.

Or....

They could provide something a little bit different, as in dog-fights. For those of you who do not know the term "dog-fight", it's a WW1 reference to aerial combat which could be with either mobs or other players.

Anyway, just my take on the situation. I do wish people would calm the f*ck down about it. So many freaking threads lately and all with the panicking, makes my head hurt. Yesterday was awful. ;)
04/28/2014 11:24 AMPosted by Jukeboxhero
04/28/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Dliver

There is always caves, some mining nodes are deep in caves

When they finish turning the game into World of Diablo 3 Adventure Mode you won't need mining nodes.