To fly or not to fly?

General Discussion
04/28/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Evanijr
i'm all for the no flying at least at first but if we are not going to be flying around can we at least get upgraded ground mounts make them a bit faster 130% 150% , 180%??.
Take your pic if you are worried about it ruining out of Draenor content just limit it to Draenor make us have to buy it if you want, I think it would be a decent option since you are taking flying away which means we go from 310 too 100, this way content doesn't get skipped and we move faster.
Blizz has already indicated they're looking at other, alternative travel methods to gets us where we want/need to go in a timely way that offsets the loss of flying speed.

Faster ground mounts may/may not be part of that -- they'er not saying. But faster ground mounts potentially pose their own problems -- look at how flying speed can cause some problems with people bypassing mining and herbing nodes (and sometimes other things) before it shows on their minimaps... Speeding ground mounts up would not be a positive in this regard -- it would potentially pose the same problem on the ground rather than in the air.
04/28/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Aberzombie
04/28/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Evanijr
i'm all for the no flying at least at first but if we are not going to be flying around can we at least get upgraded ground mounts make them a bit faster 130% 150% , 180%??.
Take your pic if you are worried about it ruining out of Draenor content just limit it to Draenor make us have to buy it if you want, I think it would be a decent option since you are taking flying away which means we go from 310 too 100, this way content doesn't get skipped and we move faster.
Blizz has already indicated they're looking at other, alternative travel methods to gets us where we want/need to go in a timely way that offsets the loss of flying speed.

Faster ground mounts may/may not be part of that -- they'er not saying. But faster ground mounts potentially pose their own problems -- look at how flying speed can cause some problems with people bypassing mining and herbing nodes (and sometimes other things) before it shows on their minimaps... Speeding ground mounts up would not be a positive in this regard -- it would potentially pose the same problem on the ground rather than in the air.

Yeah that's a con of flying that i overlooked but at least if your on ground you can look for a hill.
Garrisions could have a optional mount boost building only in draenor.
Due to the number of other similar such threads which are currently in the forums, this thread will now be locked. Thank you!