To Fly or Not to Fly 2 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673849155?page=1

To Fly or Not to Fly 3 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673549684?page=1

To Fly or Not to Fly 4 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673259835?page=1

To Fly or Not to Fly 5 -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12878867869?page=1

Please let's try to keep the conversation going in a civil way! We are doing a GREAT job of this so far, let's keep it up!
05/19/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Charishc
Our topic was just capped again.
No it wasn't
05/19/2014 09:09 AMPosted by Felwaffles
Our topic was just capped again.
No it wasn't

Fixed.
/sigh
What we really need is a some Beta info/access.

A good deal of our fears and worries could be removed by simply seeing this amazing content blizz is crafting that will somehow make us forget that we love flying.

Do I have faith blizz can make astounding and dynamic content that will make mucking around on the ground a thrilling experience for an entire 2 year expansion life cycle? Not really. Dailes were their attempt to give us something awesome to do every day day. The fundamental idea behind them was great. The execution of them (gating valor gear behind them) horrid.

One of the key elements to this game is the 8 year time investment we have with flying.

Taking stuff away is never a good plan.

Replacing with amorphous awesomesauce is scary for most of us.

So I will continue to voice my very vocal opinion on this matter.

Flight Club = good.

No Flight Club = they can walk around everywhere now and don't, so how good is it after all?
Regarding the question of whether Alex Afrasiabi had some kind of detailed polling data from which he drew his "about 50/50" statement in terms of people liking or hating the idea of a world without flight: in an interview like this, people are speaking largely informally and off-the-cuff. They're coming prepared with a lot of personal firsthand knowledge, of course, but he's not defending a thesis here. He's speaking, briefly and off the top of his head, on a topic that happened to come up. There's no reason at all to imagine that he's talking about anything more firm than his personal impression of the community's mood.
Greetings, please keep in mind that posts which have similar content to other threads which have been shared in the forums repeatedly may be locked or removed. With that said, we apologize if the info you previously posted was not shared already and if the post was locked when it didn't need to be. I have unlocked this thread so the conversation can continue here. :)
05/19/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Tandalynnia
Greetings, please keep in mind that posts which have similar content to other threads which have been shared in the forums repeatedly may be locked or removed. With that said, we apologize if the info you previously posted was not shared already and if the post was locked when it didn't need to be. I have unlocked this thread so the conversation can continue here. :)

neat. thanks :)

Thanks for unlocking it. I was feeling a bit nervous about posting in any of these threads due to the vanishing and locking of them.

I don't suppose we can get something said about the new dynamic content or a peak at it?

Pretty Please.....
05/19/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
Greetings, please keep in mind that posts which have similar content to other threads which have been shared in the forums repeatedly may be locked or removed. With that said, we apologize if the info your previously posted was not shared already and if the post was locked when it didn't need to be. I have unlocked this thread so the conversation can continue here. :)

Thanks for unlocking it. I was feeling a bit nervous about posting in any of these threads due to the vanishing and locking of them.

I don't suppose we can get something said about the new dynamic content or a peak at it?

Pretty Please.....

Please don't drag the forum mods into this mess. They aren't a part of the creation process.

Also, really? You were going to be disappeared by the Blizzard Illuminati?
05/19/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Bubblykiss

They are just a forum moderator, not a CM or dev. I highly doubt they have any info on the subject.
I really think the problem could be solved with faster ground mounts. Just make them 100% in BGs. Update old mount models to handle faster speeds, and then bam. Problem solved. If we could run 150-200% I guarantee there would be less hate. My problem is the slowness of ground mounts and how historically big the zones have been getting. I don't want it to take eight years just to get from one place to another just because I can't travel fast enough.

Also I would complain way less if Blizzard allowed all mounts to be used as ground mounts, as someone who HATES dailies, I sucked it up and did the Cloud Serpent dailies and all that work and finally I can ride my serpents. It's an accomplishment, and it really, REALLY sucks that I won't be able to use them at all for a long time.

It can't be that hard to reanimate some ground mounts to accommodate faster speeds, and allow all flying mounts to be stuck to the ground (all you'd have to do for the mounts you can't use without being in a zone that allows flight is add a jump and landing animation, like the gryphons.)
05/19/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Borsohn
I really think the problem could be solved with faster ground mounts. Just make them 100% in BGs. Update old mount models to handle faster speeds, and then bam. Problem solved. If we could run 150-200% I guarantee there would be less hate. My problem is the slowness of ground mounts and how historically big the zones have been getting. I don't want it to take eight years just to get from one place to another just because I can't travel fast enough.

Also I would complain way less if Blizzard allowed all mounts to be used as ground mounts, as someone who HATES dailies, I sucked it up and did the Cloud Serpent dailies and all that work and finally I can ride my serpents. It's an accomplishment, and it really, REALLY sucks that I won't be able to use them at all for a long time.

It can't be that hard to reanimate some ground mounts to accommodate faster speeds, and allow all flying mounts to be stuck to the ground (all you'd have to do for the mounts you can't use without being in a zone that allows flight is add a jump and landing animation, like the gryphons.)

Actually, they are planning on making flying mounts usable on the ground. I think their thought process on getting from point A to B faster is by using flight paths. There was a lot of talk about how FPs are getting more streamlined.

I only hope that quest rewards will give more gold to compensate for the money being spent on FPs.
This flight or no-flight thing has become entirely out-of-hand.

It wasn't even said it would be permanently initially. I have no idea what's changed other than the devotion to act like we're unable to play this game without it(i did for 3 years).

I wish people advocated cancer research this avidly.
05/19/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Borsohn

They are going to let all flying mounts be usable as ground mounts. But that raises a different problem of mounts that can't even touch the ground being unable to fly any higher than 1-2 feet.
05/19/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Barleyfists
Please don't drag the forum mods into this mess. They aren't a part of the creation process.

I actually agree with Barley here. There are only certain mods that have any info on this and they'll post if they deem it necessary.

I think for now they are letting the discussion go on because:

1) There hasn't been much trolling.

2) It's been actual feedback (despite the arguing we've basically kept it on topic).

3) Blizzard did say they want feedback. I think the big reason they let these threads exist is to get a feel for how people fell BEFORE the alpha or the beta.

I think the biggest reason they haven't just up and started deleting these threads is because of those 3 things (plus it helps with the spam down a bit).