If you were Vol'jin

Story Forum
05/21/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Goshruk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYKm1QeqdA

1-Make an old school Horde

2- Kill the forsaken and put orc warlock souls in their bodies.

3-Order the Goblins to mass production of deadly weapons.

4-Conquer the world or die trying

Wrong forum, you´ll find Seat of Knowledge at the right corner of the forum menu U.U
05/19/2014 09:25 PMPosted by Harland
Rebuild Orgrimmar to have Dinosaurs everywhere.

I agree, dinosaurs make everything better.
05/21/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Arielangel
Wrong forum, you´ll find Seat of Knowledge at the right corner of the forum menu U.U
No, look the OP thread
05/19/2014 09:24 PMPosted by Korkrax
So you're Vol'jin and you just "took office" as Warchief. what are your first immediate actions?
05/21/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Arielangel
You may not even have the "any sparce forces" bit to deploy.

Which is why I said "any spare forces", spare being the key word here, implying that there may not be any at all.

It might sound harsh, but your criteria standards in the matter is irrelevant. Word of God says Alliance is an unified Juggernaut, well, lorewise Alliance = Unified Juggernaut. Point. End of Story.

You don't need to spout WoG at me, I'm just saying, I want it to be shown. :)

It´s waay more important for the Horde to deal with the internal issues first,

And I stressed this. But a lot of the Horde's internal issues deal with the Alliance in the first place.

It seems you didn't read the entirety of my post, or left out major parts of it. But you're not the first one to do so.
After I cleared up any threats in Horde leveling zones from 1-20 ish area (excluding Alliance ones since we have a treaty), I would send a few messengers from neighboring areas asking if the Alliance might want some help with any small problems they have like Defias, gnolls, things of that nature. If they accept, those token forces will help out while my main armies clear up any problems in our own areas and settle in. After that, we'd get to work on farms/irrigation in Durotar, controlling the Bilgewater Cartel so they don't cut down all the trees in one day, don't pollute the environment, and would resume Thrall's negotiations with Varian about trading exotic furs (within reason, like we wouldn't kill all of the zhevras all at once like people did in the midwest with Buffalo) and such for lumber, so as to keep the harvesting of resources sustainable.

Unfortunately, we don't have time for all of that with the Iron Horde invading. I would send lots of forces that remain from Orgrimmar to Stranglethorn Vale to show the Alliance that we're here to help them against the new, immediate threat. I would try to set up some kind of blockade by the Dark Portal so that the Iron Horde isn't able to steamroll through our defenses like when they first came through. Lots of catapults and flamethrowers and things to surprise them. Maybe some people with buckets of boiling oil on top of the portal?
05/21/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Madelynn
And I stressed this. But a lot of the Horde's internal issues deal with the Alliance in the first place.

It seems you didn't read the entirety of my post, or left out major parts of it. But you're not the first one to do so.

I read it well enough... and as I mentioned in the previous post: you certainly weren´t clear enough on this (reading your post as a whole gives the impression you give more importance to conveniently appease Alliance issues than the core problems of the Horde). I wasn´t the only one to notice this.

Horde doesn´t need to "appease" the Alliance with gifts and offerings to deal with them in the internal affairs that may or not relation with Alliance. As an example: Ashenvale. The orcs are officially out. So... the triage thing to do is to keep them out. No big deal. No need to send them as some obscure "peace offering" to deal with messes in Stonetalon. Just to ignore the blues is good enough imho in the first steps of the rebuilding.

The Horde needs to establish itself as a self-sufficient organization first before deploying resources (people are resources too) they don´t have to spare. You don´t offer your neighbor the keys of your car if that´s the only means of transportation of your family. You may do it AFTER your family establishes other means of transportation, not before.
05/21/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Arielangel
(reading your post as a whole gives the impression you give more importance to conveniently appease Alliance issues than the core problems of the Horde)

If the Horde wants to co-exist, they need to appease the Alliance. This should be obvious, seeing as how they're in no position to oppose them any longer.

Horde doesn´t need to "appease" the Alliance with gifts and offerings to deal with them in the internal affairs that may or not relation with Alliance. As an example: Ashenvale. The orcs are officially out. So... the triage thing to do is to keep them out. No big deal. No need to send them as some obscure "peace offering" to deal with messes in Stonetalon. Just to ignore the blues is good enough imho in the first steps of the rebuilding.

Agreed. But there's no reason why they can't take it a step further.

The Horde needs to establish itself as a self-sufficient organization first before deploying resources (people are resources too) they don´t have to spare. You don´t offer your neighbor the keys of your car if that´s the only means of transportation of your family.

....again, you're making it out to sound like I want the Horde to give everything they got to the Alliance. There is literally no loss in sending one or two druids/shamans just to help. And if they can't spare them, no big deal. It's an "if they can" deal.
05/21/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Madelynn
(reading your post as a whole gives the impression you give more importance to conveniently appease Alliance issues than the core problems of the Horde)

If the Horde wants to co-exist, they need to appease the Alliance. This should be obvious, seeing as how they're in no position to oppose them any longer.

The Horde needs to establish itself as a self-sufficient organization first before deploying resources (people are resources too) they don´t have to spare. You don´t offer your neighbor the keys of your car if that´s the only means of transportation of your family.

....again, you're making it out to sound like I want the Horde to give everything they got to the Alliance. There is literally no loss in sending one or two druids/shamans just to help. And if they can't spare them, no big deal. It's an "if they can" deal.

I agree with Madelynn on everything. If the Horde wants to redeem itself for real, regain their honor, they're going to need to offer the Alliance some kind of recompense as well as apologize for the wrongs they've done. Yes, the more recent wrongs were Hellscream's doing, but unfortunately (for us) he did them in the Horde's name so we're kind of hit with that. Even if those apologies and offers of recompense get tossed back in our faces by some of the less forgiving leaders, at least we made the attempt. Of course our top priority is to restore order and stablize what's left of our holdings. That doesn't mean we bend over backwards to accomidate the Alliance in every way there is, it just means making amends with them is the second highest priority (the first, obviously, is rebuilding and trying to work out decent resource control.)
05/21/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Syren
I agree with Madelynn on everything. If the Horde wants to redeem itself for real, regain their honor, they're going to need to offer the Alliance some kind of recompense as well as apologize for the wrongs they've done. Yes, the more recent wrongs were Hellscream's doing, but unfortunately (for us) he did them in the Horde's name so we're kind of hit with that. Even if those apologies and offers of recompense get tossed back in our faces by some of the less forgiving leaders, at least we made the attempt. Of course our top priority is to restore order and stablize what's left of our holdings. That doesn't mean we bend over backwards to accomidate the Alliance in every way there is, it just means making amends with them is the second highest priority (the first, obviously, is rebuilding and trying to work out decent resource control.)

That´s basically what I said in like my third post.

The "peace offerings" are alright to improve diplomatic relations... but those can´t come out if the Horde doesn´t have them. To stabilize the Horde is (or should be) top priority for a new leader as Vol´jin. He has the hard job of gaining the "love" of "his family". That means making a god damn better job than Thrall or Garros ever didh ( and Garrosh for all the cretin he ended up to be, was to one point good enough for the Horde´s citizens, and solved some of their more glaring needs.

Vol´jin has to guarantee the loyalty of his subjects before sending them in territories they may be tempted to screw again, because god forbids they may think they absolutely need the resources in them or because they hate the races that live there. Vol´jin needs to improve the psychological collective of the Horde before making serious attempts at diplomacy.

This falls into the "all things in time" group, as yes eventually they will have to take it a step further BUT there is no way they can do it from the get go without making it a 90% chance the ones sent will mess it up.
The same thing we do every patch,
try to take over the world

Thats why we need to rebuild our strength and numbers.

Recruit the other troll and tauren tribes (Like the Yuanggol) into the horde.
Race change to anything but Troll/Tauren (within the Horde, obviously.)
- Bring all troll tribes to the Horde, either through peaceful means or conquer them into submission
- Do the same to the Yuanggol, quilboars and saurok \
-send Thrall and all my other political enemies on a suicide mission against the Iron Horde (and tell the IH they are coming and their movements to maximize their chances of dying)
- Send Witch Doctors who specialize in the dark arts to gather a following among the forsaken to lessen Sylvanases power
- Promise to assist the Alliance by protecting it against other threats but don't send any forces against the Iron Horde. After all the horde cant do much any how after the beating it got.
-Hire out many horde warriors into neutral organizations, such as the AG, Pirates, Bandits, Goblin Cartels and what not for a large sum. The Hordes main problem are the masses of young, testosterone-filled, aggressive thugs who always want to start a fight. Once I get rid of them I can sit back in my raptor skinned sofa, drinking from a coconut in a room filled with fine troll ladies. Also change the Horde symbol, by now people will look at it in the same manner as we look at swastikas, bad for public image. change the name into Sen"Jin enterprise, do draw more business. we will export peacebloom to the Night Elves, it cant go wrong.
I'd bend the Horde towards massive land improvement projects to make sure their food needs are met.

Then I'd sit back and let the Alliance take massive losses saving the world while the Horde races population's rise with no heavy attrition.
05/21/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
I'd bend the Horde towards massive land improvement projects to make sure their food needs are met.

Then I'd sit back and let the Alliance take massive losses saving the world while the Horde races population's rise with no heavy attrition.

Don´t forget recrational means Threeslot... some "friendly" internal competitions could be good to burn all that testosterone...

To guarantee any sort of profit put the Goblins in-charge of the finances hehehe
By Wow philosophy, within two generations the Horde would either fall apart due to squabbling, or simply become uselessly weak, whereas the Alliance would become a battle hardened juggernaught of war.

Because engaging in the act of war makes you stronger always.
By Wow philosophy, within two generations the Horde would either fall apart due to squabbling, or simply become uselessly weak, whereas the Alliance would become a battle hardened juggernaught of war.

Because engaging in the act of war makes you stronger always.

Funnily enough underlined it may be scientifically possible to support this. It will all depend at the end on the adaptability of the races and a bunch other variables I´m lazy to cite...

Ergo my "suggestion" to Threeslot
It's a logical farce. It only works because no one actually dies in Warcraft.