The "Partners" Dilemma

Arenas
As most of you know, one of the biggest issues with arenas today is the lack of players. I'm sure most of you have been in a situation where you've felt that it was impossible to find anyone to play with. The fact is, unless you're a well established player or a "e-celebrity," finding people to play with on a consistent basis, who are around your skill level, is just about impossible.

There are ways that this issue can be tackled. I think Blizzard has taken an amazing first step in allowing people to play with other players who are off realm. This, unfortunately, isn't enough. My proposed idea is to add an in-game version of the third party addon known as OQueue. The addon allows you to easily find groups and due to it's incredible success, I recommend it be implemented in game.

The main issues with OQueue at the moment is that it's barely used outside of "yolo" groups or low mmr arenas/rbgs. I believe implementing it into the game's interface directly would increase the pool of players using the system increasing the amount of higher skilled player's participation.

Of course this wouldn't solve the issue of the difficulty of finding partners, which increases every year with the bleeding of subs. It would, though, create another outlet for players looking for equally skilled players to find partners.
+1
+1000000000000000000000000000

OQueue is not taken seriously. No one uses the forums. I need people that kill as well as I heal. PLEASE.
Play a healer and you'll never have a partners issue.
05/22/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Zered
Play a healer and you'll never have a partners issue.

Unless you play Alliance.
I tried playing healer, still have a bunch of healing characters, but I haven't gear any of mine up season seemed boring to me.
Rico doesn't like MWs :<

Understandable. Gimped-playstyle class
Even finding players to play with on a consistent basis can be tough as a healer as well.
mendi come heal wmchi
Most players think they are better than their current MMR is and seek players better than them to play with. I on the other hand am strictly a 2000-2050 quality player at this point with some significant play flaws I need to rectify. Admitting you aren't a perfect player also makes people tend to think you are worse than you actually are as well.
didnt they say they were making an ingame version of oq like months ago? pretty sure they are making one for wod.
05/22/2014 04:12 PMPosted by Ricoswaze
I believe implementing it into the game's interface directly would increase the pool of players using the system increasing the amount of higher skilled player's participation.
+1
05/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Myrddin
didnt they say they were making an ingame version of oq like months ago? pretty sure they are making one for wod.
link?
05/22/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Ricoswaze
05/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Myrddin
link?

cant find a blue on it but found a forum post with some mvp chatter

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10496969936

of course it might turn out like their in game voice feature and everyone will stick with oq anyways...who knows.
05/22/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Myrddin
05/22/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Ricoswaze
...link?

cant find a blue on it but found a forum post with some mvp chatter

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10496969936

of course it might turn out like their in game voice feature and everyone will stick with oq anyways...who knows.
That looks promising. Hopefully it's not a huge flop.
The main issue behind finding partners is the attitude and mentality of the playerbase. If you don't have high recent exp or rating, nobody is interested in you.

I don't fault or blame people for wanting to play with other players of similar experience, but there's a sort of segregation that takes place that bars people from getting into competitive PvP. Knowing your class is one thing, but knowing your class inside an arena and within your comp are different animals - and this isn't even figuring in knowing other classes and comps.

It's just a tricky situation all around. Playing with higher experienced players will undoubtedly raise your game and make you a better player all-around, but getting someone to give you the time of day isn't exactly easy. It's not always as simple as getting real life friends or guildies, so this leads to people either not participating in PvP and only PvE'ing, or just quitting because they can't PvP.

Maybe when WoD hits and skirmishes are reintroduced, higher rated players may consider playing with lesser experienced players.
gotta werk ur way up
and here I was thinking it was just because I was alliance
05/22/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Calderg
gotta werk ur way up
Can't if you don't ever queue.
what are partners