Sick and tired of the long Que.!!

Frostmourne
y dont you log on 5 hours be4 you want to play like i did yesterday ( i loged on @ 1pm in the avo and i finaly got on @ 7:30 @ night lol)
12/08/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Phadedxoxo
12/08/2010 5:51 AMPosted by Myagi
With the billions blizzard receive in profits per quarter, they could more than afford to upgrade servers to accomodate for a bigger capacity.

Classic ignorant response. Lets just throw money at it, and they can add more servers right?

Scaling is not about adding more processors or ram or disk space to the servers. It takes research and time to get these things right. You wouldn't expect a flying car tomorrow by throwing a trillion dollars into it, so why would you expect servers which already accommodate millions of concurrent users to double in capacity overnight?

We don't expect them to double the capacity overnight. We expect them to anticipate that something like this would happen with the release of Cataclysm and work to fix the issue before it arises like it has. Not to just throw free realm transfers at us.
12/08/2010 8:30 PMPosted by Paxi
12/08/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Phadedxoxo
[quote="13055752785"]With the billions blizzard receive in profits per quarter, they could more than afford to upgrade servers to accomodate for a bigger capacity.

Classic ignorant response. Lets just throw money at it, and they can add more servers right?

Scaling is not about adding more processors or ram or disk space to the servers. It takes research and time to get these things right. You wouldn't expect a flying car tomorrow by throwing a trillion dollars into it, so why would you expect servers which already accommodate millions of concurrent users to double in capacity overnight?

We don't expect them to double the capacity overnight. We expect them to anticipate that something like this would happen with the release of Cataclysm and work to fix the issue before it arises like it has. Not to just throw free realm transfers at us.

Exactly, I mean all the wow expansion had at the very least 6 months or something before they we released. It's not like it just appeared one day. And as for throw money at a situation... Well thats a load of crap, if they wanted it fixed it would be. But if people are happy to wait 5 hrs to log in then why would they pay the money.
frostmourne.. 7 hours as of now...
F@#kin hell Just watched my position drop to 601 and time to login triple to almost 3 hours, cant log on to any other relm just sits there with "waiting to connect", come on blizz fix this god damm cluster @%!! please
If I'm logged into WoW and DC...(or ALT-F4), can I log right back in? or does that put you back in the queue now?

BTW what's the queue now...
12/08/2010 5:51 AMPosted by Myagi
12/08/2010 5:32 AMPosted by Shadowe
It's funny because (apart from now apparently) the servers ARE up and running. Have been since launch. If you and every other idiot want to crowd onto the one realm, then well it's your own problem. There are servers by the dozen that have plenty of space.

Add to that, Blizzard are actually doing the QQ bears a favour by upping the character limit per realm, and you're still not happy. If it's so bad, go do something else.

And once more, you're free to play any time you want, but you chose to sit in the queue.

people are amazingly stupid....

what the OP is trying to say, is that maybe we dont want to PAY to move all our toons to a less populated server. Why should the ones amongst us who have been here the longest and have a sh!t ton of toons pay and move just because thousands of other people decide to plague and clog up the server amongst gold farmers, and ebayers?

OP is right, if you pay to play a game, waiting 4 hours to log in is f****ing stupid!
With the billions blizzard receive in profits per quarter, they could more than afford to upgrade servers to accomodate for a bigger capacity.

sitting there going hurr durr change servers or deal with it clearly displays ones stupidity.

This is dead true. I don't WANT to change server - I paid money to take my main from an awful server (incidentally Gundrak, currently on offer as FM's only free transfer...) here, to play with a friend. Last night, he was 6000th in the queue, with a wait time approximating infinity. It's my main server now, and I dont want to pay upwards of $US100 (I don't HAVE that money atm) to change my characters from a server I paid to get to!

Saying just play another server is just retarded. Have any of you ever played from 1-80? It takes time, you pour a huge amount into it (or did when I got it, back as a noob, I guess with boa and @%** it ain't as hard as it was). I wanna play Frostmourne, without waits, like I signed up for, and do every time I pay my sub. It's staggering that the servers are collapsing, when you look at the massive success Blizz has had with WoW - it's just not good enough. Rant over, check login queue: 646 - 52mins. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
avg time for me is 3 hours..
sometimes its really short and only 2 hours, other times its 5hours, by which time i quit the queue and load up ragnarok...
guys seriously, i think i understand what both sides of this argument are saying but until things die down (as a result of people new to the server moving etc) it is just a case of grin and bare the horrible wait or /wrists. last night i waited 3 hours and fell asleep when i was almost in, i woke suddenly to see the message: disconnected from server, displayed on screen because i slept through the tiny window of opportunity given before u get disconnected, so i know how bad it is.
oh yeh and to add to that it said server full on frostmourne over 2 years ago so anyone who joined Frostmourne despite warnings of queues is an idiot if they complain. thats like someone tellin you if u cut ur @@@#% off it's gonna hurt then cutting ur @@@#% off and tryin to qq to the person who warned u.
haha, i did the same thing last night..
fell asleep around the 800s and woke up to see DC message, decide to get into bed at that point..
i know they prolly have great equipment and connections, but they need more
12/08/2010 10:19 PMPosted by Horrorvenge
oh yeh and to add to that it said server full on frostmourne over 2 years ago so anyone who joined Frostmourne despite warnings of queues is an idiot if they complain.
You think people wanted to pay to move to frostmourne? We just like giving blizzard cash for no reason, it's not like the servers people come from don't have problems of their own?
12/08/2010 10:22 PMPosted by Skyshatter
haha, i did the same thing last night..
fell asleep around the 800s and woke up to see DC message, decide to get into bed at that point..
Bad news... your position in the queue (ie. passed the queue in this case) probably would have been remembered.
Great hit the 1200 Queue, looking forward to an hour wait, thanks blizzard. With the money blizzard makes i think they could afford to upgrade server capacity.
just stay logged in, get a Drinking Bird to tap your spacebar; or some software equivalent =p
hahahahaha just got D/c after alll my progress FFS, now mad a DK on Dath Remar -.-
Maybe you should Justquit
Big time. Simple fact is they can see how a server is going to fair with the incoming expansion with the amount of population on the server. You must be insanely retarded to offer server transfers to a server that already has 2000+ queues every night. Greedy blizzard just wanting some more money, oh sure i'll take ur $25US so you can go to frostmourne and increase the queues for the rest of the pop.

Foresee this, ban all future server transfers INTO frostmourne, offer FREE transfers out of frostmourne. WTB a bit of customer service. As of 2days ago(+/-), they finally stopped incoming frostmourne char transfers.

Worst is when you queue up, 2500+ or so, estimated 2h so you go out for 2h come back and ur dc'd because you entered the server, was afk for 5-10mins then it booted you off. PLS Change the disconnect time once connecting to a server. The ETAs for realm connection is wayy off, so allow a bit of leeway once connected before you disconnect the player.

Thoughts
The queues are getting better, only 500 people today when I went to log on. A few days ago it was closer to 4000.

Image:

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/58_170/102_143/waste.jpg

^___^