Guild Experience Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 50 Next
This was a terrible idea. Why should I demand my guild mate's time to work on guild achievements that mean nothing? My own achievements are one thing as they are a source of personal goals but I'm not going to demand the same from other people if there is no benefit.
<br/>
<br/>Terrible idea.
My guild spent over 100,000 gold stocking up on profession items so we could get ahead on Realm First: Level 25 Guild. We have 100,000 gold worth of worthless old wrath gems, feasts, herbs, and more. What are we supposed to do now?

Not impressed.
12/07/2010 2:10 PMPosted by Fenrys
ummm yeah this I'd like to call B.S. on the stripping of guild exp, ...

Although I don't agree with the change, two things, I assume the numbers are a display bug (since it's showing the amount required for level 1 the same was it previously was for level 2) and will be updated the same as the tooltip will be, ie with a patch
Extremely disappointing!!!

We have an extremely small family guild where everyone is related or RL friends. We knew we would most likely never hit the daily limit, but were looking forward to doing a bunch of the guild achievements to help us out. While we would realistically never (or maybe in a year+) hit lvl 25, it was still going to be a fun journey.

Seriously.. This is why you have beta. And the fact that you have been throwing a couple of these HUGE changes in at the last minute (and then some), really makes me think that the player's opinions don't matter much to you.

Sad...
We scheduled events, people got excited and active that there was an ACTUAL WAY TO CONTRIBUTE to the guild in a tangible way and reward everyone.

Now it's gone? Just like that? Change it back, it's now nothing better than a countdown timer.
What a complete and total let down and disappointment. We purposefully had most of our guild on last night just for the guild leveling... now we're reset to level 1 when we were close to level 3. That's completely completely unfair. We put in the time and got it up...and because you want it to be "fair" to the casual guilds, you've already nerfed something that a lot of people were super excited about. Utterly lame.
Nice Bait and Switch Blizz. GG
This strikes me as both poor planning (not to anticipate) and the wrong remedy (large amount of customer annoyance/anger).

This removes a strategic part of the guild advancement - doing things as a guild. Daily cap is trivial to get without a collective effort. You have promised a carrot for these achievements and taken it away. Why not reduce the amount of experience they give? Why not model the guild progression based on the data you have (and in reality had before cata was released)?
Epic.. FAIL..

Big mistake Blizz.

12/07/2010 1:53 PMPosted by Nethaera
We have decided to remove the added bonus of gaining Guild Experience from Guild Achievements earned. This change will realign Guild Achievements with our philosophy held for normal Achievements, which are intended to be predominantly their own reward (barring the rare exception of special achievements that grant an additional reward.) Previously, the experience reward had been seen as an additional side bonus and not something that should have been significantly skewing the advancement of guilds. During the beta, we greatly increased leveling speed across the board and since most characters were copied from templates, guild experience from Achievements didn’t seem imbalanced. It has become clear that an imbalance does exist and should be addressed to ensure that guilds progress at the rates expected within the daily Guild Experience limits.

For guilds that are currently above the normally possible experience limit, we will be readjusting it back to the expected limit once more. This will not affect Guild Reputation gains at this point in time.

You can't be serious.

This is a terrible change, please revert it. I come from a small casual guild, and we were still really looking forward to doing guild achievements, FOR FUN, and for experience. This imablance that you're claiming might exist, but even the victims of said imbalance don't approve of the change.

It's not even a day old and the best expansion with the most potential is slowly dropping.

This removes a strategic part of the guild advancement - doing things as a guild. Daily cap is trivial to get without a collective effort. You have promised a carrot for these achievements and taken it away. Why not reduce the amount of experience they give? Why not model the guild progression based on the data you have (and in reality had before cata was released)?

THIS THIS THIS.

Extremely disappointing!!!

We have an extremely small family guild where everyone is related or RL friends. We knew we would most likely never hit the daily limit, but were looking forward to doing a bunch of the guild achievements to help us out. While we would realistically never (or maybe in a year+) hit lvl 25, it was still going to be a fun journey.

Seriously.. This is why you have beta. And the fact that you have been throwing a couple of these HUGE changes in at the last minute (and then some), really makes me think that the player's opinions don't matter much to you.

Sad...

And this.

Think I'm gonna get the rest of my guild to post their opinions on this too. GG Blizzard.
Most unfair. Our guild and many others worked hard. Guilds should not be punished due to what Blizzard sees as a flaw. And further more did not see this issue coming because Blizzard relied on premades in beta as a test sample. Premades are just that....a nice shiny model with no depth. No drive to get these because really...we're testing. Live is an entirely different story. Plus on premades...(and correct me if I am wrong) all reps were at neutral. Who wants to rep grind when the character gets deleted anyways? Please.
Fine..fix it going forward..but people should NOT be punished for using the system as it was designed.
I have to wonder if all the new zones were keyed for premades..all in epic armor.
This is a pretty rough change for my guild.

We certainly weren't expecting a ton of guild XP from completing achievements, but none at all? We've been arranging guild groups, had people going on merry expeditions to kill critters, etc, all with the hopes of eking a little bit more out towards a perk here or there. A lot of our guild are casual achievement types who saw this as a way to help out the guild. Mow guild progress is solely a function of being able to hit the cap every day. Realm First Level 25 Guild is going to be a bit of a joke, since no doubt most realms will have their first level 25s within several seconds/minutes of each other. Watching our guild de-level and finding this took a ton of wind out of the sails of a bunch of people.

Guild achievements, at least those that don't specifically have a reward, seem substantially more superficial now. Even the player achievement point tracker in the guild roster allows them to be a source of competition and pride. There's no such easily-accessible system for Guilds, nor is it going to matter for many guilds who tend to be more focused on internal achievement than competition with fellow guilds. (In our case, we're the only guild of our size Horde-side, so don't really have any fair competition)

Again, I don't think we expected to buck the cap by leaps and bounds, but removing all guild XP from guild achievements removes the only interesting modifier to guild progress. Now, the larger the guild, the quicker it'll hit its daily cap, and that's all that matters.
Finding the right words to express my disappointment its hard.
Unless you can make it up in some way. We spent hundreds of thousands of gold and hundreds of hours to get ready for the achievement. Not only that but we based some of the guild plans around how it was going to work.
We got reset to level 1, WITH the cap already met and cant gain.

You had enough time to fix this problem when Europe went live.
am EXTREMELY dissapointed on the shortsightedness and lack of vision.
I am very tempted to just curse you all out because im very angry right now.
Thanks for wasting all our efforts and resources.
You have seen this for months and have failed miserably as game designers.
So just remove all the guild achievements that don't reward a thing because no one will do them. Organizing 20 ppl to do an old raid with NO reward? Yeah right. My guild was looking forward to this big time since it would help bring guilds back together as a guild.

I sure as heck ain't gonna waste my time doing old dungeons, raids etc that reward nothing but some guild achievement points. Way to go on the bait and switch Blizz - instead of adjusting the daily caps (which my guild hit in about 30 minutes) you remove one of the most anticipated features. Guess I'll have to level alts now to help level the guild since the caps are so easy to reach.
This is going to make the realm first achievement go to those who have bigger guilds and can be sure to hit cap every day versus those who work and put effort into it. Does that not defeat the purpose of a realm first achievement?

VERY disappointed. Literally, 100,000 gold worth of crap, everyone in my small guild farming out the butt day in and day out to stock up for guild achievements to put us ahead enough to squeak out realm first. Farming teams for gems in sunwell, people mining around the clock and prospecting for gems, people fishing to make 5000 fish feasts.. this is absolutely stupid.

It's not too late to change your minds. You're already ruining one of the best parts of this expansion.
Okay, how about some clarifying questions:

A) Does Blizzard not believe that doing the achievements as a guild was the point of introducing them? Where's the incentive to organize enough manpower to accomplish these?

B) If you're not going to reward us for doing them, are you still going to penalize us if we don't?

C) Is it not the expectation that every guild will hit the cap every single day, and that they'll all level at precisely the same speed? We hit our cap today with as few as two of us actively working on it, and never more than six. Is this the design?

D) Who made this call? Can we talk to a manager or something??
Joining the QQ train. Every guild reaching level 25, including 1 player guilds, on the same date is pretty stupid. If thats the philosophy you want, then you shouldnt have used a guild exp system, you should have just used a gating system like you do with some raids. "Ok, 7 days after launch, unlock 5 more guild perks!" because thats exactly what this does. 3 players on and we'd hit the exp cap 1 hour into the expansion. Pretty sure 1 player could duplicate the feat in 24 hours, which means without guild achievements giving exp, every guild levels at the exact same rate, which is silly and defeats the purpose of the system.
I really doubt it was intended, but this totally does come off like a bait and switch. As people have posted here, that this made it all the way through beta to release only to get switched 14 hours in is really, really disappointing. Far more disappointing than if it had never existed -- then people wouldn't have gotten all prepared and excited to pursue it.
Seems like every LOVES the changes, :sigh:
I agree with most that this decision is very poor planning on Blizzards part, but all these "our guild worked so hard" posts are a bit ridiculous IMO.

The fact that guilds were able to advance so much in mere hours, regardless of what they did to do it, in and of itself, screams easy to me. This is a game after all. If it's "hard work" you might want to try another hobby.