Whale Shark: Identity crisis?

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
First of all, I am blown away by the detail put into the underwater zones, but I got a chuckle out of the new Whale Shark mobs swimming around. I love the way they look, but they have one major flaw.

Someone must have goofed and started with a "whale" skeleton instead of a "shark" one and used the whale animations, because they swim with the up-and-down motion of the in game whales. Not the (correct) side-to-side motion of a shark.

Anyone else sit there gawking at them and wondering how in the world that got by the QC department? I laughed.
Probably the same people who decided it'd be fun to make the thing eat people. Real Whale Sharks don't do that either. Try to tell them that? They'll just laugh at you.
12/07/2010 10:11 PMPosted by Araeya
Probably the same people who decided it'd be fun to make the thing eat people. Real Whale Sharks don't do that either. Try to tell them that? They'll just laugh at you.
This. Whale sharks resemble whales in more than size; they live on plankton and krill.
Not near as dissapointed in that as I was seeing "bobcat" when I was exploring Dun Muroh (sp?), and looked and it was just an exact copy of a their "lions". Was hoping to see a cool looking bobcat, with the ear tufts, and stronger hind quarters and other features of a bobcat.
And to think Ghostcrawler used to be a Marine Biologist >.<
Azerothian Whale Sharks swim with an up and down tail motion--obviously. :P haha

And eat people... and our Earth whale sharks, too probably. :P
In most computer companies, the folks who work in customer service has not authority and little ability to even communicate with the engineers or art department. They're just there to be a public voice and take frontline heat from the public.

So Ghostcrawler having a background in biology doesn't likely have any bearing on what comes out of Blizzard.

Heck, the fact that he even gets to see the patchnotes and is even told what's coming next for WoW, and even is told what's in the game currently; makes Blizzard an extremely rare exception to the rule. If he has actual input, its almost enough of a rarity to call Guinness World Records.
Are we to believe that this is some sort of... heh... magic whale shark? I sure hope someone got fired for that.
12/07/2010 10:31 PMPosted by Dinai
In most computer companies, the folks who work in customer service has not authority and little ability to even communicate with the engineers or art department. They're just there to be a public voice and take frontline heat from the public.

So Ghostcrawler having a background in biology doesn't likely have any bearing on what comes out of Blizzard.

Heck, the fact that he even gets to see the patchnotes and is even told what's coming next for WoW, and even is told what's in the game currently; makes Blizzard an extremely rare exception to the rule. If he has actual input, its almost enough of a rarity to call Guinness World Records.

Ghostcrawler is actually developer. He's not a mouthpiece like the other CMs you usually see. I believe he's the Lead Systems Designer. So he's kind of a big deal. :P
Whale Shark has asked me to let you know that it is displeased by your tone, and to deliver the following message:

Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

12/08/2010 1:28 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Whale Shark has asked me to let you know that it is displeased by your tone, and to deliver the following message:

Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

most excellent
ROFLMAO!!!

All I heard was gurgle gurgle standing here on the nice sandy shore.
You'd also think GC would have told them that whale sharks are harmless....they mostly eat very small animals and are not known to attack people.
12/08/2010 1:33 AMPosted by Jayken

All I heard was gurgle gurgle standing here on the nice sandy shore.

During beta that would not have saved you. If you aggroed Whale Shark, he would swim through the ground or air to get you.