Make WoW hard like Wildstar please.

Games, Gaming and Hardware
1 2 3 5 Next
I just started playing wildstar and it is fantastic,

Things I like:

1. everything seems hard once again. even low leveling content.
2. There are lots of mobs that require you to have a group to kill, even if you outlevel the area.
3. dungeons are brutal and actually require a group to pay attention, no faceroll or pulling multiple packs here.
4. dungeon bosses are also not easy and fall over in 2-3 min.
5. There is actually an element of exploration in this game like there was in vanilla wow and its amazing.
6. I could go on, but ill just stop here so i can get back to playing. ATTUNEMENTS ARE BACK! OH YEAH!
I couldn't be more excited for that.

So to TLDR,

I wish wow put all these things back into the game like it used to be.
They seem to be going that route with WoD so I am excited about it ( atleast more than mop and cata LOL), I will be playing WoD, and wildstar hopefully. I just have done most things in this game and 95% of the content is faceroll easy outside (heroic raids/high end pvp) they take dedication and i wish that principle extended to other features of the game.

Please blizz, dont fail us and make WoD another faceroll xpac. I like the route you seem to be going for it. Stay that way and don't cave into pressure, make the whole game hard again please.
You do realize that a hardcore game like WildStar isn't exactly sustainable since it appeals to the hardcore audience correct?

Blizzard learned that lesson with Cataclysm.
Your TLDR is longer than the list
Pandering to niche groups may work in television, sometimes but it won't work in video games.
06/06/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Samfisherr
2. There are lots of mobs that require you to have a group to kill, even if you outlevel the area.

Over a long period of time, this is actually poor design. See: Classic WoW and TBC.

3. dungeons are brutal and actually require a group to pay attention, no faceroll or pulling multiple packs here.
4. dungeon bosses are also not easy and fall over in 2-3 min.

Because the game is brand new and not properly tuned/balanced yet. See: Classic WoW and TBC.

5. There is actually an element of exploration in this game like there was in vanilla wow and its amazing.

Because the game is brand new. See: Classic WoW.

6. I could go on, but ill just stop here so i can get back to playing. ATTUNEMENTS ARE BACK! OH YEAH!

Over a long period of time, this is actually poor design. See: Classic WoW and TBC.

Conclusion:
Wildstar is a fantastic game for short term commitment.
Everything you listed can be explained because it is not 10 years old. It is new so of coarse there would be a sense of exploration and the leveling experience would be hard. Of coarse the dungeons would be hard because they are new and there is no way for you to out gear them already.
So, let me get this straight:
People complain WoW is too hard to level in, so Blizzard makes lower levels easier through a variety of means.
Now you're complaining that it's too easy?
Please blizz, dont fail us and make WoD another faceroll xpac. I like the route you seem to be going for it. Stay that way and don't cave into pressure, make the whole game hard again please.

WoW was never hard. That's why it was popular from the start. People could play, have a life and still progress.

If Wildstar has what you're looking for, play Wildstar.
Wildstar ain't hard, it's just new.
06/06/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Belleris
Wildstar ain't hard, it's just new.

That and it's overrated
06/06/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Feldonahue
Your TLDR is longer than the list
06/06/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Cocoa

WoW was never hard. That's why it was popular from the start. People could play, have a life and still progress.

If Wildstar has what you're looking for, play Wildstar.

^ This... exactly. If you like Wildstar (and I won't begrudge you that), then go and play that. Stop trying to change this one into your view of fun.
06/06/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Torrin

Cataclysm hard is that a joke?
I really like wildstar as well but since wow has a system that already works it will most likely never change again.
06/06/2014 02:25 PMPosted by Nathreim

Cataclysm hard is that a joke?

The heroics were hard at the start and everyone cried that they were too hard. Then when they got nerfed, everyone cried that they were too easy.

Anyways, if you want a game to be challenging like Wildstar, then go play Wildstar.
You do realize that a hardcore game like WildStar isn't exactly sustainable since it appeals to the hardcore audience correct?

The devs made it like that on purpose. They don't intend to have a casual fan base.