What the Aliance get.

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
06/12/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Bachì
Not confirmed, only hinted at stormwind FINALLY being rebuilt after it should've been rebuilt at the start of MoP just like Orgrimmar.
Was Orgrimmar broken?
06/12/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Koryn
Not confirmed, only hinted at stormwind FINALLY being rebuilt after it should've been rebuilt at the start of MoP just like Orgrimmar.
Was Orgrimmar broken?
Construction finished in 5.2, then there was a bunch of expansion out to the Dranosh'ar Blockade and Bladefist Bay.

Org was actually razed to the ground during the elemental invasion, but it was completely rebuilt off camera.
Oh. I see. Was Orgrimmar razed in-game? Or were there just little fire animations all over buildings and stuff?

The stuff that they built in 5.2 and 5.3 is probably gonna be gone now, destroyed when we did SoO. I hope we destroyed some big metal spiky orc buildings so they get replaced with cool troll buildings like you see in Revantusk and Sen'jin Village. Those are cool buildings.
But most alliance fans do not care about these things, they want Danath to return and restore his homeland and they want the forsaken to pay for their crimes in Gilneas. Every thing that happens in Dranor will be quite meaningless to either the Horde or Alliance.
I remember when datamining revealed a file that pointed to a restoration of Stormgarde and every ally fan was supper happy, until blizz said it was just a placeholder.
06/12/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Koryn
Oh. I see. Was Orgrimmar razed in-game? Or were there just little fire animations all over buildings and stuff?
It was briefly mentioned in a book. That's it.
06/12/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Tomislavv
Every thing that happens in Dranor will be quite meaningless to either the Horde or Alliance

A major problem with Alternate Universe and Time Travel plots.
But most alliance fans do not care about these things, they want Danath to return and restore his homeland and they want the forsaken to pay for their crimes in Gilneas. Every thing that happens in Dranor will be quite meaningless to either the Horde or Alliance.
I remember when datamining revealed a file that pointed to a restoration of Stormgarde and every ally fan was supper happy, until blizz said it was just a placeholder.

Yeah, just what we need, more human lore.
06/12/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Lena

Anything not-Stormwind is fine by me.
06/12/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Lena

I wouldn't mind if it was anything but Stormwind.
Yup troll thread, go back to general please.

Not a troll thread....

In a lot of the PVE servers the Aliance playerbase has grown to hate the horde playerbase thus turning the community toxic.

I was simply trying to prerform damage control to keep the RP playerbase from becoming Toxic as well...

I was trying to show that the Aliance is getting as much love as the horde.

WoD does much for the horde mainly Durotan and the chance to rebuild their orc poulation that was devistated due to the civil war by recruiting draenor orcs into their fold.
06/12/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Darstine
06/12/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Koryn
It was briefly mentioned in a book. That's it.
I see. If it's just a little mentioned bit in a book, then that shouldn't have anyone being like "Orgrimmar's been rebuilt twice, Horde bias" (the aggressive, spiky Cataclysm version could be what they rebuilt it to after it was razed when Garrosh was in charge), then any minor changes they make for Vol'jin's term in office.
Org wasn't razed.

There was a fire during The Shattering novel where the shaman were having difficulty handling the fire element because it was wild with fear, ostensibly because of the upcoming Cataclysm.

That was the point where Thrall decided it was time to go back home Draenor and also decided it would be a GREAT idea to leave Garrosh in charge. The redecoration he did was supposedly to PREVENT another fire outbreak.

As such the Orgrimmar redesign was simply to depict the fact that the Horde, or the orcs, were now ready for war and raring to go.

And I'll be blunt and go on record as saying that while I agree with wanting to have development shared between the races I'm glad that they haven't shown the fact that the Exodar is repaired ingame. Because immediately following that the next whine that a certain Draenei player will come up with is "Why are they still on Azeroth".

It's one thing to want your part of the faction developed. But a completely other thing to develop a hatred for your own side because of the lack.

I'm fairly sure most Alliance fans (remember, this is the General Forums crowd we're talking about) don't even know who Danath is and don't give a rat's behind about Stormgarde. You know, like none of them cared about Theramore until it was exploded.
Because immediately following that the next whine that a certain Draenei player will come up with is "Why are they still on Azeroth".

This was answered in Velen's short story, Draenei were contemplating it until Anduin blessed Velen with his choir boyness.
It's one thing to want your part of the faction developed. But a completely other thing to develop a hatred for your own side because of the lack.

I'm still confused as to why it's bad to not like humans. Why does playing draenei automatically mean I have to love humans? There was no agreement upon starting WoW that said, "you must love every race on the faction your favorite race is on."

Because immediately following that the next whine that a certain Draenei player will come up with is "Why are they still on Azeroth".

Why they're still on Azeroth is obvious, why they're still Alliance instead of neutral is not.
06/12/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Gàborn
Yup troll thread, go back to general please.

Not a troll fthread....

In a lot of the PVE servers the Aliance playerbase has grown to hate the horde playerbase thus turning the community toxic.

I was simply trying to prerform damage control to keep the RP playerbase from becoming Toxic as well...

I was trying to show that the Aliance is getting as much love as the horde.

WoD does much for the horde mainly Durotan and the chance to rebuild their orc poulation that was devistated due to the civil war by recruiting draenor orcs into their fold.

Your motivation is commendable. Your argument is just flawed.

The toxicity that you see is a byproduct of feeling like they are getting screwed over in favor of the Horde. It generates some resentment for the one who gets the favored position. It is basic psychology. And Blizzard has created that environment. Many people do see the problem and do not direct their frustration towards the Horde Players, or at least try not to. The problem with the general forums is a lot of people go there TO stir up or participate in drama. Here there is a smaller % of that a more who truly care about the lore. Kind of a sample bias.

The truth is, the Horde have gotten more attention and more effort. It is sad, but true. Until the Alliance start taking a place at the front of the story and starts getting real attention, the feelings the last couple expacs have stirred up wont change. And, while there is some promise with the next expac, there is a LOT of risk that it will be a Horde centric expac again. So, there is a lot of worry. You can't diffuse that with a few inaccurate arguments. Blizzard will have to step it up. If they do give the Alliance the attention it needs, the level of frustration and anger will naturally go down. Something Blizzard needs to address.

And, a point of note: Lore forums is NOT role playing forums. Many of us regulars do not RP. Just saying.

06/12/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Zophor
And I'll be blunt and go on record as saying that while I agree with wanting to have development shared between the races I'm glad that they haven't shown the fact that the Exodar is repaired ingame. Because immediately following that the next whine that a certain Draenei player will come up with is "Why are they still on Azeroth".

Umm....no reason for them to leave. The settled for a long time on Draenor. Why would they not settle on Azorath now that they are welcome. They have a home now.
06/12/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Lena
I'm still confused as to why it's bad to not like humans. Why does playing draenei automatically mean I have to love humans? There was no agreement upon starting WoW that said, "you must love every race on the faction your favorite race is on."

You didn't read the fine print, did you?

The Alliance races must all bow down to their superior human mast- leaders and the Horde races were warned that they are secretly part Orc so all of their themes were going to have spikes. Spikes on spikes. ALL THE SPIKES LOK'TAR O-forget it.
06/12/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Neeber
The truth is, the Horde have gotten more attention and more effort. It is sad, but true. Until the Alliance start taking a place at the front of the story and starts getting real attention, the feelings the last couple expacs have stirred up wont change. And, while there is some promise with the next expac, there is a LOT of risk that it will be a Horde centric expac again. So, there is a lot of worry. You can't diffuse that with a few inaccurate arguments. Blizzard will have to step it up. If they do give the Alliance the attention it needs, the level of frustration and anger will naturally go down. Something Blizzard needs to address.

See here is the clincher. I think a lot of Horde player do get where the Alliance playerbase is coming from. The problem seems to be the reverse very often doesn't seem to be true.

To the Alliance player, the Horde got more attention and effort. To the Horde player that was solely to set up the Horde as the target for a raid. The villains always get more development. Every troll tribe in WoW is fleshed out more than the Darkspears are. Think about it, almost every character we have had introduced horde side in the last two expacs has either already been killed of as a villain or has become a villain. The rare exceptions seem to be the likes of Dezco, the momumental failure, or Ji, who barely has a presence in game except to show the orcs as jerks and be an example of why you shouldn't join the Horde.

That room in the SoO were you have a bunch of NPCs run in and hold a point just after Malkorak? We had Dezco, Shokia (who it turns out is a traitor), and bloody Riko! That stupid monkey was the best they could come up with as a noteworthy NPC.

And that's the clincher. The Horde got more attention and effort that it didn't actually want. Its like having someone brake your arms and then being told that we are so lucky that we got more attention. If the Alliance wants that 'attention and effort' your more than welcome to it. Im more than done with it. Its already left the Horde as a wreck of a faction. If their solution to slaughtering all our own orc characters is to try and replace them with AU orcs I'm going to be seriously disgusted. That would be monumentally !@#$ty storytelling on a new level.

As for Frostfire and Bladespire, my problem with these two isn't snow. Its that Frostfire is a frozen and barren wasteland and that Bladespire is a filthy and dingy oversized hovel. Great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
1. We get the Park back

2. We get KHADGAR a mage so powerful he could probally put Jaina to shame.

3. for our main base we get the temple of Karabor AKA the Black Temple, in a very beautiful uncorrputed Shadowmoon Valley

We get to fight both Ner'Zul and Gul'Dan two MAJOR chars in the Warcraft storyline.

So what if the horde get a motorbike .....we get a lot more.

1. They said MAYBE on the park being fixed. No garantees. I do not have high hopes.
2. Khadgar is going to be Thrall Neutral. However, I do not have high hopes and where this may lead.
3. Karabor is currently being redone. Can't say what is going to happen yet.
4. Both sides will fight Gul'dan and Nerz'hul.

I am coming into WoD with extremely low expectations. I don't even expect to be impressed with what we get just yet till I hear what might be appealing.
06/12/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Khuen
The Alliance races must all bow down to their superior human mast- leaders and the Horde races were warned that they are secretly part Orc so all of their themes were going to have spikes. Spikes on spikes. ALL THE SPIKES LOK'TAR O-forget it.

What if I want LANTERNS on everything?