Monks OP?

Monk
Where do people get the idea that monks are OP? Are these people talking about mist weaver monks. From a Wind walker perspective if we were truly op wouldn't we be all over the ladders? Here is a list of the current rating :

RBG : The first windwalker doesn't show up till #864
2vs2 : #14,23,29,60,84
3vs3 : #101,353
5vs5 : #168

Maybe I'm just getting trolled but I honestly think were just pretty balanced class where others might not be as balanced so they consider us OP?
Do you play class X?
If yes, then class X is OP.

Do you play class Y?
Class X and class Y are OP.

Whiners will whine. Though Windwalker is (very much so to my knowledge) the best spec 1v1 so a lot of people will probably argue about that.
WWs are OP as they are nearly impossible to kill 1v1, and even outnumbered they can still come out ahead with stupid burst damage, heals, and yea. MWs can be dealt with, but a 550 WW monk is a !@#$ing ball of death dude.
Monks are situationally OP imo

Personally I still struggle with what to do to counter the leg stun/FoF/Blanket kick 100-0 through barkskin/rejuv they do every min or so in 3s. The only class I can honestly just die from at any point if my team mates cannot peel them. Cant really kite them either, their roll has a longer range than my blink or even lock gate.

I faced one WW that tunneled me the entire match and would actually beat me to the other side when I took gate. Fun.
Majority of players play sub 2k and alot of 2s. There is nothing wrong with that of course. But if you think of it from their perspective monks do seem op. Top rated players know how to shut it down but it may not be that simple at lower mmrs or random bgs. People seeing us top ourselves, having an immunity on a 1.5 minute, and 2 trinkets is op in the eyes of others because they dont know how to counter it. So i you cant really blame people for thinking this way.

Monks are OP 1v1 and 2v2 imo though. I dont think they are op outside of those brackets
Guess that other thread didn't work out for you, huh? Go on, cry to your monk buddies. There's no way you're in denial at all.
there's plenty of comps that ww is garbage vs, mostly because they're ridiculously easy to peel
06/11/2014 09:20 AMPosted by Vish
WWs are OP as they are nearly impossible to kill 1v1, and even outnumbered they can still come out ahead with stupid burst damage, heals, and yea. MWs can be dealt with, but a 550 WW monk is a !@#$ing ball of death dude.

Thats completely situational. If a good rogue catches me off guard and alone in a BG i'm going to lose because I don't run with healing elixirs talent and stand on 3 balls.
06/11/2014 09:56 AMPosted by Lawlfall
Monks are situationally OP imo

Personally I still struggle with what to do to counter the leg stun/FoF/Blanket kick 100-0 through barkskin/rejuv they do every min or so in 3s. The only class I can honestly just die from at any point if my team mates cannot peel them. Cant really kite them either, their roll has a longer range than my blink or even lock gate.

I faced one WW that tunneled me the entire match and would actually beat me to the other side when I took gate. Fun.

Ok heres how to kite a monk, Step 1, torrent something, doesn't really matter what, just have a bunch of seeds so it floods your entire bandwidth. Step 2, play wow, you're a druid so just shift randomly and you'll be entirely immune to the monk class. P.s. Displacer and roll are the same distance. lock gate is potentially 2.5x the distance of roll.
06/11/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Makeshift
Majority of players play sub 2k and alot of 2s. There is nothing wrong with that of course. But if you think of it from their perspective monks do seem op. Top rated players know how to shut it down but it may not be that simple at lower mmrs or random bgs. People seeing us top ourselves, having an immunity on a 1.5 minute, and 2 trinkets is op in the eyes of others because they dont know how to counter it. So i you cant really blame people for thinking this way.

Monks are OP 1v1 and 2v2 imo though. I dont think they are op outside of those brackets

I'm honestly curious, if a class ends up being pretty bad by wow standards (generally any class can do enough damage to kill) would it naturally be considered OP simply because doing well on a bad class requires longer cc chains etc/better play in general. If its say a 2k warrior, vs a "2k" monk.. the monk is likely a more skilled player, and its more like a 2k vs. 2200 matchup or something.
06/11/2014 09:20 AMPosted by Vish

Lol? Where the hell you get burst damage? A WW is no where near bursty damage...you must be thinking of a paladin.

To the OP, I have no idea where this op notion is coming from. Ive played WW and MW...not tried BM yet but I can tell you a MW is definitely not op. They have some severe mana issues, so much so that any reforging guide will tell you to pretty much reforge everything to spirit and even if you are comfortable with mana usage that you should at least reforge half to spirit. The other side of the coin there is that their mana pools are soo much lower than other healing classes. Monks rely heavily on needing to use mana tea to replenish mana at a faster rate with a lower pool. This is counter intuitive to older content that may need a healer for an achievement or something such as in Ulduar when your mana regen is effectively frozen, forget the monk better bring a shammy.

Because MW need to reforge so much toward spirit they lose quite a bit of effectiveness. As for WWs, meh they have their moments. At times they can be pretty strong, in terms of equally geared though unless the player knows how to effectively move around and strike they arent going to win. In any case unless they win 100% of the time all the time to me they arent OP.
06/11/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Tyiako
Guess that other thread didn't work out for you, huh? Go on, cry to your monk buddies. There's no way you're in denial at all.

The rogue tears follow me
Who's crying? You made a whole new thread to nurse your ego. But keep ignoring game mechanics.
06/14/2014 04:38 AMPosted by Zhenzhu
To the OP, I have no idea where this op notion is coming from. Ive played WW and MW...not tried BM yet but I can tell you a MW is definitely not op. They have some severe mana issues, so much so that any reforging guide will tell you to pretty much reforge everything to spirit and even if you are comfortable with mana usage that you should at least reforge half to spirit. The other side of the coin there is that their mana pools are soo much lower than other healing classes. Monks rely heavily on needing to use mana tea to replenish mana at a faster rate with a lower pool. This is counter intuitive to older content that may need a healer for an achievement or something such as in Ulduar when your mana regen is effectively frozen, forget the monk better bring a shammy.

Monks have "severe" mana issues? My combat mp5 is roughly that of a heroic mw monk for pve. Monks have great mana return. The problem is, players have severe mana management issues. If you're in a arena and you wait till 10% to start drinking mana tea, well no $#!% you're having mana issues. Mana problems is a l2p issue and not the class.

06/14/2014 04:38 AMPosted by Zhenzhu
Because MW need to reforge so much toward spirit they lose quite a bit of effectiveness. As for WWs, meh they have their moments. At times they can be pretty strong, in terms of equally geared though unless the player knows how to effectively move around and strike they arent going to win. In any case unless they win 100% of the time all the time to me they arent OP.

I get I shouldn't hate on my own class but in certain aspects we are OP. How much more effectiveness do MW Monks need? You won't kill me in 3s unless you put me in a CC chain till next spring. I'm not crying nerf but if you are going to QQ about a class that needs to buffed, atleast QQ about something that matters like, utility and how easy we are to be put into a CC chain.
Guys stop we all know that monks are op lol....you just do not want blizzard finding out but really.....blizz does not read this.....i was playing 1600+ witha friend and i ran over my partner died both 600k hp i had around 560k i popped karma and dpsed the other dude did a 145k kick then 40k crit punches with a 80k chi wave heal 4-5 times idk about you but healing is good and then ran off when my cat dps the hunters down.....
O.o when we can easily beat unholy death knights in blood pres I'll admit we're op! Until then, we are all just equally skilled :P
06/10/2014 07:08 PMPosted by Papa
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/community/

All I see is like everyone playing human.

And blizz still doesn't nerf EMFH :P