Feral Druid in Arenas

Druid
Does anyone else have the problem of taking damage as feral in pvp? I have 611k hp and only 3 pieces shy of prideful, and i get dropped like a mage with PVE gear. Anybody have any hints to help me? I dish out the damage but once they turn on me I dont have a chance in hell, even with Heart of the wild doing rejuv on me.
Ferals just squishy. Wait until the KFC's tunnel you all day every day.
It's a lot of opener and keep bleeds up, bear form and defenses. But it also heavily depends on your comp too.
Use glyph of barkskin, don't pop all your defensive CDs at once, dispersion/bubble if you have it from symbiosis, ask your teammate to peel for you, use HoTW to heal yourself and your teammates if needed, root and kite. Also, I don't know if renewal is your best option in that talent tier, but play whichever you like best.

Good luck
take out glyph of ferocious bite, you should hardly ever be using FB in pvp. Use glyph of bark skin instead.

you have inexplicable gem choices. only your chest and boots are gemmed right. never gem agi/pvp power unless you'll get an agility socket bonus from it.

don't use renewal, and take heart of the wild if you're having trouble living. HotW + PS HT + Cenarion ward + rejuv is a lot of healing.
06/16/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Krayik
Ferals just squishy. Wait until the KFC's tunnel you all day every day.

The joy :/
06/16/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Tènken
Does anyone else have the problem of taking damage as feral in pvp? I have 611k hp and only 3 pieces shy of prideful, and i get dropped like a mage with PVE gear. Anybody have any hints to help me? I dish out the damage but once they turn on me I dont have a chance in hell, even with Heart of the wild doing rejuv on me.

Just don't take any damage to begin with.

Blizzard gave you great mobility. Use it to stay behind melee opponents where they can't hit you, and to LoS casters.
06/17/2014 08:32 AMPosted by Hibernator

Blizzard gave you great mobility. Use it to stay behind melee opponents where they can't hit you, and to LoS casters.

Guess you haven't had a warrior applying hamstring off the GCD while his hunter snares you with conc shot and the chim shot snare.
06/17/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Krayik

Guess you haven't had a warrior applying hamstring off the GCD while his hunter snares you with conc shot and the chim shot snare.

If only there were some way that druids could break snares.

W/E the abil called that roots an attacker on you. Nature's Grasp.
Travel form Feral charge towards pillar around pillar toss up heals and so forth.
LoSing is great when you're able to do it, but good teams will lock you down when they're going for a kill
06/17/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Hibernator

Hamstring is off GCD, Chim applies a snare whenever it crits, and they have concussive shot, and if you ever make room, you'll get charge stunned anyways.

06/17/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Cmhiten
/quote]
W/E the abil called that roots an attacker on you. Nature's Grasp. Travel form Feral charge towards pillar around pillar toss up heals and so forth.

Warriors tend to spell reflect that since it takes a minute before it activates, then they'll just intervene out of the root.

If a warrior wants to sit on you, they'll be on you. You have to get through his intervene, charge, heroic leap, and healer's dispel to make space. Outside of a hard CC, that's just not happening.
06/17/2014 11:29 AMPosted by Krayik

Hamstring is off GCD, Chim applies a snare whenever it crits, and they have concussive shot, and if you ever make room, you'll get charge stunned anyways.

06/17/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Cmhiten
/quote]
W/E the abil called that roots an attacker on you. Nature's Grasp. Travel form Feral charge towards pillar around pillar toss up heals and so forth.

Warriors tend to spell reflect that since it takes a minute before it activates, then they'll just intervene out of the root.

If a warrior wants to sit on you, they'll be on you. You have to get through his intervene, charge, heroic leap, and healer's dispel to make space. Outside of a hard CC, that's just not happening.

Weird. It's almost like everything in the game has a counter. I wonder if that was accidental.

I don't have a problem killing warriors and hunters. Maybe it's not the spec.
06/17/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Hibernator
his post was about surviving against them, not his ability to kill them
06/17/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Zvf

Also Krayik seems to be talking 3s, where as Hibernator is talking 2s or bgs.
Many of the warriors charges and leaps are goo at long ranges, but they don;t work at medium range. Kinda like set form while charge. Kite at a medium range. Use the Nature's grasp Glyph and get a root every 15 sec.
06/17/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Hibernator

did he not say

a warrior applying hamstring off the GCD

If only shifting was off the GCD.
Feral is one of the least squishy classes in pvp. You have 4 major defensive cds(dispersion/bubble, Ursoc, SI, HoTW heals) + barkskin. You should pop 1 of those defensive cds whenever your opponent is poping their offensive cds. You also have mobility to kite whenever your opponent pops offensive cds.
06/17/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Zvf
06/17/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Hibernator

I see. The difference between him and I is that I kill the enemy while he simply takes damage and dies.

As a DPS, our best defense is a strong offense. You don't get LotP or PS heals by running away. And they can't kill you if they're dead.