Druid changes.. I just want to vomit

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
06/14/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Predatoria
Symbiosis

Good get rid of that broken ability
06/14/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Beornhilde
All the druid nerfs are happening because they are too strong when doing things not of their current specialization. I don't have a real answer for any of these outside the ones I mentioned, only speculation. But I imagine hibernate and scare beast are being removed because they are fairly situational abilities in PvP. And WoW is balanced around that.

Yeah but here's the problem, druids don't have 100% of whatever class their spec takes after + a bunch of other stuff. They have the very basic mechanics of other classes without any of their fluff which is filled in by their ability to do things from other specs.
Don't have a druid at level cap. Still bothered by a lot of this. Seemed cool that druids could do so much. Worry about my own class. Don't take dark bargain away from us :(
I feel like there leaving us with less abilities then we had in vanilla.

Which is in all honestly terrible.

We are supposed to be a versatile class with animal based utility- hence the forms. But not necessarily a master of anything we do over other classes. A competitive one? yes.

Should a feral druid out-tank a port pally or a blood DK- no. But the ability for us to go into bear for a few moments when the tank goes down- is something we shine at. All this pruning really takes away that which made us unique. Instead were literally the "try it all- then make a new character of what you like best" class.
The travel form change is probably the dumbest, most pointless change I've ever seen Blizzard call about the class.

Why on Azeroth would I possibly want to shift into bird form "just because I can"?

It's kind of insulting, it's like they think we aren't smart enough to know "wat form werks bestest in watter?! deer sux when wet!!"

RIP cheetah dancing and spinning in town, and giving rides to friends or lowbies. I hope the derps appreciate what they "gained" by hurting the rest of us.

06/14/2014 08:37 PMPosted by Frayta

This was my first thought, but I don't play feral, so I didn't want to "assume". You had moonfire, tranq, etc and access to Nature's Grasp at the top of the boomkin tree for example, if you wanted to take it. So yeah, you're losing some of what you gained after Classic, and a lot of what you had during Classic.
All your questions as to "Why?" can be answered with the following statement:

Reducing button bloat and CC.

Please be aware that they're going to rebalance PVP and PVE around these lost abilities, they simply haven't even begun that process yet.
I remember playing at release (as a druid.) Hybrid classes were outclassed by pure classes across the board. They were a weak clone of pure specs with a bit of interesting but not earth-shattering utility thrown in. There was no PvP and there were few raid spots that desired them. A token druid was taken for innervate for the real healers. And so on.

This feels like a shift back to that paradigm, at least until there is a round of compensatory buffs. Last game I played with this dynamic was EQ1, and it was positively terrible. Hybrids should be viable and classes unique. Hell, hybrids go back to the beginning of D&D/Wizards of the Coast. Homogenization is not the answer.

Unless Wow is going console. I thought that was a crazy insane and stupid theory at first, but now that I see the desperate push to prune to a handful of buttons, I'm not so sure.
06/14/2014 08:41 PMPosted by Fauxpaw
All your questions as to "Why?" can be answered with the following statement:

Please be aware that they're going to rebalance PVP and PVE around these lost abilities, they simply haven't even begun that process yet.

That's what I'm' hoping for, but I still want to make sure to express my discontent with this current build.

Right now we have about as many abilities as we had in vanilla.

06/14/2014 08:41 PMPosted by Fauxpaw

you realize that it's not button bloat if half the abilities can only be used in a specific form, each of which has its own bar, right?

Should a feral druid out-tank a port pally or a blood DK- no

Yes because Feral Combat should be a spec again, one that can both tank AND dps, competitively, in both roles, like in Wrath-Early Cata

_____

But the thing is, you kinda have to realize that druid is THE keybind-heavy class going into it. You don't say "hmm, let's roll up a druid! Wait why are there so many abilities?"
06/14/2014 10:09 PMPosted by Morthra

you realize that it's not button bloat if half the abilities can only be used in a specific form, each of which has its own bar, right?

I want to emphasize this for everyone. I use abilities like Moonfire, Entangling Roots, and Hibernate, yet they do NOT cause button bloat, because they aren't on my Bear action bar.

As a druid shifts from form to form, they have different action bars for each. There's no point in having these spells on my Bear Form action bar because they can't be cast in bear form.

My primary Bear action bar has 5 buttons as it is. There's nothing to prune from bears.
It really is disgusting what they are doing here for Druids and shamans both.
06/14/2014 08:33 PMPosted by Etienne
Don't have a druid at level cap. Still bothered by a lot of this. Seemed cool that druids could do so much. Worry about my own class. Don't take dark bargain away from us :(

be afraid, be very afraid....Dooh, did I just fear a lock. :)
These changes have got to be an April fools joke.. maybe Blizzard forgot to set their calendars?
I'm not worried. People get too emotional sometimes.
06/14/2014 08:04 AMPosted by Predatoria
That's exactly why I wrote this post. To express my extreme distaste with the current list of changes.

I have to agree though. A lot of the changes are pretty stupid in all honesty. As druids we have always been able to somewhat rely on our other specs to some degree. Taking out a ton of spells like this will just server to destroy the class's unique feel. I can understand some of these, but entangling roots, tranquility, and many of the bear form abilities.

It must be brought up though, WHY THE F REMOVE BEAR FORM ABILS FOR "OPENING SPOTS"?!?!?! Ummm you guys DO realize bear form comes with it's own bar right??? I man your predecessors who created vanilla wow had a great idea where you changed forms and suddenly your main bar changed! You might try it! Now I understand bear form for a guardian having more abilities, but reducing our bear form to like 2 abils? seriously??...

06/14/2014 10:14 PMPosted by Tewa
As a druid shifts from form to form, they have different action bars for each. There's no point in having these spells on my Bear Form action bar because they can't be cast in bear form.

My primary Bear action bar has 5 buttons as it is. There's nothing to prune from bears.

As someone on druid forums said...
06/14/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Thestevesalt
not sure if still hybrid class.
This is a bad joke.
06/14/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Felryn
Your tears are delicious.

Rogues are not fairing much better..
06/14/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Jzekali
Unless Wow is going console. I thought that was a crazy insane and stupid theory at first, but now that I see the desperate push to prune to a handful of buttons, I'm not so sure.

I don't think WoW is going console. I do think that two high-profile competitors have come out in the last few months, ESO and WildStar, and both of these have massively simplified action bars and abilities available for any given time. I think that this, combined with the reasons that they have given us, are the real culprits here. I mean, it's true -- for many classes, a lot of abilities are highly situational and/or are usually macro'd together with other abilities in order to save action bar space. As a hunter, I certainly know all about that, and I don't even use a lot of macros compared to high-end PvP'rs and raiders. I just have a tiny few that greatly help my QoL.

So yeah -- the wider trend in MMOs is toward simplification; and WoW being the great big hulking ancient behemoth of an MMO that it is, some of these cuts/consolidations are gonna hurt.
06/15/2014 07:38 AMPosted by Wolfar
So yeah -- the wider trend in MMOs is toward simplification; and WoW being the great big hulking ancient behemoth of an MMO that it is, some of these cuts/consolidations are gonna hurt.

And as a result tick off many in the playerbase in the process and maybe prompt them to leave for other games.

I feel blizz are shooting themselves in the foot.

06/15/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Derathon
The vast majority (99.5%) of the player base is PvE.

I use Barkskin as part of a defensive rotation which allows me to have 3 c/ds covering abilties happening every 45 seconds. It's been vital in heroic raiding to do this. It's been vital in w pve too with some creatures hitting like trucks.