Libram of Light: A Holy Paladins' Guide (6.2)

Paladin
Prev 1 5 6 7 21 Next
\o/
Horde or Alliance?
If I go there, probably alliance. I'm still fielding some ideas from friends and such as well. =3
Andrasté - great thread - thanks for all your hard work and diligence on this. This is one of the best discussion threads that I've seen - even with the disagreements that only provide more useful info :-).

I was hoping for a discussion in your initial post, or for a discussion later in this thread about gemming, including thoughts on what gems to use for the different builds up to a certain ilvl, and then how gemming might/should change after achieving higher gear. Could you add that to your original post or post yours (and others') thoughts on that issue in response to this?

Thanks kindly!
Haha thanks.
I've been meaning to add a bit about different builds for awhile now. I'll post something about it tonight or Sunday. I'm not in town right now so I like to keep things short when on my phone. =p
I got to Pandaria yesterday. And urgh, it tempted me so much to switch to ret or prot to quest as. When I first got in there, denounce was hitting for ~9500 non-crit, mobs have 135k health. I was running out of mana if I had to kill 2-3 packs of mobs. Any named quest objective, which always have more health, was taking agessss to kill. But I'm sticking with holy! I'm hoping with a bit of dungeon gear it'll make it a little smoother.
Dear god... You're a true hero to Paladin-kind.

In a related note I will post something about Alternate builds [primarily Haste] within the week. I've been kind of busy and won't/didn't have as much time as I thought I did.

Edit: I forgot to mention my new Paladin is on Windrunner Alliance. Andrasté is her name.
boas or no boas Andraste?
08/10/2014 05:52 PMPosted by Divium
boas or no boas Andraste?

This. And are you going to be doing holy levelling too?
I shudder at the thought of no BoA's and doing what I've been doing lol
Absolutely no BoAs, and as Holy. I also plan to refrain my augmenting my armor with the Auction House.

My goal/intend is to capture a real sense of how a new player interested in Holy would get by just questing.
08/10/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Andrasté
Absolutely no BoAs, and as Holy. I also plan to refrain my augmenting my armor with the Auction House.

My goal/intend is to capture a real sense of how a new player interested in Holy would get by just questing.

Shuddering intensifies

It can't be as brutal as leveling a Paladin in vanilla but good luck try to have fun and take pictures.
08/10/2014 06:02 PMPosted by Divium
It can't be as brutal as leveling a Paladin in vanilla but good luck try to have fun and take pictures.

Ugh PreBC was bad...
I would stream it but I'm not in a great position to do that at this point in time. I am logging my entire experience and will post my journal on a weekly basis.
Will be interesting.
I found the gear distribution while questing for plate int/spirit gear sucks.
RN Jesus forbid it's not a PvP server
08/10/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Andrasté

Shuddering intensifies

Never levelled a pally until TBC (only played Horde through vanilla) but levelling ret was bad enough in TBC. Had to stop and drink after every 3 or so kills
08/10/2014 06:15 PMPosted by Klutarie

Shuddering intensifies

Never levelled a pally until TBC (only played Horde through vanilla) but levelling ret was bad enough in TBC. Had to stop and drink after every 3 or so kills

I never thought it was bad because it was the only class I played in TBC
Well apparently mana is a serious issue until level 10. My first death was pretty dramatic in Fargodeep Mine. And it's primarily because of ooming.

That and you don't get a heal till 9.

Edit: I fought my first rare and went oom and had to kill him with just auto-attacks. I almost died as well.
Edit2: So any special named mob or occasion when I fight 2 mobs at once I oom and almost die. =3
Fun times ahoy!
shame we don't get to see a video of the epic fight between you and gold tooth
Moved Amp trinkets section, added Alternate Build section. [they're just above the addendum and disclaimer]

Also....
08/10/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Divium
shame we don't get to see a video of the epic fight between you and gold tooth

I wish I would have streamed it, or at least recorded it. It was the most intense thing ever.

Edit: After writing the Crit section I want to try a Crit/Mastery build in 25m now = (
Andraste my guild asked me to heal Heroic Blackfuse tonight :(

Any tips would be appreciated I don't feel ready... I hate heroics soooo much

Edit: I declined the offer.