Aquatic form changes/requests.

Druid
While blizz is messing around with all the travel forms, it's time to address some issues and add some features to everyone's favourite form.

1. It would be especially nice if breaching the surface of the water didn't cancel aquatic form. Just touching air does not mean I no longer need to swim quickly. Sometimes you need to travel across shallow atolls. And sometimes it's nice to jump from time to time. It alleviates boredom and the monotony of travelling. And even being a seal on land should be an option. Maybe not for orca or other non-forms, but seals travel on land, perhaps limited to walking speed, the way the Sea Turtle mount can only go at normal running speed.

2. While WoW has a lengthy list of emotes there are none (0) for aquatic form. No /mountspecial, no barrel rolls, no flips, no seal clapping, nothing. Cat, Flight, and Travel can /mountspecial, bears dance, flight form does flips, and all the rest have some kind of sit form. It would be nice to have some kind of barrel-roll, a back-roll, a flip while jumping, a /play emote that swims in a figure 8 underwater or flips on its back at the surface and plays with a clam, and a /sleep emote where the druid rests on its back in a bed of seaweed. Orca could roll, flip, and /breach.

3. Dolphin form. Plox? (Technically, Orca are dolphinidae, but I mean the bottlenose kind.)

4. Tauren = walrus. Because tusks. Even though I suppose the current model looks like a sea cow.

Actually it would be nice to have a large array of options and racial models. Pleiosaur and shark trolls. Dire seal worgen. Night Elf merfolk, where only the legs transform. Penguins. Otters. Octopi. Manta Rays. Turtles. Squid. Angler Fish. Heck, even a large clam or a crab can swim quite quickly and would be a blast to have. It would be a lot of work to add each model & emotes for it all at once, but you could slowly roll out new forms with patches.
I don't know, it's pretty low on my priority list considering I'm quite satisfied with Orca form.

I'd much rather see Shamans get some love for Ascendance considering it is still a place holder.
I really don't get considering the amount of aquatic animals in the game why there aren't more glyphs for it. I'd like to see glyphs for crocodile, shark, turtle, frog, octopus, eel, squid, and large fish!
06/24/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Thorbuli
2. While WoW has a lengthy list of emotes there are none (0) for aquatic form

Oooh, I would promote that!
And I always thought aquatic form should come with a rideable glyph!
06/24/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Thorbuli
It would be especially nice if breaching the surface of the water didn't cancel aquatic form

yes.
I feel forced to take Glyph of the Orca, because the standard aquatic form is so UGLY!
What is that supposed to be? A manatee/orc hybrid?
06/25/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Nimeria
I feel forced to take Glyph of the Orca, because the standard aquatic form is so UGLY!

Thats how i feel about the stag...
The cheetah's pretty ugly, too. Someone has a fetish for Batman jawlines.