Help me to enjoy warlock

General Discussion
06/30/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Cryptrot
Something is wrong with your gear. I was well aboe that at 570 and even now my base CB is over 1mil.

Go up to a Dummy, pre-cast Chaos Bolt.

I have 126% Mastery and close to 10k Crit rating. I'm not even using the Haste build, but the Crit build which is targetted to bigger, but slower, Chaos Bolts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Ellendore/advanced

06/30/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Cryptrot
At my gear it's above 3mil (I think my high score in a raid is 3.5mil; would have to go back over a few weeks logging.)

My record is 7.6M personally. Trinketed, CoE, 30 stacks of those slime debuffs in SoNT. Between that and the Shadowburn that followed, I think I 2 shotted the boss.

You're right btw, Ember Master is the 4pc T16, not the 2pc. Got those mixed up.
All right progress update. Almost got my felguard... the doofy looking axe demon with the chunky pants.

Its going ok... but I think I figured out why I like it less that warrior. Its because I am not tanking.

I can't get used to being backrow and kinda passive, waiting on the tank to initiate things. Feels like I am playing support.

Even solo the whole class feels so "hands off" Like I am just the manager and I sign some papers and the fight gets taken care of elsewhere.

Is it just me?
06/30/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Fox
Is it just me?

Yeah.

Fire&Brimstoning whole rooms into ash is quite "hands on".
The only real warlock spec is affliction
Yeah but you aren't actually hitting anything with your hands.
06/30/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Fox
Yeah but you aren't actually hitting anything with your hands.

The fire is coming out of my hands before it melts half the continent away.
Destro is about hardcasts. If you don't enjoy hardcasting, try affliction. Maybe roll a mage?

If you don't have a rogue, I can't recommend enough that you play a rogue.
If you are looking for a faster paced spec for warlocks, Destruction is for you.

I personally don't care for it as it doesn't feel like I would want a warlock to feel(commanding demons, cursing enemies and using forbidden knowledge) and play demonology but demonology is pretty slow. 2.20 second cast time shadowbolts are boring.
I can certainly try rogue. I have this monk and I figured it was just about the same thing only more fragile and less options for dual spec.

Is there more to it than that? (Assume I never pvp, because... well... I never do)
It's all about timing and control. Lots of moments of high intensity stabbing. Some moments where you bide your time waiting for your energy/procs.
Destro Warlock is pretty awesome. Id say just stick with it, should get better later on.
2.20 second cast time shadowbolts are boring.

2 second + anything is boring. I quit playing Fire Mage because of it. Heck give me 1 second cast times and cut the damage in half. Boom, Boom, Boom now that is fun.
I can help you enjoy your Warlock in two easy steps.

Step 1: Acquire an outfit like I have.

Step 2: Put on the outfit.

You will be enjoying your Warlock in no time!
Well one thing lock has going for it is brutally awesome transmog options.

Shame there are so many robes. I wouldn't mind a pair of actual pants that matched my hat and shoulders...
Demonology always felt clunky to me. Destruction is tons of fun.
Belasco are you named after Castlevania II?
Edit: Comments canceled. Unsubscribed.
06/30/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Fox
All right progress update. Almost got my felguard... the doofy looking axe demon with the chunky pants.

Its going ok... but I think I figured out why I like it less that warrior. Its because I am not tanking.

I can't get used to being backrow and kinda passive, waiting on the tank to initiate things. Feels like I am playing support.

Even solo the whole class feels so "hands off" Like I am just the manager and I sign some papers and the fight gets taken care of elsewhere.

Is it just me?

Get the major Glyph called Demon Hunting. You turn your warlock into a mini-tank and then just have your Fel-guard and imps do the damage. It takes a while to get the engine going but once I got a good group of imps on my tail I can usually things at a good pace. I only ever died a few times and that was due to the elites you encounter in Thousand Needles that are just incredibly strong without the assistance provided by the quests in that area.

Keep in mind though if you exit Dark Apotheosis you lose all your Demonic Fury.
I just got my lock to 90 and am trying to gear him so I can get that green fire. Hes Destro and it is absolutely a blast. So much fun to just melt things.