Why is changing of the cities a big deal?

General Discussion
Actually trying to understand here

Edit: not trolling, i just fail to understand why people would want the cities in a desolate area, as opposed to ashran.
0/10
they changed the cities to ashran...

who cares? You can still visit the other zones, the portals just aren't there.
People enjoy to make mountains out of mole hills.
I guess my question is what did karabor/bladespire offer that ashran doesnt?
Because Karabor is beautiful and draenic and Bladespire is... um... really orcy. Meanwhile, the Alliance camp is just a generic human keep with human buildings. You know, just like the garrison. And pretty much every Alliance base in the game, because Alliance means "humans and their unimportant allies." (Same with the Horde and orcs, but at least orcish architecture on the orc homeworld makes a little more logistical sense.)
06/27/2014 08:39 PMPosted by Pearsjr
I guess my question is what did karabor/bladespire offer that ashran doesnt?

A nice place to RP for us role players?

Lore?

A reason to visit those locations in the first place?

Something other than Fort Copypasta? That we've been stuck with since 2004?
Because Karabor is beautiful and draenic and Bladespire is... um... really orcy. Meanwhile, the Alliance camp is just a generic human keep with human buildings. You know, just like the garrison. And pretty much every Alliance base in the game, because Alliance means "humans and their unimportant allies." (Same with the Horde and orcs, but at least orcish architecture on the orc homeworld makes a little more logistical sense.)

what this guy said.
But you can still visit there

IMO i liked the neutral cities better, esp. dalaran sewers
06/27/2014 08:43 PMPosted by Pearsjr

Oh yes, just like everyone visits Exodar, Silvermoon, Gilneas, oh yes!

#SaveKarabor2014
#SaveBladespire2014
People enjoy making a big deal out of trivial things.
Yeah, I don't understand it either. You can still go there, you can still Rp there, you can make your home there, blah blah. And who's to say those generic buildings will be in the final product? They can obviously change it before the game drops. All this outcry is ridiculous if I do say so myself.
06/27/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Athelarius
06/27/2014 08:43 PMPosted by Pearsjr

Oh yes, just like everyone visits Exodar, Silvermoon, Gilneas, oh yes!

#SaveKarabor2014
#SaveBladespire2014

Actually, since they won't have banks or auction houses or nothing, it'll be more like "Hey, you can still visit Gilneas!" Come to think of it...why don't more people hang out in Gilneas?

Oh right, because it's an empty waste of a zone!
If you want to find out i would recommend not reading the thread as dumb as that sounds. 80% of posts are just people demanding things and threatening to cancel pre-orders and subs. Its a real mature way to go about providing feedback as they are calling it. It started on a good not and then went downhill fast just like the flying in WoD threads.

Now watch the horde of them come in and down vote all posts in here, once again showing their maturity.
because it makes no sense
06/27/2014 08:37 PMPosted by Pearsjr
they changed the cities to ashran...

who cares? You can still visit the other zones, the portals just aren't there.

This keeps being thrown out there but I don't think you seem to understand the point. We're trying to save them from becoming the new Gilneas.
I'm gonna sneak into your cities and kill all you scrubs when your flagged!! muahahaha
06/27/2014 08:33 PMPosted by Pearsjr
Actually trying to understand here

Edit: not trolling, i just fail to understand why people would want the cities in a desolate area, as opposed to ashran.

Um, have you seen Ashran? It looks pretty desolate. How is Karabor in any way desolate.

Nobody in this thread besides Atun has given a real good explanation, and even that was incomplete. The reasons are as such:

1: The lore doesn't make sense.

We just ended a major war against the other faction, and are now at peace. Ashran kind of breaks that lore. (Either because there's a new war starting and the Alliance should crush the Horde as per Varian's threat, or the factions are engaged in a deadly struggle that for some reason DOESN'T restart the war.) If it's not related to questing we can kind of ignore it. If the capitals are there, it becomes impossible to do so. This is especially problematic because lore was the cited reason for the change.

2: Cities are easy to be raided.

Personally, I'm not super concerned about it, but apparently in some servers the Shrines are constantly raided so I guess it's an issue for some.

3: Too Generic.

The Ashran capitals are just normal Orc/Human fort buildings (with the updated textures, which I think the Garrison shares). It's nothing special. The lore has already focused on Orcs/Humans a lot in recent times. Also, these capitals are freaking called Warspear and Stormshield. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4: Coolness of the other capitals.

Bladespire is a giant Ogre fortress with a massive bridge. It's unique and cool looking. Karabor is the freaking Black Temple before the fall. The lore and environment surrounding it is amazing. With this change, it's unlikely to have reason to return there. (and without flying mounts would be annoying to do so.)

5: It's unnecessary.

One compromise is to have both the Ashran and the other places serve as capitals, with Ashran more focused on PvP and Bladespire and Karabor more PvE focused. This would make everyone happy. Blizzard hasn't responded to this yet.

6: It's Friday.

Blizzard doesn't post over the weekend, because like most places of business they are (mostly) closed on weekends. People are making an active effort to keep the issue alive in order to keep it on the front page of the forums and in people's minds for Monday, when they might respond.

7: Forced-flagging

This is actually a non-issue, due to confusion about the capitals being at a location that was previously PvP-only. This is the only point Blizzard has addressed (that Ashran is instanced and the capitals aren't), but many people haven't seen it.

8: Lazy design

A barracks on top of a hill. A dock on the rear of the fortress. Walls. A single bridge connecting it to the island. Tents. Now, am I talking about the Horde capital or the Alliance capital? You can't tell, because they're mirrors. Karabor and Stonespire are completely different, and that was cool! Mirrored content isn't.