Massive amount of TCG pets flooding markets

Customer Support
Prev 1 4 5 6
Except in the past, this exact same question in this exact same location has gotten a response other than report your suspicions and move on. So while he isn't guaranteed to get any sort of detailed response, history would indicate he might.
07/06/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Yindar
Except in the past, this exact same question in this exact same location has gotten a response other than report your suspicions and move on. So while he isn't guaranteed to get any sort of detailed response, history would indicate he might.

History says that they will tell him to report his suspicions using one of the venues previously given.
Except if you go back a few pages in this thread and read the link posted blues have in fact in this very "Customer Support" forum admitted compromised accounts were involved in something. So it is possible that it can be the case again. And as stated about 15 times now, that is what I'm looking for. To know if these things have been compromised. If I don't get a response that is fine as well, but I just wanted this thread out there to be seen WHILE I used other methods to draw attention to it such as the hacks reporting email that was listed earlier and reporting some of these things in game. I'm limited in what I can put in a ticket due to space and I can't use the report a character in game function as they are not online long enough.

You guys are just repeating the same thing over and over and you can keep doing so all you wish, fact is, NONE of you are blue posters so I will just keep waiting for monday.
07/06/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Thunderwulf
07/06/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Yindar

History says that they will tell him to report his suspicions using one of the venues previously given.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004043730?page=2#21
read post 21 where blues confirmed compromised accounts. Go ahead, read it. You are telling me that blues will not admit compromised accounts when it has happened in the past. Sure they will also say to report it using other methods but they also told people it was compromised accounts. So, get over yourself, please. You've been proven wrong multiple times now.

Edit: All I want is the confirmation from blues, I know they will say to use various methods to report these things which we are doing. We just want something to go on from a blue so we know the problem is there.
07/06/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Faelar
07/06/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Thunderwulf

read post 21 where blues confirmed compromised accounts. Go ahead, read it. You are telling me that blues will not admit compromised accounts when it has happened in the past. Sure they will also say to report it using other methods but they also told people it was compromised accounts. So, get over yourself, please. You've been proven wrong multiple times now.

Edit: All I want is the confirmation from blues, I know they will say to use various methods to report these things which we are doing. We just want something to go on from a blue so we know the problem is there.

From your quote:

"so the best I can say - again - is if you see someone who appears to be cheating, use the in-game systems to report."
07/06/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Faelar
All I want is the confirmation from blues,

So put in a ticket. This isn't a one-on-one with blues here and the SFAs here are not GMs.

But if I'm reading your OP correctly, you've already been told that they're legit and not duped.

Edit: All I want is the confirmation from blues, I know they will say to use various methods to report these things which we are doing. We just want something to go on from a blue so we know the problem is there.[/quote]

All they did say is there is no duping that there could be a number of these items that have come from compromised accounts not that they are from! Gold sellers will do anything to get gold to sell. They will lie, cheat and steal anything.
Which is fine, if they are from compromised accounts we want to know that. That's it. You guys can yell all you want about reporting it on X spot. I'm hoping for a blue response which has been given in the past to similar issues. All you guys are doing now is just bumping the thread up for me, so thanks.
07/05/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Faelar
I put in a ticket about a few of these sellers and talked to a blue, they claimed these pets are legit as previous duped items could not be listed on the AH but these have valid ID codes and the codes do not change when caged or in the pet journal.

Unfortunately, because the word "dupe" is so commonly used by players in conjunction with these items, when discussing the issue with someone reporting or inquiring about these items it is often used in response to avoid confusion. Much like we may use "ninja", because we understand what you mean, even if you may not have full clarity on the issue.

To clarify, these items are not "duped" in the traditional sense (i.e. player doing something themselves in order to create a copy of the first item).

These items are obtained through exploitative means. Additional details will not be available as we do not need to exacerbate the issue further by advertising the different methods used.

My question is this: Are they finding a way to introduce tons of these pets into the market through some sort of error in the TCG code redemption system?

There are tons still out in the market, but no, there isn't an error in the TCG code redemption system.

Is there something going on causing crazy numbers of these pets to show up?

Beyond that they are popular? They are often obtained through fraudulent or exploitative means.

Is there anything going to be done about this? Because frankly this CRUSHED a number of pet markets and really took the wind out of the sails of some of us pet traders/collectors.

There seems to always be an assumption that because something exists that we either do not know about it, don't care about it, or aren't doing anything to address it. Because there is crime, does that indicate that the police departments aren't doing what they can to address it? No, of course not.

*Tons and tons of random named characters posting these pets only logged for a very brief moment so you can't even target them to report them as cheating before they are offline again thus the Report a player system can not work because they are not logged on.

Most of these folks are advertising in public chat though, and like any other advertisement from a potentially exploitative contact using the "Report For: Spam" would be a viable option.
07/05/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Faelar
They confirmed over a year ago there were compromised accounts involving spectral tiger cubs.

You may be under the impression that using compromised accounts to exploit is a new thing, it is not. That is part of the procedure in most cases because it is easier to compromise an existing account than it would be to start a new one. There are far too many protections in place to make that a viable practice.

It used to be that an account was striped of everything useful and then used for just spamming gold advertisements or other phishing contacts. That still happens but they also use the accounts to farm or otherwise exploit the game as long as they can before getting caught.

The key is to report those who you believe may be selling illicitly obtained items. We still do what we can to find and deal with those but the reports help in that process a great deal.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.