Very few people doing pet battles...

Pet Battles
I'm enjoying messing around with the pet battle system, but I just started not even a week ago. I've been doing the quest line as I'm doing quests on my new priest.

Why are there very few people that are doing the pet battle portion of the game? Maybe blizzard should add rewards, like extremely valuable armor/weapon to people who get to a certain point doing pet battle or maybe have pets have their own unique buffs that add to the player. For example, a Snake adds +1 agility for every level it has to the player.
Pokemon....nty

Edit: Well i did try it i just jumped levels

Beat higher levels then caped the pet

1 to 6
6 to 11
11 to 17
17 20
20 to 21
07/29/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Koopsta
Why are there very few people that are doing the pet battle portion of the game?

I wasn't aware this was the case.

I rarely run into someone who doesn't have numerous pets leveled up and camping spots for rare pets are always occupied...

It's a solo activity so perhaps it's not apparent to you, but it is a very popular feature.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/

Come on in ^_^

We are a fun bunch~!
It's a mini-game.

Most people don't dedicate themselves to it but do it on the side.
Like; I work on leveling pets while questing and for lesser charms.

...I still haven't done the Celestial Tournament.
Initially I was very active with pet battles, collecting hundreds of pets and am currently sitting on over 200 lv 25 pets. However, I haven't messed with it for months. I'm guessing it was the collecting part that attracted me and now that I've gotten most of the interesting pets my interest has waned.
07/29/2014 02:01 PMPosted by Hippeaux
07/29/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Koopsta
Why are there very few people that are doing the pet battle portion of the game?

I wasn't aware this was the case.

I rarely run into someone who doesn't have numerous pets leveled up and camping spots for rare pets are always occupied...

It's a solo activity so perhaps it's not apparent to you, but it is a very popular feature.

Yeah, it is a solo activity so it is really hard to figure out just how popular it is as a player. I personally do it in spurts. I'll pet battle a ton for like a week and then not do it again for 2 months at which point I do it non-stop for a week. I like it more than I thought I would to be honest but it isn't something I am always in the mood to do.

Edit: I hope they add more features like pet battles on the side. This game needs more content outside of instances.
I saved pet battles for this part of the expansion and am having a great time. However, I'm not into PvP whether avatar to avatar or pet to pet.

I see other people out and about battling, especially at places like for the Minifernal.

But most of the people I know have already been there/done that and are either taking breaks or doing other things.
I loved it at first, but now it's the same pets over and over. Everyone is using the same pets, doing the same moves, or using three of the same pets and spamming those moves. It got old very quickly.
I love it but I don't do it often cause I have to kill some of them (like when they BAF)...wish there was a way around this, even if its less xp for the pets.
I keep meaning too.. but.. there's all these charts to learn, etc.

It's like PvP... except the rewards are more nebulous. Frankly if I could get the Arctic Fox on the AH, I'd not do it at all.
I keep meaning to spend time on PvP Pet Battles, but whenever I'm online on my desktop computer, it always feels like there's something else I'd rather be doing with my character. If there was an app to do PvP pet battles on my account for my iphone though, I'd totally be doing it more often. That's something I'd love to see them come out with.
I'd rather get 11 toons with legendary capes than spend one second on pet battles.
just not that interesting imo. i collected a few, and i think the highest i got was lvl 10, but meh
I've been on a huge pet battles push lately.

My big complaint about pet batles is that it's only fun once you've beaten everything.

By that I mean that leveling pets is fast and easy once you can do the Pandaren Master and Pandaren Spirit dailies. But prior to that, leveling up a battle pet (even on level 25 wild pets) is phenomenally slow and boring.

So yeah. It's GREAT fun once you're done. I'm leveling up a stable so I can do the Celestial Tournament, and it's amazingly easy. But the 2 year grind before that was boring as hell.
I assume some people I know do pet battles.

However, the whole concept had zero interest to me much like the Farming minigame they added into Wow.

I hope they never add armor or anything PvE related to try and force people to do them.
I have a blackfuse bombling that's level 12. I need to get to level 12 to learn it so I can get it cross server to sell. I, like, can't bring myself to do it. It's so boring. Highest I ever got a Battlepet was like 8.
There's only one pokemon!
I do them on occasion when bored and do get a few that intrest me on the shop but haven't gotten one past level 15 or 16