pet battle n00b here... questions

Pet Battles
When lvling up pets, is it better to have all 3 fight in one battle or do they all share the XP with each other when you win?

Also, what are some overpowered pets that I should go after? I have 3 pets right now and they are all blue rares. How about the epic pets? Are they the best?
Pets only gain XP if they took part in the battle.
If you take one into a fight and don't actually use it, it won't gain any XP.

Useful website - http://www.warcraftpets.com/

You can find some top rated pets and tons of info right there.
yea but will they share xp? if I only use one pet per battle, will he gain more xp than if I used 2 or 3 pets?
08/02/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Koopsta
When lvling up pets, is it better to have all 3 fight in one battle or do they all share the XP with each other when you win?

There's a fixed amount of XP for any particular pet battle, and that XP will be shared amongst the pets who are under level 25 and have taken part in the battle.

A pet can gain XP if you just switch it in for a turn and then switch it out unless it's your opening pet.
The opening pet must make a move to get XP. If it can't move because it's been stunned or whatever that still counts.

If the pets who took part in the battle all die any remaining pets will gain the experience despite not having taken part.

Also, what are some overpowered pets that I should go after? I have 3 pets right now and they are all blue rares. How about the epic pets? Are they the best?

The epic pets you may have seen around Pandaria if you have a leveled up toon are not catchable. They are just for fighting in the Beast of Fable quests.

Two great pets you can get easily that will still be useful later are Cornish Rex Cat and Yellow Moth, both in Breed 4 or P/P. They are only a few silver from vendors (Wowhead will show you where) so you can keep buying the moth until you get the right one. A Widow Spiderling (P/P) from Duskwood is also a lot of fun as it heals itself while chomping down critter pets. A Tiny Harvester, caught in Westfall, a crab a frog and a turtle - all available in low level areas, and you have a decent beginner's collection.

Darkmoon Faire starts today, and you can catch a Glow Fly and a Crow there, both of which will prove valuable.

If you can get prize tickets together to get yourself pets from the faire, get the Tonk and then the Zeppelin.

Use whatever trainers you can access each day to help with leveling, and battle heaps of wild pets both to level and to find new rares. You can keep catching pets of a higher level than your team and swapping them in, in order to get a level 25 team fast. Once you have some self-healing, critter-eating level 25s, and your Yello Moth, it's easy to go back to your favourites and level them up fast in the Valley of the Four Winds.
08/02/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Koopsta
if I only use one pet per battle, will he gain more xp than if I used 2 or 3 pets?

Yes.
If you used all three pets then the XP would be divided among them.
cool thanks, I'm just gonna solo my low lvl pet then so he can gain more xp and lvl up faster