is noxxic good site for builds pve?

Paladin
topic. also is 50k dps normal for ilvl 518? (was doing 2nd SoO lfr)
No. Elitist jerks if you feel like reading a lot. Icy veins if you feel like reading.. somewhat less.

For your dps.. 50k on what? Galakras? The entire 4-bosses-plus-trash instance? Your gear is set up extremely poorly, for whatever reason, but on a straight stand still and dps boss like Iron Juggernaut or Malakorok, your gear is capable of quite a bit over 100k.

Read the icy veins guide. Fix your gear accordingly. Use a reforge/gemming website.

Get CLCret. There is a link for it on the icy veins guide. Fix your rotation accordingly.

Do SoO LFR2 or 3 and only look at your dps for the two bosses I mentioned. Not trash, not the other bosses.
Everything Cayse said. Noxxic is terrible, never use it, tell that to all your friends/family/random passers by. We still have far to many people recommending it sadly.

Alternatively to EJ and Icy Veins there is a good Retribution guide right here on the Paladin forums if you prefer.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833
Was Noxxic ever a good source of information for... well, anything? Serious question.
08/06/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Drugsrbadmmk
topic. also is 50k dps normal for ilvl 518? (was doing 2nd SoO lfr)

No and No.

08/06/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Nuline
Was Noxxic ever a good source of information for... well, anything? Serious question.

... and No.
@ Nuline it's a great example of a poor site for class guidance.
Noxxic is like being in math and giving the mostly-right answers and never showing your work.

They definitely got answers for everything, and most of the time they're right (but most of the time is not good enough) but there is zero context. No explanations, no reasoning.

But it is at least above preach gaming's youtube channel that says just gemming strength is close enough and sanctified wrath isn't really better than the other options.
Just checking. I went on hiatus around Firelands, and came back for SoO. It wasn't a thing before that hiatus, and it's been pretty universally bashed since I came back.
08/06/2014 02:46 PMPosted by Nuline
Just checking. I went on hiatus around Firelands, and came back for SoO. It wasn't a thing before that hiatus, and it's been pretty universally bashed since I came back.

I'm fairly sure Noxxic was a thing back then, that was actually worth using.

Now it's just trash. Seems like the person running the site got bored of it or something.
Friends don't let friends use Noxxic.
You can go to Askmrrobot.com and choose your realm,type in your toons name,and then after it pulls you up,click "optimize" and it will tell you what to do to improve your gear. You will be replacing a lot of it soon,so at least gem and enchant your SOO gear. I would reforge,gem and enchant everything,but not everyone would do it so early in gearing.

If you don't want to use CLCRET ,which is the best for teaching your rotation(I used it and it was great,but I know I kind of tunnel visioned in on it too much) ,at least get the Bitten's SpellFlash addon from Curse.com,it's free and it flashes the spell on your screen when it's ready to use. It will at least remind you to keep inquisition up.

Good luck and hang in there.
08/06/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Nuline

Web Design.
08/08/2014 03:52 AMPosted by Orleans
You will be replacing a lot of it soon

Never assume the RNG mistress will smile on you and always optimize what you've got. You don't know how long you'll have it for.
Can anyone explain why Noxxic is so bad? I've been using it for quite some time, and it's never let me down. Then again, I'm not in a hardcore-serious-you-better-be-the-best raiding guild. So for us "casuals" I think it's a good site to use as a reference.
04/24/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Paeleus
Can anyone explain why Noxxic is so bad?

They barely explain anything, provide extremely simplified priority lists(which means they inevitably leave out crucial 'small' details), and live in a vacuum of their own space and mind. It's right often enough that they gain fans, but without 'showing their work' as Cayse put it earlier, it's hard to escape that feeling of "why would I trust this site when every other site on this topic is much more comprehensive?"

To the point, Noxxic takes the very base of the spec, and then ignores everything else and throws that at you. It's overly simplified to the point even 'casuals' suffer. IMO, anyway.

Also I have no idea where they get their dps rankings from except their own !@#.
Because the information they give is inaccurate, ranging over the years from "just slightly off" to "they have to have a serious agenda in making certain specs be played poorly" and at some point, you just have to tell people that. The moment something gives you bad information it always let you down, whether you know about it or not, and whether you notice it or not.

For example, Noxxic's stat priority is Strength > Mastery >= Multistrike > Crit >= Versatility > Haste, where while the order they are written in is probably not specifically wrong, the denotations of magnitude sure as !@#$ are. For talents, it simply gives a single "this is correct" set of talents, which due to ilvl scaling and tier bonuses, is not correct. Even at the specific non-tier gear levels where FV/empS is "the best" the difference between a number of other choices is margin with some of the others being far easier to play, meaning the average person will often do better with them.

The only recommended glyph is double jeopardy, while the glyph of templar's verdict is "optional." EmpDS' position in the rotation is.. well, wrong. That's simply not even debatable. It's just wrong. It says to use your exorcism procs immediately, which again, is wrong. And with their recommended level 100 top talent being empS, and their rotation describes it as a "passive buff when you judge, execute your rotation as normal" is mindblowingly wrong.

Casual does not mean you shouldn't play correctly, it just means you probably don't want to read a huge article... but most guides aren't that long. tbh, most of them are actually shorter than Noxxic's.
As a casual normal level raider you could sit your cat on the keyboard and dangle a toy over it and come out with loots.

So in that regard any random "rotation" will work well enough.

Problem with Noxxic is that half the info was correct 5 patches ago, and the other half never was. In some circles it is suggested this is done on purpose, so that the player who reads it will fail and is then forced to patron one of the gold sellers that are advertised on the site.
necro pliz
Hi, me from last summer! What are you doing here?