most disturbing things in WoW's lore

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
im interested to hear your opinions on this. theres a lot of messed up in this world(of warcraft), and i want to hear what you think is the worst. personally, malygos' forcibly mating with/ brainwash of the lady who killed his consort. i love malygos as a character, but...um....really, man?

edit because "forcibly mating" as a single word is bleeped.
There are a few instances of "forcible mating" in WOW. The worst was in vanilla burning steppes where the ghost of Sha'ni a troll girl was _____ed to death and had her nose ring ripped out and worn by her abuser.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Krom%27Grul

There's a lot of horrible and cruel things in WOW but the one I always found the cruelest was the Alysrazor Hatchling buff:

Imprinted – Upon hatching, Voracious Hatchlings imprint on the nearest player. The hatchling only attacks that player, but they gain 1000% additional damage against the hatchling.

So a baby bird sees you as it's mama, and when you hit the baby it takes 1000% EMOTIONAL DAMAGE. "Mama! why are you hitting me! I love you mama, please I'm trying to be a girl girl, stop hitting me I love you!"
What happened on the Aldor rise in Unbroken.
How the Alliance cried out Horde favoritism, and Blizzard took them seriously, creating stuff like SoO and WoD

http://youtu.be/56R3hU-fWZY?t=1m17s
08/06/2014 09:09 PMPosted by Lena

What happened on Aldor Rise?
08/06/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Flizzro

Give you a hint.

it rhymes with sloth.
08/06/2014 09:32 PMPosted by Delurk

Give you a hint.

it rhymes with sloth.

Cloth?

Orcs raped, tortured, then killed draenei priestesses.
08/06/2014 09:09 PMPosted by Lena

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/short-story/unbroken/2#readmode

Search for "aldor" and read for yourself.

I'd quote the important bits but I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't get in trouble for posting material like that.
08/06/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Khuen
I'd quote the important bits but I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't get in trouble for posting material like that.

How dare you post something from Blizzard on Blizzard's website.

People like you disgust me.
08/06/2014 09:40 PMPosted by Delurk
08/06/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Khuen

How dare you post something from Blizzard on Blizzard's website.

People like you disgust me.

Don't judge me.
Draenei women and children were tortured and theorized to be raped as well. The orcs then slit their throats and threw them down Aldor Rise like worthless meat.

Another cry immediately followed, however, from some distance away and above: the sound of a terrified female.

Nobundo turned and was greeted by a sight he would never forget, no matter how hard he tried from that day on.

The entire expanse of Lower City, lit by the moon and ambient firelight from above, had become a dumping ground for the bodies of the butchered draenei. And though the rain had stopped, the corpse mounds were still slick with vomit and blood and every manner of waste.

Nobundo’s heart withered at the sight of children among the dead. Despite their youth, many of them had bravely volunteered to stay with their parents, who knew all too well that the orcs would be suspicious of a draenei city where no children dwelled and would hunt the last of their kind to extinction. Still, a part of Nobundo hoped and prayed with all his might that the remaining children could be defended, that they would stay safe in the hiding places that had hastily been dug into the mountains. A foolish hope, he understood, but one he clung to nonetheless.

Could anything be more senseless than killing children?

Again his ears were assaulted by the screams of a female, accompanied by taunts and jeers. The orcs were celebrating, reveling in their victory. Looking up, he pinpointed the source of the noise: high above, jutting out from the cliffs of the Barrier Hills, the draenei had built Aldor Rise. There the orcs were torturing some poor female draenei.

I must try to stop them.

But how? Alone, with a broken leg, one against hundreds… one who had been abandoned by the Light, armed with only his hammer. How could he stop the madness unfolding above?

I must find a way!

Frantically he crawled over the corpses, slipping in the fluids, shutting the putrid stench and raw viscera out of his mind. He worked his way around the outer circle of Lower City, toward the base of the cliffs, where the wall met the mountain. He would find a way to climb up there. He would…

The screaming stopped. He looked up to see shadows silhouetted by moonlight. They carried a still form to the edge of the overlook and then swung, tossing the lifeless cargo down into the depths. It landed with a dull thud not far from where Nobundo lay motionless.

He crept forward, looking for any signs of life from the female… Shaka, he determined her name to be when he drew close enough to see her features. He had seen her many times before, though they had only spoken on brief occasions. He had always found her pleasant and engaging. Now she lay battered and bruised, her throat cut, her lifeblood drained. At least for her the pain was over.
The most disturbing thing in WoW lore? I think it would have to be what we learn in Open Their Eyes

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28288#.
Wasn't Garona Halforcen a product of "forced mating"?
08/06/2014 10:46 PMPosted by Dranath
Wasn't Garona Halforcen a product of "forced mating"?

Yes.
thaddius is pretty messed up
So apparently hurting a few women and children is wrong, but killing millions of men is entertainment. You sexist ageists.
Much as I hate to knock my undead buddies, the forsaken campaign against the living is pretty disturbing. Even before Cataclysm they wholesale slaughter a bunch of farmers, experiment on a bunch of sobbing prisoners, lobotomize a woman, or murder and behead an entire family over a grudge, and post Cataclysm they somehow managed to get worse. They've reached the point where looking back at those acts, I long for them as days of relative forsaken moderation and sanity. Before anyone starts, yes they're not all bad, but at this point I'm of the opinion that the vast majority are.
A decent chunk of the Forsaken level experience is... questionable. There's a couple really messed up things you'll either do, see, or witness in those first few hours of playing a Forsaken.

That aside the Orc that was wearing the hides of skinned Worgen was pretty messed up.

Also remember that time we totally tortured a guy in Northrend? Good times!
The Arakkoa before they were corrupted.