most disturbing things in WoW's lore

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
08/09/2014 04:28 AMPosted by Lahgtah
08/09/2014 03:34 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Lets start with resurrecting the Scarlet Crusaders for the lawlz.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

The knights of the ebon blade keep to themselves mostly as they recognize that the undead have no reason to exist. Forsaken are all about death to the living while the ebon blade is more about using their dark powers to purchase a new dawn for the world, not for themselves like the forsaken, for the rest of the world.
Free willed Ebon Blade DK turning humans into zombies, and sending them to kill their friends and families, for the sake of cruelty:

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:From_Their_Corpses,_Rise!

It is not enough to end their miserable lives... I want them humiliated... debased!
What could be more unspeakable than to be turned into that which you hate? To dedicate your existence to eradicating a thing, and then in the end to become it?
While on the subject of the Ebon Blade, the unholy death knight instructor uses a captive cenarion scout for a combat demonstration, as i recall
08/09/2014 05:33 AMPosted by Grimgør
While on the subject of the Ebon Blade, the unholy death knight instructor uses a captive cenarion scout for a combat demonstration, as i recall
I did not know about that one. Yeah, that's fairly evil.

http://wowpedia.org/Lady_Alistra

Alistra summons a Cenarion Scout.
Cenarion Scout says: Wha... where am I?
Lady Alistra says: A druid! How curious... I wonder how it got in there.
Alistra starts attacking the druid and it enters Tree Form.
Lady Alistra says: Disciples... you will find with time that many healing spells fall victim to the degeneration of our strikes.
Alistra finishes off the druid.
Lady Alistra says: Some healers lack the knowledge to counter the diseases that we master.
Lady Alistra says: This lack of knowledge is just one more weakness among many. There is little hope against the power of death itself.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

uh, what torture?

wot?
08/09/2014 04:30 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Free willed Ebon Blade DK turning humans into zombies, and sending them to kill their friends and families, for the sake of cruelty:

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:From_Their_Corpses,_Rise!

It is not enough to end their miserable lives... I want them humiliated... debased!
What could be more unspeakable than to be turned into that which you hate? To dedicate your existence to eradicating a thing, and then in the end to become it?

How about the fact that they are a tiny subset of ebon knights who have been tasked with the destruction of the Scarlet crusade and are using their corpses to kill their foes faster. It is totally the same thing as keeping people alive and then lobotomize them so that you can have pets.

08/09/2014 05:48 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
I did not know about that one. Yeah, that's fairly evil.

http://wowpedia.org/Lady_Alistra

Alistra summons a Cenarion Scout.
Cenarion Scout says: Wha... where am I?
Lady Alistra says: A druid! How curious... I wonder how it got in there.
Alistra starts attacking the druid and it enters Tree Form.
Lady Alistra says: Disciples... you will find with time that many healing spells fall victim to the degeneration of our strikes.
Alistra finishes off the druid.
Lady Alistra says: Some healers lack the knowledge to counter the diseases that we master.
Lady Alistra says: This lack of knowledge is just one more weakness among many. There is little hope against the power of death itself.

TBF, that druid dumbly stepped into the wrong portal.
08/09/2014 05:49 AMPosted by Bladehymn
How about the fact that they are a tiny subset of ebon knights
08/09/2014 05:49 AMPosted by Bladehymn
TBF, that druid dumbly stepped into the wrong portal.

I give you props for your heroic efforts to whitewash the Ebon Blade's blatantly evil actions. You should RP your DK being part of their PR department.
08/09/2014 02:14 AMPosted by Delurk
08/08/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Viliwyth
Your character is rabed at one point of the MoP questline by the Mogu

Link?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30639#comments

One of the comments mentions the line about what is done with you at the end of the quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7__fj-Bn4 at about 4:30 in has the guy saying the line. (Video is... questionable quality but the line is spoken)
08/09/2014 05:56 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
I give you props for your heroic efforts to whitewash the Ebon Blade's blatantly evil actions. You should RP your DK being part of their PR department.

You notice that a tiny force of Ebon Knights are sent to fight a military force that vastly outnumbers them. They need to even the odds. That is completely different than lobotomizing people and keeping them as pets.

Regarding the UH trainer, she is as surprised as the druid and takes advantage of an opportunity to teach her students, dark and questionable-yes, not in the same league as capturing people and keeping them alive as experiments.
But then 4saken have a hot corpse for a leader, so they are all good.
08/08/2014 02:41 PMPosted by Rokora
The draenei genocide. All the events that precede the opening of the Dark Portal sicken me.

I share your sentiments, Rokora...

It actually has ended up ruining my ability to play Orcs; not because of the lore in that part of the story necessarily but...well, look at how Orc development has been treated now :/ its pretty disappointing really...

But yeah, that is probably the thing that disturbed me the most in WoW. Still does. Rape, too...sickening. I also didn't ever realize the Mogu did that to player characters in the GL dailies...and I did the entire damn thing on Ariiah. x.x

Not even sure what to think here at this point...bloody hell ._.
Let's get it straight that Unbroken never actually stated that any of the females were raped. Everyone who has ever said so has had their own imagination fill in the blanks. Is it possible? Certainly. But it's not explicitly stated so it cannot be said that is exactly what happened. It just said that they were tortured.

08/08/2014 11:52 PMPosted by Viliwyth
It's even straight up said they "have their way with you".

I was extremely unconformable with that, especially as a Roleplay. I mean, my character has just been -rabed- out of the blue. You can't just do that to your players.

"Oh hey, do this quest." All of a sudden you are captured and gang-raped. GG, Blizz.

Having one's way with someone does not preclude being raped. It can also mean beating and torturing. It means to have complete control over, to bereft control of someone's person. It just happens to have become synonymous with %@%#!#!!.
08/09/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Retsuka
Let's get it straight that Unbroken never actually stated that any of the females were raped

Garona's mother was, so its possible that more were raped.
08/09/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Edellea
Garona's mother was, so its possible that more were raped.

That wasn't just a random one off thing. Garona's mother was specifically bred with one of Gul'dan's warriors as an experiment.

As I said, it's possible, but it's not explicitly stated. It's also possible that human men forced themselves on orc women in the internment camps, but that's not explicitly stated either so it cannot be said that is what happened.
Let's get it straight that Unbroken never actually stated that any of the females were raped.

Blizzard doesn't like to use the actual word. There's an excerpt here about how there were women screaming as the Orcs cheered.
08/09/2014 12:52 AMPosted by Mystaerica
But seriously, free will, it's great, the Forsaken are great.

Gotta love them and their not-mind control. 8D

08/09/2014 03:34 AMPosted by Deathisfinal

Hey, it's okay if the Forsaken do it, right?
08/08/2014 09:49 PMPosted by Trilliam
08/08/2014 09:43 PMPosted by Gethrian
How did you do Cata then?

Huh? What are you referencing?

There are a few torture quests in the Cata leveling zones.
Having one's way with someone does not preclude being raped. It can also mean beating and torturing. It means to have complete control over, to bereft control of someone's person. It just happens to have become synonymous with %@%#!#!!.

So it's synonymous with ##@@!!*!, but they didn't use it to mean ##@@!!*!. They either chose the absolute worst statement to use or they knew exactly what it would imply.
08/09/2014 07:16 PMPosted by Khuen
So it's synonymous with ##@@!!*!, but they didn't use it to mean ##@@!!*!. They either chose the absolute worst statement to use or they knew exactly what it would imply.

Why would Blizzard imply your character gets raped, knowing how sensitive an issue that is for some and them being all about "we wanna make everyone happy"?
08/09/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Madelynn
Gotta love them and their not-mind control. 8D

Sylvanas is hot, so it is ok.

08/09/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Madelynn
Hey, it's okay if the Forsaken do it, right?

Yes, they only want hugs and cuddles

OT: During a Brawlpub match, we fight a quintet of plague gnomes who were once Gnomeregans finest. It kinda feels bad when the first one only wants to hug you. To be put in a deathmatch for the lulz after you give everything to defend your city is kinda crap.
The sum of all the nasty things the KotEB have done still don't top a few singular acts undertaken by the Forsaken, to say nothing of their actions viewed collectively.

The Ebon Blade may be dark, but that's still a few shades lighter than the Forsaken's pitch black. And at least the Ebon Blade don't try to pretend they're anything but a bunch of bad people who do bad things to other bad people, whereas the Forsaken revel in hypocrisy and narcissistic denial.

08/09/2014 03:27 AMPosted by Shiwu
Who cares? The Forsaken aren't misunderstood, they are evil. That is why I and many others like them.

The Forsaken fanbase is the number 1 consumer of White Wash brand Whitewash in the continental United States. Fact.
08/09/2014 09:28 PMPosted by Mystaerica
The Forsaken fanbase is the number 1 consumer of White Wash brand Whitewash in the continental United States. Fact.

Here is a fact for you. You are very arrogant and extremely rude to many people here and I am getting sick of it.
Another thing you have to remember is that it 'fades out'. I don't know if I'm just looking too much into it, or...