most disturbing things in WoW's lore

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5
08/09/2014 08:08 PMPosted by Retsuka
08/09/2014 07:16 PMPosted by Khuen
So it's synonymous with ##@@!!*!, but they didn't use it to mean ##@@!!*!. They either chose the absolute worst statement to use or they knew exactly what it would imply.

Why would Blizzard imply your character gets raped, knowing how sensitive an issue that is for some and them being all about "we wanna make everyone happy"?

You act like it's never been used before.
Why would Blizzard imply your character gets raped, knowing how sensitive an issue that is for some and them being all about "we wanna make everyone happy"?
I can agree with this. It would be weird for game that is generally pg-pg13 to suddenly have all 12 million players be gangraped by random low lvl mooks.
08/09/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
I can agree with this. It would be weird for game that is generally pg-pg13 to suddenly have all 12 million players be gangraped by random low lvl mooks.

Why would they use such a term then? Unless it's a case of writing just being plain bad.

I don't think it's far fetched, look how Blizzard gets us to like/dislike characters. They do things like this so we can hate the Villains. That's what Blizzard does. Just look at Thrall for an example of Blizzard trying to sway our view on characters..
08/09/2014 09:55 PMPosted by Shiwu
08/09/2014 09:28 PMPosted by Mystaerica
The Forsaken fanbase is the number 1 consumer of White Wash brand Whitewash in the continental United States. Fact.

Here is a fact for you. You are very arrogant and extremely rude to many people here and I am getting sick of it.

There is a feature on here called 'ignore'. But you'd be missing out on some of the best posts in this forum!
08/09/2014 10:09 PMPosted by Madelynn
There is a feature on here called 'ignore'. But you'd be missing out on some of the best posts in this forum!

I am very tempted to put him on ignore atm. I have no problem with people with different opinions than me. Lena and I disagree an a LOT of things, but I have respect for Lena because he/she has never been rude to me. But when people start going out of their way to insult others they have crossed the line.
08/09/2014 07:16 PMPosted by Khuen
So it's synonymous with ##@@!!*!, but they didn't use it to mean ##@@!!*!. They either chose the absolute worst statement to use or they knew exactly what it would imply.

Yeah, Blizzard is historically known for not thinking things through.
08/09/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Shiwu
08/09/2014 10:09 PMPosted by Madelynn

I am very tempted to put him on ignore atm. I have no problem with people with different opinions than me. Lena and I disagree an a LOT of things, but I have respect for Lena because he/she has never been rude to me. But when people start going out of their way to insult others they have crossed the line.

Just put Myst on ignore. It's generally not worth dealing with people that are insulting. Do they sometimes have interesting posts? Sure, but is it worth it in the long run if they bother you so much?
08/06/2014 11:00 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
So apparently hurting a few women and children is wrong, but killing millions of men is entertainment. You sexist ageists.

Killing an enlisted soldier in battle is better than killing/torturing/@***@!*%@% a defenseless civilian for no reason other than to 'revel in their victory'.
08/09/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Khuen
Just put Myst on ignore. It's generally not worth dealing with people that are insulting. Do they sometimes have interesting posts? Sure, but is it worth it in the long run if they bother you so much?

You are right. I'm putting him on ignore ^_^
08/09/2014 10:28 PMPosted by Maleratha
Killing an enlisted soldier in battle is better than killing/torturing/@***@!*%@% a defenseless civilian for no reason other than to 'revel in their victory'.

Unless you are a hot chick who is dead.
08/09/2014 10:37 PMPosted by Bladehymn
See, this guy gets it.
08/09/2014 10:38 PMPosted by Shivallah
08/09/2014 10:37 PMPosted by Bladehymn
See, this guy gets it.

I used to be pissed at blizz, then I read the Illiad, now I am pissed at Homer.
08/09/2014 10:08 PMPosted by Viliwyth
08/09/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

Why would they use such a term then? Unless it's a case of writing just being plain bad.

Because the terms used don't actually mean that?
08/09/2014 10:45 PMPosted by Bladehymn
I used to be pissed at blizz, then I read the Illiad, now I am pissed at Homer.
I uhh... totally get the reference. Brad Pitt is pretty good, kinda.
08/09/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Nandoe

Having your way with someone is used commonly to describe rabe.

Probably some guy flexing his language muscle and trying to go for an obscure meaning.

08/09/2014 10:59 PMPosted by Shivallah
uhh... totally get the reference. Brad Pitt is pretty good, kinda.

Nah, eric bana's character, Hector was Ballz to the Wall Awesomesauce.

"Fight For your country, That is the best- and only omen!"

Still mad that he died tho.
08/09/2014 11:01 PMPosted by Bladehymn
08/09/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Nandoe

Having your way with someone is used commonly to describe rabe.

Yes, it's commonly used to describe what you say. . . in bodice-rippers. Forgive me if I don't turn to a subgenre of a very spec-heavy area of fiction as my source of meaning of the English language. If we did that, Harry Potter and its constant use of wands would not be at all suitable for children. It means you're at someone's mercy with sadistic intent.
Oh Thaddius you put the forsaken's abominations to shame being specifically made out of a very large amount of women and children.