Been Ret for a while, have an addon question

Paladin
First of all, let me state that I really don't like the 1 min duration of inquisition, it really messed with my flow, and that I am strictly PvE on this character.

So, I'm a very casual player that loves ret, and was wondering if there were any addons that streamline the class. I don't really NEED them, but I like to play as a minimalist. Other than DBM and Recount, are there any really necessary addons for Ret to bump up your dps?

I don't like UI mods, and I play on the basic layout, moving with my mouse and using my left hand to hit the spells I want to cast.

Any helpful suggestions would be great, but any "your bad go dye" stuff is acceptable as well.

Thanks!
If you feel like you need help with the rotation, clcret will help. Just make sure you have the correct priority input. You can also use clcret to track cd's on AW, GoAK and the tier 90 talent, as well as the length remaining on inq (by the way what do you mean inq messes with your flow?).

Another option is weak auras (which is probably the most diverse addon in the game). There are strings that will let you put your holy power in a more easily visible location, create clusters of your main abilities so you can see when they are off cd or available for use. You can also track the above listed cd's and time on inq as well with WA.
If i could only have 2 addons to play Ret in its current iteration, they would be Classtimer and NugComboBar.

ClassTimer easy to use and set up. Track Inquisition.

NugcomboBar easy to use and set up. Tracks HoPo.
08/08/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Recessive
First of all, let me state that I really don't like the 1 min duration of inquisition, it really messed with my flow, and that I am strictly PvE on this character.

So, I'm a very casual player that loves ret, and was wondering if there were any addons that streamline the class. I don't really NEED them, but I like to play as a minimalist. Other than DBM and Recount, are there any really necessary addons for Ret to bump up your dps?

I don't like UI mods, and I play on the basic layout, moving with my mouse and using my left hand to hit the spells I want to cast.

Any helpful suggestions would be great, but any "your bad go dye" stuff is acceptable as well.

Thanks!

Something that allows you to customize your actionbars, such as bartender.

Then place Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, and Divine Storm close to the center of your screen.

I know you don't like ui addons, but you only need to move a single bar for this.
While using addons can help you track Inq along with telling you exactly what to hit next.

Absolutely NOTHING beats practice. There are no addons that can replace your brain.

GTFO, DBM, Skada/Recount are about all you'll ever need for anything. If you can track Inq by yourself then you are golden, if you know what buttons to hit then you'll have your rotation set to the point where you'll know up to the next 3 buttons you'll hit in advance.

Practice practice practice, that's the best advice I can give you and probably the best you'll get in this thread.
Thanks for the tips! I will give some of these a shot. I'm not having an issue with the rotation, but I switched into sanctified wrath and found I didn't like the feel of that talent as much as Divine Purpose. I was originally thinking an addon may make the change feel better.
CLC ret and Tell Me When are my primary dps add ons.
No singular addon will automatically improve your DPS. It's really just about paying attention to your own abilities and to what's happening around you.

You want to keep your eyes around the middle of the screen when in combat. Rearranging your frames, resource bars, and some abilities can help you gain awarness. CLCret is good for rotation streamlining but it can also track holy power and inquisition. If you're using bar mods like Bartender or Dominos to rearrange your ability bars, use OmniCC to put easy-to-read countdown numbers on your buttons. Addons like powerauras and tellmewhen can help you track procs like Divine Storm and buffs like Inquisition.

08/08/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Aisling
While using addons can help you track Inq along with telling you exactly what to hit next.

Absolutely NOTHING beats practice. There are no addons that can replace your brain.

GTFO, DBM, Skada/Recount are about all you'll ever need for anything. If you can track Inq by yourself then you are golden, if you know what buttons to hit then you'll have your rotation set to the point where you'll know up to the next 3 buttons you'll hit in advance.

Practice practice practice, that's the best advice I can give you and probably the best you'll get in this thread.

All good advice but I think the OP is just looking for ways to make things easier to read in combat lol, an understandable goal with how terrible the default UI is.
Weak Auras is love.

Weak Auras is life.
08/08/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Recessive

For what it's worth, I just started this guy last month and that was one of my 2 complaints -- and I was overjoyed to see it is going away in the next expansion.