Why would Horde Orcs fight the Iron Horde?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
I wonder how many orcs will be fighting there fathers / grandfathers etc... I dont see how the Orcs can side with the horde to fight the iron horde in this expac.
Apparently you blow up the dark portal while you are in the first zone of Draenor. So I ask. Why should we bother continuing to fight them? Just port back home and leave them to their own devices. Or are they just going to build it again?

You blow it up?? WHY!!? That would trap you in the alternate timeline!!!
The Horde orcs are fighting the Iron Horde because the Iron Horde is attacking them.

The real question is why is the Iron Horde attacking us?

At this point in time the orcs were a reasonable group of people. They were at peace with each other and the draenei until Kil'jaeden and Gul'dan started misleading them. It's understandable that they'd initially hear false stories about us from Garrosh, but after inhabiting Draenor for awhile and the Legion becoming a bigger threat, it'd stand to reason that Grom could eventually hear our side of the story.

08/15/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Madia

Have no other option. We had to use an Iron Horde mega canon to do it too.

Have no other option. We had to use an Iron Horde mega canon to do it too.

You know, I'd be all for collapsing the Dark Portal to keep the Iron Horde from invading Azeroth. But not if doing so traps me on the other side!!!
08/15/2014 12:20 AMPosted by Kohma
I just don't understand the motive for Orcs to fight literally their own flesh and blood. If I was in WoW with my Orc lock I would not fight against the Iron Horde.

Some orcs have stood by Garrosh's side. You've seen and fought them in Siege of Orgrimmar; however, a majority of the orcs stood with the Horde and against Garrosh's vision of a "pure" Horde, one that is made entirely of, or at least entirely led by, orcs and orcs alone.

Why do humans fight against humans, or those within a nation against their neighbors? There are complexities that go beyond nation, or species, or race. I think it's a valid question: why would someone want to fight against their neighbor, or even their own family, and yet it happens every day.

In this case the Iron Horde threatens all of Azeroth. Anyone who stands with the Horde is the enemy. Wanting to break off from the Horde and side with the Iron Horde is... sure, a valid way to maybe RP your character (also certainly the desire of some of the characters in the game) and you can maybe even find some fun ways to explore that story line for your character, but it's not the story arc the game is intentionally telling for you or your character.

That was the point. The mission for us was supposed to be a one way trip.

We were going to be trapped on another world with no help or resources, relying on the friends and allies we make on the other side to survive if we manage to succeed without falling ourselves.

Then Holinka went "Hey guys, my new playground doesn't has peoples in it :'(" and caused them to scrap the entire thing for some stupid derpiness about us being unkillable juggernauts of awesome with our island forts.
So if this is a alternative dimension / time, why not just let them have their fun and we stay in our own dimension/time. Not really getting it if Garrosh isn't going back in time directly within our timeline.
08/15/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
08/15/2014 12:20 AMPosted by Kohma
I just don't understand the motive for Orcs to fight literally their own flesh and blood. If I was in WoW with my Orc lock I would not fight against the Iron Horde.

Some orcs have stood by Garrosh's side. You've seen and fought them in Siege of Orgrimmar; however, a majority of the orcs stood with the Horde and against Garrosh's vision of a "pure" Horde, one that is made entirely of, or at least entirely led by, orcs and orcs alone.

Why do humans fight against humans, or those within a nation against their neighbors? There are complexities that go beyond nation, or species, or race. I think it's a valid question: why would someone want to fight against their neighbor, or even their own family, and yet it happens every day.

In this case the Iron Horde threatens all of Azeroth. Anyone who stands with the Horde is the enemy. Wanting to break off from the Horde and to commit genocide is a valid RP desire, and also certainly the desire of some of the characters in the game, and you can maybe even find some fun ways to explore that story line for your character, but it's not the story arc the game is intentionally telling for you or your character.
Amen.
08/15/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Grelly
Plus, Garrosh went there and poisoned their minds.

I have trouble with Garrosh being the Orc equivalent of Wormtounge. But then again I have trouble with Garrosh being a tech head and master teacher.
What's really gonna mess with your head is the realization that, since Orcs can live for far longer than 35 years, some Orc players might find themselves fighting their younger selves as said younger selves fight for the Iron Horde.
Silly OP, Horde Orcs fight Iron Horde Orcs because Iron Horde Orcs has the newest gear.
08/15/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Kaladìn
So if this is a alternative dimension / time, why not just let them have their fun and we stay in our own dimension/time. Not really getting it if Garrosh isn't going back in time directly within our timeline.

Because they aren't staying in their dimension/time, they're coming to ours.
08/15/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Vanhelldik

If they are free, they shouldn't be this violent to actually go ahead and "invade" worlds in different time/dimension with intention to conquer.

It just doesn't match with Thrall's description of orcs and the fact that they lived peacefully with Draenei.

Thrall knows almost nothing about Draenor.

He was raised by humans, then fed a bunch of idealized nonsense by Orcs who wanted to blame the demons for everything bad they ever did.

He bought into it. Worse, he taught it to Garrosh, who actually does know a thing or two about Orcs. He went and taught him that old Orc values should be idealized, that the old Orc ways are tops, and that demons are the one and only thing that caused the bad times to happen.

So Garrosh went with it. Pure old Orc values. No demons.

Saurfang was the only one who really knew those days but didn't miss them. He doesn't shift blame. He aknowledges the terrible things they did, and that they were terrible, and he was fully aware that Garrosh was pushing them back in that direction - no demons necessary. The Orcs have the potential to be what they became, even without demons.

But he stopped being as active as he used to be after the death of his son, and there was no one left to inject reality into the Horde.
Some orcs have stood by Garrosh's side
Right, but the Orcs already on Draenor that join with Garrosh... might possibly be their ancestors. What if they accidentally erase themselves from existence? I wouldn't take that risk.

E: I understand the multiverse theory here paired with the time tangent, I'm referring to ANY version of my self, my-Azeroth or not. My orc self, not my lvl 90 undead self.

No, wait, before I was dead, I was an orc. Fixed it.
08/15/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Bomdanil

That was the point. The mission for us was supposed to be a one way trip.

We were going to be trapped on another world with no help or resources, relying on the friends and allies we make on the other side to survive if we manage to succeed without falling ourselves.

Then Holinka went "Hey guys, my new playground doesn't has peoples in it :'(" and caused them to scrap the entire thing for some stupid derpiness about us being unkillable juggernauts of awesome with our island forts.

So, when we journey through the Dark Portal to take on the Iron Horde, our characters are supposed to be trapped on Dreanor 2????

I don't like this.
08/15/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Fraidies
Some orcs have stood by Garrosh's side
Right, but the Orcs already on Draenor that join with Garrosh... might possibly be their ancestors. What if they accidentally erase themselves from existence? I wouldn't take that risk.

Multiverse. Nothing in this alternate Draenor affects our timeline, except that Garrosh has opened a portal back to our universe to bring the Iron Horde through and murder us.

Is this still actually a confusion point?

Is this still actually a confusion point?

No. But you can tell me whether or not my characters are going to be trapped on the other side though. Please.
Because iron horde doesnt like green orcs