Story Forum Community Lounge 103

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
08/24/2014 01:10 AMPosted by Lorelaî
one of my supervisors nominated me

Isn't that something you're supposed to volunteer for? Last time I checked giving money voluntarily was called donating and giving money because someone told you to is called taxes.
08/24/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Aemon

Isn't that something you're supposed to volunteer for? Last time I checked giving money voluntarily was called donating and giving money because someone told you to is called taxes.

The thing is that if you don't do the challenge, you donate $100. If you do, you get ice water dumped on your head and you donate $10...

Idk, seems stupid to me. I'm all for donating to charity and research to fight disease, but charities/diseases of your own choosing.
08/24/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Lorelaî

The thing is that if you don't do the challenge, you donate $100. If you do, you get ice water dumped on your head and you donate $10...

Idk, seems stupid to me. I'm all for donating to charity and research to fight disease, but charities/diseases of your own choosing.

Just tell them you already donated.

Really? I haven't paid attention to this ice bucket thing at all, so I wasn't aware how it was supposed to work. That sounds less like charitable donation and more like extortion.

I believe the proper term in this situation is "voluntold" instead of "volunteered."
08/24/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Aemon

Really? I haven't paid attention to this ice bucket thing at all, so I wasn't aware how it was supposed to work. That sounds less like charitable donation and more like extortion.

I'm not entirely sure the "dump water and donate" thing was originally part of the challenge. I can't find any "rules" for the challenge other than "record yourself dumping water on your head and challenge other people to spread awareness".

I think it got tacked on when celebrities started doing it and they said they donated as well because otherwise it looked like rich people were dumping water on themselves so they wouldn't have to donate money.
So I finished the World Safari achievement and only collected a few common quality battle pets while doing it. I think I'll go around looking for uncommon and rare versions of those ones then level a bunch of pets to 25 and work on the Celestial Tournament.
08/23/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Krátøs
BetterOffDEAD is such a good mixtape. Sooooooo goooooood.

Amen, brother. Praise Fleezus.
08/25/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Dayfall
08/23/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Krátøs
BetterOffDEAD is such a good mixtape. Sooooooo goooooood.

Amen, brother. Praise Fleezus.

Thank You Flatbased God.
08/25/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Lorelaî
So I finished the World Safari achievement and only collected a few common quality battle pets while doing it. I think I'll go around looking for uncommon and rare versions of those ones then level a bunch of pets to 25 and work on the Celestial Tournament.
Celestial tournament was brutal, but this helped me a lot. My GF is able to do all these without any guide but...I can't. The difference may be that she actually likes pet battles, and I just do them for achievements.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7556

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/how-to-easily-beat-the-celestial-tournament#the-celestial-tournament-rules-and-requirements

Good luck!
I was really hoping pets would be increased to lvl 30 with WoD to make the tournament easier.
08/25/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Lorelaî
I was really hoping pets would be increased to lvl 30 with WoD to make the tournament easier.
At Blizzcon they said that we would be able to "breed" pets by merging them and get epic versions. That has been dropped now though, and this expansion does literally nothing to make our pets stronger as far as we know.

Mumper said this, but so far there is no evidence of it in beta:
Breeding has been replaced by the Menagerie now, and yes, no breeding. It will offer some very cool pet battles bonuses though!
anyone have any good fantasy/sci fi book series to recommend? i have nothing to read
08/25/2014 06:08 PMPosted by Zaoda
anyone have any good fantasy/sci fi book series to recommend? i have nothing to read

Good Omens
The Discworld Series
The Long Earth

(I like Terry Pratchett)

edit:
I did the pet tournament enough to get the celestial pets, and then I stopped. It's pretty annoying.
Foundation series.

Dune. (Not the drivel his son put out.)

Not a series, but read The Forever War before the movie comes out

The Malazan Book of the Fallen
The Wheel of Time
A Song of Ice and Fire

I love the Halo books.

But I'm also obsessed with the Halo Universe. I really enjoyed the Forerunner Saga (three books) that took place before the Halo Array was activated and is the story of the end of the Forerunner Empire and the activation of the Halo Array 100,000 years ago.

I just started reading A Song of Ice and Fire. (Did not know it was Game of Thrones as no one had ever mentioned GoT as a Song of Ice and Fire so I never made the connection until I picked up the first book, titled, A Game of Thrones.)
Plug.dj has been slain by its owners.
wut?
I've been working on a WoW/FF13 fanfic for the past month and I HOPE I can finish it off soon. If you hate the direction the Siege of Orgrimmar took leading up to Warlords of Draenor, want to see races other than humans and orcs take jabs at the game's Humans Vs. Orcs stance and them hogging the spotlight, and like crossovers, this might be for you.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10537646/1/No-More-Retries