Story Forum Community Lounge 103

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 25 Next
08/28/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Veloran
Shouldn't Aegwynn still be alive?

:3

08/28/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Veloran
How?!

Demons and Dark Magic at a Peace Treaty signing.

Still not finished.
The announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC got me to dust off my Wii U and race a bit.
08/28/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Gydorah
The announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC got me to dust off my Wii U and race a bit.

The only game that gives you Bowser on a motorcycle.
I'm finally listening to Kanye West's 808s and Heartbreaks. It really is a great album. Only got three songs left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYIr79YbvUg
08/28/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
it sounds like the stylesheets aren't loading or refreshing, firefox has trouble with that. Delete your cache, or if you don't want to go that far, do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) on this forum's stylesheets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/static/local-common/css/common.css?v44
http://us.battle.net/wow/static/local-common/css/cms/forums.css?v44
http://us.battle.net/wow/static/local-common/css/cms/cms-common.css?v44

I was fairly certain i had cleared since it began, but I gave it a shot anyway and no go. Its not a huge deal, the preview is the only thing affected. Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion all the same

08/28/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Also, consider not using firefox. :D

blasphemy
08/28/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Shippyship
blasphemy

I'm of the same mind.

Firefox is the best. Favourite Addon: Noscript.
Chrome master race.
is it possible for a mage to solo normal ulduar 25?
08/28/2014 12:55 AMPosted by Seebach
So here's a quick teaser of Time Twisted Azeroth Key figures of the Blackmoore Alliance.

Things to consider:

Orcs never invaded this Azeroth, as a result, Llane Wrynn is still King. Varian is married to Tiffin.
The Scourge never happened. Arthas and Jaina have a romance, Much to Kael'thas' displeasure.
Agwyn never conceived Medivh, and so Sargeras truly died.
The main stage of the Blackmoore Alliance will have taken place around the same time as the 2nd wars end.
The Old Gods never reemerged. The war of the shifting sands never happens, and Deathwing was never corrupted.
Some of this is on the fly, and so some of it had more thought put into it than something else.

If it doesn't sound like its canon, or I'm making something up for the story, I probably am.

Blackmoore
-Legion contacts him and offers him the deal of a lifetime
-He kills Terenas and a slew of other large names (such as Thoras and Galen Trollbane, Anasterian Sunstrider, Llane Wrynn, Tiffin Wrynn and baby Anduin Wyrnn, Baron Garithos, Turalyon, Vereesa).
-Those that don't die swear fealty to the King Overlord or Azeroth (Perenolde, Daelin Proudmoore, Othmar Garithos)
-While being the supposed and undeposable "King" of this time-twisted, Blackmoore still has some vices, and often hits on Tyrande, who brushes him off coldly every time, and embarassingly. He'd do something about it, but he questions what is stronger, his demons and black magic, or Tyrande's Necromancy and Worgen army.

Tyrande Whisperwind
-She chose Illidan (who never lost his eyes) instead of Malfurion
-Illidan sacrificed himself to save Tyrande and Malfurion, and she blames Malfurion for his death
-Tyrande murders a completely defenseless Azshara, and is looked upon with disdain for her sadism.
-Tyrande was imprisoned for crimes against nature (turning her back on Elune) and using the power of the arcane to attempt to bring Illidan back. Malfurion acts as the warden, and as such, never leads the druids. (Replaced by Shan'do Staghelm).
-She is freed by Blackmoore and is promised the magic that she desperately wants.
-She murders Malfurion and raises his corpse, sealing his soul inside his body, unable to control himself. She then raises Illidan, who begs her to release them both from this torturous psuedo life.
-She will gain the scythe of elune and turns its curse upon Blackmoores enemies.

Varian Wrynn
-Escaped the massacre of Lordaeron along with Lothar, Arthas, Jaina, Genn, Tess, Liam Greymane and Kael'thas.
-His sanity worsens at the loss of his father, wife and infant child.
-Rather than stay in Dalaran (the nearest friendly kingdom and at the behest of Lorthar), Varian means to set out alone for Stormwind to rally his soldiers. Kael'thas gifts him with a High Elven Sword (Shalamayne) before leaving. Lothar catches up with him.
-On their path, they encounter the Worgen summoned by Arugal and controlled by the Scythe of Elune.
Arugal tells him that he was going to use this upon Blackmoore, for Ur had told him he had seen this coming, as well as other disturbing images of things to come. In a fit of Rage, Varian murders Arugal and claims the Scythe, but not before being terribly scarred and bitten by the ravenous worgen. Lothar attempts to treat him, and Varian murders in a blood haze. Whatever was left of Varian's humanity was gone after that.
-He makes it to Stormwind, where he fully transforms and infects the entire kingdom. Before long, the worgen spread like a wild fire across the entirety of the human kingdoms, even reaching the outlying countryside around Lordaeron. During his trek across the kingdoms, Varian encounters Genn and Liam Greymane and contingents of Gilneas. Shalamayne is sundered, but Varian tears Genn apart and transforms his men and son into mindless worgen.
-Blackmoore and Tyrande finally catch up to the rampaging Worgen King in an effort to stop the Worgen menace at its core, who is barely even cogniscent of human thought at this point. Blackmoore nearly kills Varian before Tyrande stops him, having gained control of him (as well as all the Worgen he sired) with the power of the scythe.
-Varian Wrynn now leads the charge as the front runner of Blackmoores War Chariot.

Like it? Hate it? Suggestion?

Next time, we'll teaser the Leper Mechagnome Lord, and the Dark Iron Kings, as well as some of the friends you would want to encounter on this light forsaken world!

Wow. I'm usually wary of people wanting to write their Fix Fic versions of Warcraft by basically turning it into a plot of perpetual war (I still am), but this sounds like it'd be very interesting! I'd definitely read this.
08/28/2014 12:55 AMPosted by Seebach
So here's a quick teaser of Time Twisted Azeroth Key figures of the Blackmoore Alliance

Its an interesting idea. Most of the ideas are not my cup of tea (I'm the weird guy that likes happy endings and fairy tales) but that is just personal tastes and nothing else.

A couple of points for your story though:

What are the dragon flights doing while all of this is taking place?

If the Naga are not an issue then is there another threat from the sea that could emerge?
08/28/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Zaoda

Yes.

It is a pain in the !@#, but yes.

08/28/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Danseis
I'm the weird guy that likes happy endings and fairy tales

The concept of time-twisted worlds is that it generally isn't a happy universe. We're basically going mid-apocalyptica with this here story. Everyone you usually enjoy is a monster, though some monsters that you know turn out to be the good guys this time around.

What are the dragon flights doing while all of this is taking place?

:3

If the Naga are not an issue then is there another threat from the sea that could emerge?

Not that far yet.

Here's an actual introduction and story of Mechalord Gelbin Mekatorque

The fallout of the irradiating Gnomergan to kill the troggs was horroriffic for the newly elected king of the gnomes, and just as worse was the guilt that he had a hand in its cause. Still the gnomes could not ask the Dark Iron Dwarves that lived within the Dark and cavernous Iron Forge for aide, for they were sick and deranged, only valuing the gnomes as slave labor and creatures to be looked down upon.

Gelbin and his most trusted followers went back in to save who they could, and perhaps restore their proud city. However, his most trusted advisor, Sicko Thermaplugg had set him up from the beginning, stealing wrenchcaliber from Gelbin and taking his left arm as "proof" of the gnome kings demise. He was left behind and locked within his old workshop, where he could do nothing but breathe in the radiated air and curse himself for not seeing it coming. Before long his skin began to tear at any mere touch, and he could feel that he would die soon.

"I will not accept this!" Gelbin screamed to himself as he grabbed bits and pieces of iron and wires, constructing for himself a new left arm, a giant pincer with a large nozzle built in beneath it. "I will not die. I will transcend my flesh!" He began to screw and hammer replacement pieces upon his body. A mechanical ear, a robotic leg, lungs built out of an oxygen scrubber strapped to his back, allowing him to breathe easier than he had originally been able to. "YES!" He cackled to himself as ripped out eyes that had begun to fade from the radiation poisoning, replacing them with dark red surveillance bulbs. "I WILL UPGRADE MYSELF!"

Several days passed as the gnomes above ground mourned the loss of Mekkatorque, but Thermaplugg swore he would carry on the kingdom in his image (at least that is what Thermaplugg ordered the gnomes who went with them to say).

"IN MY IMAGE!" a mechanical voice fought back a cackle as Gelbin walked through the arches of Gnomeregan, wheezing and exhaling black smoke from the corners of his mouth. "You can never comprehend MY IMAGE any longer, traitor!"

Thermaplugg called to arms those close enough to fight, and the gnomes wanted to fight. This "thing" that arose from the depths of the mechworks could not be their once glorious leader. The charged the beastly mechanism of flesh and steel. Gelbin lifted his left arm up, the pincer opening to reveal a nozzle that billowed out a green gas that swallowed the area. Gnomes began to hack and wheeze, feeling their innards liquify, their skin peeling apart as they gurgled in agony.

"That is but a taste for those that follow the traitorous Thermaplugg!" He belched smoke again as he grabbed the false king around his neck with the pincer, lifting him off the ground. Thermaplugg begged and pleaded for his life, all futile as a black green smoke poured from the nozzle. "His fate is worse than death!"

The smoke disappated and nothing of Thermaplugg existed, save for a large bulbous slimey mess at Gelbin's feet that trembled and shrilled as the Gnome king spread a new decree to his gnomes, "Do not be scared! Back into the depths of Gnomeregan we shall become better! We shall become more!"

The gnomes looked at one another and could not deny that Gelbin was the future, and those brave enough went back in, both to find any survivors, and to upgrade themselves. Those that refused Gelbin...

The Dark Irons had seen black smoke billowing for weeks from the direction of the gnomes. They had no care for what they were doing. Days after the weeks had gone by that the Dark Irons began to rally their forces at the main gate of Iron Forge, for they saw a procession from miles away.

On the final day, The 3 kings of Ironforge - Magni, Muradin, and Brann Thaurrisan - met with the twisted new King of Gnomeregan, as well as his host of bio mechagnomes at his back.

"I have come to offer my allegiance to the Dark Irons!" Gelbin shouted from the distance to the Dwarven kings. "What I offer! Technomancy, as well as these 1000 gnome slaves who refused my greatness!"

Brann, being the shrewdest of them called out, "What if we refuse yer offer, wee-one! Will ye wage war upon us!?"

"I would!"

"Do you think you can stand before the might of the Dark Irons! That you could stand against the might of our enslaved Fire Elementals!"

"Stand!?" He cackled, causing the entirety of his bio mechagnomes to follow suite, the laughing sounding like a well oiled machine. "If we fall, we'll just rebuild our legs till none can look down upon us, and we shall look down upon YOU!!"

He motioned to a now giant mass of green ooze that undulated close behind the slaves, "Though, I would have brought you 2000 slaves, but I had to feed my new pet!"

Brann sneered, but noticed that anything that had been in the blobs path - Animals, Plants, Minerals, Vegetables, even the very air it had passed through, had been entirely devoured, leaving a trail of barren waste in its path.

"Then stand with us!" Another voice called from behind the Dwarven Kings. A tall humanoid figure walked up behind the Dwarves, inciting angry grumbles from the 3 kings.

"Afterall!" Blackmoore shouted, burning red eyes and demonic horns framed the wicked smile of his, "We have worlds to destroy!"

I should come do Ulduar with you. :3

I just can't remember which character I wanted to do it on. Probably my Druid, who is only 88.
08/29/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Lorelaî

when do you want to? :B
So I have a bit of a comic book question. In the X-Men series, if Mystique ever gains access to a time machine, do you think it's possible that she could use it to go back in time and meet herself where she could then turn into a man and then have sex with herself and then produce children with the ability to shapeshift as well?

Also do you think that if Mystique ever hones her powers do you think she could turn into different animals? And if so, do you think eventually she could turn into other objects as well? One of my friends who read the comic books said that she turned into Wolverine and was able to fight him with steel claws at one point. That doesn't make much sense if her powers are derived from abnormal skin cells.
08/29/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Lorelaî

I just can't remember which character I wanted to do it on. Probably my Druid, who is only 88.
Ulduar is easily soloable and there is a trick you can do to make it even easier if you just want Yogg.

You can do as much of it as you want in 10 normal, and then walk out and turn it up to 25H. It does not penalize you for doing that.
08/29/2014 04:50 PMPosted by Vynathlon
So I have a bit of a comic book question.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask comic book lore questions. At least I'm not super familiar with X-men lore.
So I have a bit of a comic book question

To your second question, it depends on the version, but I believe Mystique can assume the appearance of other mutants but not their powers; for example she could look like Wolverine, she could even fight like Wolverine, but her powers would not be the same.

As to the first, Mystique regardless of version is one of the most mentally and emotionally scared individuals in the Marvel universe (and that is saying something) she really doesn't need any more trauma.
08/29/2014 07:04 PMPosted by Danseis
As to the first, Mystique regardless of version is one of the most mentally and emotionally scared individuals in the Marvel universe (and that is saying something) she really doesn't need any more trauma.
Yeah I befriended someone who read the comic books, and we have a running joke that Mystique gained access to a time machine, went back in time, turned into a man, had sex with her past self, and then her present self gave birth to all sorts of children who look exactly like her.

Then her children gained access to the time machine and repeated the process until she had millions of versions of herself.

Then they used the time machine to influence society itself. But the thing is that there is no more society to influence, because now everyone in the world is either some form of Mystique or one of her descendants.

But most of us have been too caught outside of the loop that we don't even know that we are Mystique or have the ability to transform into anything else.

08/29/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Aemon
So I have a bit of a comic book question.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask comic book lore questions. At least I'm not super familiar with X-men lore.
Also I checked the Movies, TV, and Entertainment forum and they don't have any threads about it, and even if they did I wouldn't get a straight answer. I figure that since the Story Forum has a group of intelligent people in it that they would be more than capable of answering an off-topic question in an off-topic thread over a bunch of trolls in General Discussion.
Graduation is the best Kanye West album and just an absolutely amazing album in general.
08/29/2014 09:27 PMPosted by Vynathlon
because now everyone in the world is either some form of Mystique or one of her descendants.

Unless one of her mutant powers turned out to be immunity to inbreeding, I don't think this scenario would turn out very well.