We need to fight for healing spheres back!!

Monk
From what I herd me monks are absolutely horrible in wod right now. Taking away that spell just kills us. They really need to make some big changes to this class before wod comes out or this spec will go extinct because of how bad it will be.
08/31/2014 11:29 PMPosted by Dahhfuq
monks are absolutely horrible in wod

No.
09/01/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Stumblin
healing spheres were the stupidest mechanic ever

glad theyre gone

Being able to heal while moving is pretty darn good, don't see how its stupid. It was/is unique.
09/01/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Jahninja
Being able to heal while moving is pretty darn good, don't see how its stupid. It was/is unique.

It was stupid because it cost like 1/3 a gcd and almost every mistweaver orb bots and gets undeserved rating.
I was referring to WW.
If they give us tools to deal with insane burst I'll be just fine. Orbs aren't particuarly hard to use. I find it hilarious people need bots to use them. I'd say orbs in a rbg 2.2k+ generally account for 20-30% of my healing due to the insane amount of burst right now in game. WoD will bring a few different aspects that we currently don't have to deal with. Lower overall burst related to health pools and healers will oom if they don't properly use their healing spells means that there will be a much lower to no reason in needing orbs. As long as this burst damage is out in check I'm 100% ok losing orbs.
09/01/2014 05:53 AMPosted by Shhaya
08/31/2014 11:29 PMPosted by Dahhfuq
monks are absolutely horrible in wod

No.
Bot orbs? Why would you even need to do that? Is clicking the ground under neath you that involving?
09/02/2014 11:20 AMPosted by Colin
Bot orbs? Why would you even need to do that? Is clicking the ground under neath you that involving?

Think of it this way. Instead of setting up aiming your orbs on moving targets you can download a bot that with 100% efficiency lands orbs on your target. The low gcd makes its crazy good topping your teammates off in seconds. It actually wasnt a problem all expansion until chi brew started giving mana tea. So MW effectively if they have somewhat of a brain can spam orbs all game cast a few instant enveloping mists and just win. In arenas it can be difficult to land orbs in hard situations. So people bot or cheat the system to get rating, i can almost guarantee at least 50% of the MWs on the ladders orb bot.
09/02/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Stumblin
whenever i play mistweaver with guys i dont know that well they always ask me if im orb botting, and when i say no they ask me why not and tell me i should get it if i want to play mistweaver

I agree i dont play mistweaver except RBGs (because lul WW monk in RBGs) but almost every MW i talk to or high rated player in general agrees that pretty much the entire MW ladder orb bots with the except of a few. Dannycarey, Verdantstorm, other not as famous MWs. Im glad they are removing the mechanic it was truly frustrating to deal with.
I agree we need to get healing sphere back, class will be broken without it, the new crappy heal ruins our mobility, our ability to kite and heal, which many other classes can still do, druids for example. I just have no faith that these morons will actually listen to the community.
Monks are great in the beta, take it from me. Just a little less forgiving.
09/02/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Phried
we need to get healing sphere back

no we dont need it, no one needs it. Its a bad mechanic and unless they fix the gcd issue id rather it stay gone.
They're clunky and served their purpose, but it's time to retire Healing Sphere.
Healing Sphere is a unique, new healing mechanic and is difficult to become proficient in its using. Many MW's use a 3rd party program to simply click the frame (as one would playing any other healer class/spec) and that is clearly wrong, cheating, etc. People are just now learning (hopefully without cheating) how to orb someone effectively and just as such a progression begins, it will soon end in the form of WoD. It is very frustrating to learn and difficult to adapt to that playstyle of dropping orbs on other players but that doesn't mean it should be removed. If the game is further simplified and therefore homogenized (monks healing the same way in which other healers do) then how could someone be good at something within the game? Aren't abilities that require a bit of accuracy, patience, skill, premeditation the very things that differentiate a good player from a bad one?

If the removal of spheres becomes a reality, then every monk will be forced to revert to the soothing mist spam into HoT method and I don't think any one monk can be that much more superior in that aspect of the game than another. Yes, it is hard to do, but that is what makes it worth doing. The time, effort and confidence in one's aim put into excelling with healing spheres IS what is skillful about them. Each and every individual sphere is manually placed and I am sure many monks realize how deadly and taxing it is to miss even one. These are the reasons why I l fell in love the class after starting it , that I stopped playing other classes because they didn't have the same feel. I sucked at using them straight up, I was a very bad monk when I started trying to orb other people. It was difficult and excitingly stressful to try and land orbs on the most ridiculous bouncing moonkins, as well as other classes in rated battlegrounds or PvE.

If Healing Sphere is overpowered, then redesign them (maybe normalize the GCD to 1.5 baseline instead of 0.5, making it even more dire to never miss one). If the majority of the WoW population thinks it is too difficult, maybe they are playing the wrong healing class. I would most certainly not continue playing this class without some sort of stressful or difficult mechanic to master and if my suspicions about classes being homogenized and simplified for the greater population/ casual players (and hence the greater income) of WoW are true, then I don't think this would be the game for me anymore because everyone can hit soothing mist on a generic party frame and I want to stand out and work on something difficult.

When it comes to the cheaters or orb-botters, trust that I have seen disgusting amounts of them and they are wrong in that, but the ability itself is not to blame. The program that allows players to manipulate the game from outside it should be targeted. If the ToS' policy against unfair conduct or cheating in competitive environments such as rated BGs or arenas remains, then it is within the legal power of Blizz to take the program and its creators to court if they don't edit the program or remove it for the sake of upholding the ToS regulations which is indeed the basis for their game.

As for the rest of the dedicated monks and players wanting to give it an honest shot, you will not be good at using them instantly but that is intrinsically and primarily what will separate you from every other monk. Therefore, log in and turn on friendly name plates, mess with some binds and just go heal crap in bgs or arena. If you agree with me, link this around where it's valid, thank you for reading and have fun.
09/09/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Verdantstorm
Healing Sphere is a unique, new healing mechanic and is difficult to become proficient in its using. Many MW's use a 3rd party program to simply click the frame (as one would playing any other healer class/spec) and that is clearly wrong, cheating, etc. People are just now learning (hopefully without cheating) how to orb someone effectively and just as such a progression begins, it will soon end in the form of WoD. It is very frustrating to learn and difficult to adapt to that playstyle of dropping orbs on other players but that doesn't mean it should be removed. If the game is further simplified and therefore homogenized (monks healing the same way in which other healers do) then how could someone be good at something within the game? Aren't abilities that require a bit of accuracy, patience, skill, premeditation the very things that differentiate a good player from a bad one?

If the removal of spheres becomes a reality, then every monk will be forced to revert to the soothing mist spam into HoT method and I don't think any one monk can be that much more superior in that aspect of the game than another. Yes, it is hard to do, but that is what makes it worth doing. The time, effort and confidence in one's aim put into excelling with healing spheres IS what is skillful about them. Each and every individual sphere is manually placed and I am sure many monks realize how deadly and taxing it is to miss even one. These are the reasons why I l fell in love the class after starting it , that I stopped playing other classes because they didn't have the same feel. I sucked at using them straight up, I was a very bad monk when I started trying to orb other people. It was difficult and excitingly stressful to try and land orbs on the most ridiculous bouncing moonkins, as well as other classes in rated battlegrounds or PvE.

If Healing Sphere is overpowered, then redesign them (maybe normalize the GCD to 1.5 baseline instead of 0.5, making it even more dire to never miss one). If the majority of the WoW population thinks it is too difficult, maybe they are playing the wrong healing class. I would most certainly not continue playing this class without some sort of stressful or difficult mechanic to master and if my suspicions about classes being homogenized and simplified for the greater population/ casual players (and hence the greater income) of WoW are true, then I don't think this would be the game for me anymore because everyone can hit soothing mist on a generic party frame and I want to stand out and work on something difficult.

When it comes to the cheaters or orb-botters, trust that I have seen disgusting amounts of them and they are wrong in that, but the ability itself is not to blame. The program that allows players to manipulate the game from outside it should be targeted. If the ToS' policy against unfair conduct or cheating in competitive environments such as rated BGs or arenas remains, then it is within the legal power of Blizz to take the program and its creators to court if they don't edit the program or remove it for the sake of upholding the ToS regulations which is indeed the basis for their game.

As for the rest of the dedicated monks and players wanting to give it an honest shot, you will not be good at using them instantly but that is intrinsically and primarily what will separate you from every other monk. Therefore, log in and turn on friendly name plates, mess with some binds and just go heal crap in bgs or arena. If you agree with me, link this around where it's valid, thank you for reading and have fun.

Straight from the best monk in the game. ^ This. Everything in it. Back it. Game needs to stop getting easier just for the sake of the casuals. There are still some people who want to be recognized as the best. Taking out the key part of a class isnt going to fix it, its going to ruin it. As a company you need to fight the people who are ruining your game by providing bots that do everything for the player. Fight Honorbuddy or start banning people for using it and you'll notice a enormous drop in monks over rating even as low as 2500. Id say 90% of monks cant heal a 2k team without HB aiming for them, and thats a disgrace. Why play a class if you're just going to cheat on it? How does that make you feel good about your ability to play the game?
Do not Remove Spheres, Fix the bots.