So Let Me Get This Straight:

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
09/03/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Vilquar
09/03/2014 07:20 AMPosted by Lukar
Customizable housing.

Oh ffs if you want to play Sims go and play Sims.
This game as never about housing and be sure garrisons is more than
I was ever expecting in this game, and that's as far as it goes.
Maybe some sort of guildhalls in the future but never individual housing.
Want to know why? Because it was in wow already(Yes a shocker huh?)
It was totally scrapped though.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Player_housing

It was considered, but never fully implemented.
Take my +1, OP. <3
09/03/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Indulgences
Abilities are getting trimmed down so classes are more playable

Unholy DK getting gutted. This isn't pruning, it's spraying defoliant all over the shrub.
09/03/2014 07:21 AMPosted by Dliver
Customizable housing?

It's an Orc mudhut staffed by lackies and located in outer East Siberia.

I don't think that's how most "honored adventurers" would customize their dream home.

Hey, I'm looking forward to WoD too, but calling that customizable housing is laughable.

I believe the Orc buildings are now made of some type of strong metal and wood floors.

Dream home? You expect a fortress for war on an alien world to look like some sort of Ken and Barbie dream home?
Someone clear up something for me. Why does almost everybody keep complaining about garrisons not exactly being like Player Housing. Why do you want Player Housing? And why is it even needed? Want your toon to live somewhere? Mine lives in an inn, the character is way more occupied doing stuff out of the inn like dungeons, scenarios, bgs, dailies, etc.

What is the point in such a feature when in the end we'd be anywhere besides our house?
09/03/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Xalefor
Someone clear up something for me. Why does almost everybody keep complaining about garrisons not exactly being like Player Housing. Why do you want Player Housing? And why is it even needed?

Well not everyone in this thread is really complaining but pointing out how the original poster is wrong calling Garrisons player housing.

As far as why people want it? Everybody is different and some people enjoy that feature in mmo's. Just because you do not does not make them wrong in wanting it. Especially considering true player housing is optional and you would in no way be forced to use it.

My question would be why does it bother you so much people want something that would have absolutely zero effect on you at all.

09/03/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Xalefor
What is the point in such a feature when in the end we'd be anywhere besides our house?

Actually it also adds another level to gameplay. It gives collectors something else other than the norm to go after. Plus more items for people to make money off of on the Ah and such.
09/03/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Maldazzar

Unholy DK getting gutted. This isn't pruning, it's spraying defoliant all over the shrub.

WoD: The Orc-Agent Orange expansion!
Players are finally getting customizable housing
I WISH?!?!!
I want my own instanced floating island with a big Blood Elf tower that I can put furniture and such in.
And I want to be able to decorate the outside with pretty trees and whatnot.
Thanks.

Customizable in what buildings you have in your Garrison and where they're placed only. Forget everything you heard about choosing zone and location, that went out the window months ago.

Character models are getting updated

Everything except Blood Elf models will be updated at launch.

We're going back to the planet of the most beloved expansion

Yes and no.

No-Flying as a tribute throwback to Vanilla style gameplay

Skipping this hot button, potential legal issue.

Hunters and Blood DKs would like a word with you.

Korgis and Spacegoat pets

Molten Corgi is a limited time pet.

Warforged Seals will no longer be capped

Warforged Seals will not have a cap on how many you can get in a week in 6.0, but there's still the hard cap of 10 that you can carry at once as far as I'm aware of. They're pointless once the expansion comes out anyway.

The problem of wasted drops via dedicated Spirit/Int Plate & Int Mail has finally been solved

Not when you don't have plate or mail wearers in the group. You still have the problem of secondary stats being utter garbage for one or two specs of a class and reforging is gone.

Personal Loot system has been upgraded to prevent getting the same bracers 12 times

Supposedly. RNG is still RNG.

PvP toggle allows you to never have to worry about accidentally flagging

Something that should have been done years ago.
We can customize our guards. depending if we're exalted with them. So if you're exalted with all vanilla horde/ally races you can choose which race to guard your garrison.
09/03/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Juradon
We can customize our guards. depending if we're exalted with them. So if you're exalted with all vanilla horde/ally races you can choose which race to guard your garrison.
For real?
Neato.
Spacegoat pets

For $10 in the shop

Customizable as in "This is what zone you get, this is mandatory for questing"
Character models are getting updated

Badly.

Which is widely accepted as grindy and boring.
09/03/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Alidir
My question would be why does it bother you so much people want something that would have absolutely zero effect on you at all.

I don't see WoW ever having the ability to have a feature like player housing, it's one of those things that people will not pipe down about is what bugs me, though it shouldn't.

Am I against player housing? Not really, though I have my concerns. And I, again in WoW, don't see it ever being possible or ever implemented if possible. I would say for people to give Garrisons another chance at launch and see if whether or not it might not be so bad, then again one could say the same thing to me about player housing. To which I would agree.

Ah well.
09/03/2014 09:26 PMPosted by Xalefor
09/03/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Alidir

I don't see WoW ever having the ability to have a feature like player housing, it's one of those things that people will not pipe down about is what bugs me, though it shouldn't.

Am I against player housing? Not really, though I have my concerns. And I, again in WoW, don't see it ever being possible or ever implemented if possible. I would say for people to give Garrisons another chance at launch and see if whether or not it might not be so bad, then again one could say the same thing to me about player housing. To which I would agree.

Ah well.

Implementing player housing would only be hard if they made it hard. If they took it in the route other games have they would make it instanced. Like in LotRo where there is whole instanced towns of player houses.

That way it is not in direct conflict with any content and could be nothing more than an after thought to those who wouldn't want to take part.

The only things they would have to implement in any and all content outside of that is the drops. And even for those not interested in taking part in the actual housing. I wouldn't think they would mind having an extra source of income because in most games housing drops sell fairly good.
customizable housing

I stopped reading this idiot there.
09/03/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Shadryck
09/03/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Juradon
For real?
Neato.

Yup. BC races and shado pan included.
09/03/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Lahgtah
We're going back to the planet of the most beloved expansion

Subjective. If we are going by statistics and numbers, wrath was the most "beloved" expansion.

I love this misconception that wrath was "the best" expansion, most successful, etc. Considering the highest growth of WoW was during TBC and all the growth stopped during wotlk, says a lot. The numbers do not lie.
09/03/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Farmageddon

Why don't the derps realize that the no flying happens for a little while with every expansion...

The "little while" is permanent this time around.
09/03/2014 07:20 AMPosted by Lukar
09/03/2014 07:16 AMPosted by Indulgences
I can downvote too. Name one of the above that isn't happening in WoD.

Customizable housing.

This makes me very sad. :(
I would love customizable housing. It would be another way to individualize our stuff in the same vein as transmogging.

Garrisons sound cool I guess, but it's not the same as housing. I really want housing where you can decorate/customize all sorts of things and have other players/guildies come to visit you at your home. It would be fun to put out a feast or something for other players...especially around seasonal times or holidays.
09/03/2014 03:32 PMPosted by Shunmin
likewise, anyone with so much as a negative opinion AGAINST WoD, or Blizzard, is reported and down voted.

From what I have seen so far, the pro-WoD people have consistently been downvoted and/or reported more. It seems as if anyone who is not crying for Blizz to be burned at the stake are wrong for their feelings and opinions on the matters at hand.